Why does society look down on single men?

All I know is that my friends who are single and have been single for years are going further and further down the path of becoming incompatible with any woman. They're so caught up in their day to day habits of doing anything they want, that they're picking up weird habits.

The thought of them adjusting their daily habits (a lot of which aren't productive anyway) makes them angry and they feel like they'd be losing their identity. One is borderline MGTOW/INCEL...
<bball1>

I've thought of this. I've been single long enough where it's going to be really tough to take shit from anyone. Add to that I've never really been in a stable relationship and let the games begin!

MGTOW and incel are polar opposites, btw. So which is it?

I've really only seen this be a problem when looking perhaps at politicians, or the upper echelon of a large company. I've heard high level executives ask young new management hires "you have a special lady at home?".....this question always struck me as odd but I think it's more of an image thing than anything else.

Perhaps at least the appearance of a married household with kids shows "stability", "priorities", and "responsibility"? Also, you'd probably be the odd man out of the group not having a wife to bring to the job functions, and social events. If you always brought a different "girlfriend" you may be looked at as a womanizer. It's all a social construct I believe.

I believe it's all because of tradition, and social constructs.

I don't look down on single men or women. lol

So basically anyone who doesn't live their life in the same manner as you has something wrong with them?

{<huh}

If someone told you they weren't interested in sex would that strike you as odd?

I've only come to realise this the last two years. Now my friends are all getting married and has kids, I rarely hear from them and are left out of most activities.
Yeah same with my old friends. I am now just starting to make new friends with guys who are my age who aren’t in relationships and aren’t boring

It doesn't look down on single men, if anything it looks down on single females.

It does not look down on single men. It looks down on men who are incapable of getting laid.

Dudes who are single but can pick and choose who they want to fuck every time they go out are not looked down upon. They are sought after.
This. Society looks rightfully down at the human waste incel type.

Why does society look down on single men?
Being single is awesome. No one to tie you down. Sure it can get lonely but aside from that i don’t really see any other downsides.

Because society wouldn't exist if everyone thought that way?

If someone told you they weren't interested in sex would that strike you as odd?
Not really. We all have different wants and needs....and I tend to not project my own upon others.

But its not fair to compare a human biological drive to a personal decision about marriage.

Me thinks you are being a bit sensitive.

If you are say 40 without a serious relationship in your history something is wrong and you will be judged.

But just being single pfft no one cares.

VivaRevolution,
I have known the girls almost as long in most cases. The rest I fully agree with.
One couple are already separated and seeing other people.
Once one couple got married, the rest all followed suit. Women compete!

Not really. We all have different wants and needs....and I tend to not project my own upon others.

But its not fair to compare a human biological drive to a personal decision about marriage.

You wouldn't classify the desire to have children as a biological drive?

Me thinks you are being a bit sensitive.

If you are say 40 without a serious relationship in your history something is wrong and you will be judged.

But just being single pfft no one cares.

220px-Tesla3.jpg

I think “single shaming” is a thing for both men and women. Women get it worse imho.
I was married for 16 years and with my ex wife for 20. When the divorce came I wasn’t so happy about becoming single at 40. It turned out to be awesome! My 40’s were like a lot of people’s 20’s. Now that I’m in my fifties I “might” be ready to settle down. If I find the right woman I would get married again.
Honestly, I get a lot of “I’m so jealous of your life.” Career, hobbies, travel, financial security... it’s all easier when you are single.
There are many paths to happiness.

So basically anyone who doesn't live their life in the same manner as you has something wrong with them?

{<huh}
Yeah, the margin to not fall in piece of shit territory in my eyes is rather narrow.

Evolution is conditioning with the consequence of death.

You know those happy feelings you get when wifey says I love you, or the kiddies do something good? Those are endorphins. You are a healthy drug addict.

Evolution is not conditioning. Conditioning is the changing of behaviour. Evolution is behaviours causing a greater chance of survival causing the genes that brought about the behaviour to be passed on to the next generation.

How I feel about my kids has nothing to do with why single men are more expendable. I studied psychology with my interests being evolutionary psychology and neuropharmacology so I understand full well the systems of motivation and reward.

Back