Why does society look down on single men?

I've only come to realise this the last two years. Now my friends are all getting married and has kids, I rarely hear from them and are left out of most activities.

Being a parent changes things a lot and other parents are more accommodating. It ain't that you are worth less (although you are), it's just that you don't fulfil their needs as much anymore.

I've only come to realise this the last two years. Now my friends are all getting married and has kids, I rarely hear from them and are left out of most activities.

Wait a few years, and you can watch 60% get divorced in the first 5 years, and the next generation of children with abandonment issues arise.

No their aren't. That is called programming and conditioning.

No it's called evolution.

The parameters and behaviours exist accross all cultures, even those in isolation. They are observable in most higher order mammals also. They exist entirely absent of programming a nd conditioning.

No it's called evolution.

The parameters and behaviours exist accross all cultures, even those in isolation. They are observable in most higher order mammals also. They exist entirely absent of programming a nd conditioning.

Evolution is conditioning with the consequence of death.

You know those happy feelings you get when wifey says I love you, or the kiddies do something good? Those are endorphins. You are a healthy drug addict.

If you truly feel that way, then you wouldn’t need to justify yourself on a karate forum.

Be honest. Keep it in your head though because I don’t give two shits about your self reflection.

Being single is awesome. No one to tie you down. Sure it can get lonely but aside from that i don’t really see any other downsides.

You can bang all the chicks you want. Do what you want and when you want. Go on holidays. More money for yourself.

Seems like some people think you’re a loser if you’re not married or don’t have kids. Why is that? What if you don’t want to tie yourself down in a relationship? I have been in a relationship before and I hated it.
Do what you want. A woman and children keep you grounded. Also, how many women do you bang, in reality? Let delve further, how many women do you bang that are higher than a Boise 5? You can lie to us right now and say whatever you want but you know the truth. And how often does it happen?

You’ve never had children so you would never understand.

Sure you can do what you want but I bet your house is out of order and you dress like a slob. A good women, remember I’m not saying all women, just good women, will help you stay organized and neat. As I said, a good woman will keep you grounded. If your woman is a disorganized slob I feel sorry for you.

The good thing about starting a family young is if you do it right you get to enjoy greater freedom, and still retain a sense of belonging, as the kids leave the nest. Raising kids in your twenties is different from raising them in your forties.

The only thing wrong about being single is how much you let it bother you, which also includes how much outside opinion impacts you. While marriage is better being single ain't bad.

Well you are just 25, very young. Enjoy life, do crazy shit and don't ever commit at your age. I think there is something off with people that have children at 25, too, btw. It s a question of finding the proper timing.

Maybe your opinion will change in 10 years. I used to think it s awesome to be 45 and free and bang a bunch of women James Bond style, but now, yeah, it means something is not right.

I think it all boils down to life becoming pointless after a certain point when you don't have children. Nobody to pass things to. Just your own self and having fun, but isn't that a bit vain, after a certain age, say 40?

Not sure why but I guess what turns people off is that it signals to others that one takes his fun too seriously and has nothing to give. Essentially it signals being selfish and untrustworthy.

Don't get me wrong, this is very subjective and I know it's stupid but if I try to put it into words that would be it.

Another way to explain it is through some cognitive bias: when you have a child you adore that child and everything else looses importance in some capacity. So people assume that people without children care about unimportant things, since the most important of all isn t there.

I know it s all bullshit though. But trust parents when they say that life changes with a child :)

I (secretly) find people who never want kids/family weird... Especially women. With that said, I respect their choices.

A lot of our population are irresponsible breeders that put no thought into the kids they have and their only contribution is filling the world with shitty humans. I encounter a lot of kids (as I am an educator) and I wish more people had the "I don't want kids" mentality.

Sure you can do what you want but I bet your house is out of order and you dress like good women, remember I’m not saying all women, just good women, will help you stay organized and neat. As I said, a good woman will keep you grounded. If your woman is a disorganized slob I feel sorry for you.

Lol, this right here is why most guys that wait to get married until they are in their late 30's early 40's tend to bat out of their league. Well, this and money.

Every chick I date is blown away by the fact that I'm not interviewing for someone to fill the position my mother left vacated.

Lol, this right here is why most guys that wait to get married until they are in their late 30's early 40's tend to bat out of their league. Well, this and money.

Every chick I date is blown away by the fact that I'm not interviewing for someone to fill the position my mother left vacated.
I’m not saying that they will be your mom. I mean that a good women will help you strive to be the best you. I’m not saying they even cook or clean for you but help you become better.

I’m not saying that they will be your mom. I mean that a good women will help you strive to be the best you. I’m not saying they even cook or clean for you but help you become better.

Some do. I have seen plenty of my friends move into co-dependent unhealthy realtionships, where the girls value is sex, and chores.

These threads trip me out. It doesn't seem very complicated to me. I have seen healthy relationships. I am jealous of people that find that.

This seems to be the exception, not the rule though

Most relationships end up making people miserable.

I know some of the guys that are here that are happily married, have been around long enough to have seen a perfectly healthy marriage go south after 20, 30 years. Where one of the parties wakes up one morning, and decides they want to be a different person.

I mean, I'm not going to pretend I don't want to win the lottery, because that sounds awesome, but most people that play the lottery lose.

Phlog,
Had the same circle of close friends for 12 odd years. I'm always seeing on fbook their kids 1st Birthday party like the next day and I wasn't invited. I understand being a single guy with no kids maybe not being invited.
But there will be single girl friends of the couple and many other couples invited, even if they have not known them as long.
I only hear from them if its one of the lads birthdays and they are having a night out. Any thing else I simply miss out on.
It's like I'm of lower value to them like you said.

Being single is awesome. No one to tie you down. Sure it can get lonely but aside from that i don’t really see any other downsides.

You can bang all the chicks you want. Do what you want and when you want. Go on holidays. More money for yourself.

Seems like some people think you’re a loser if you’re not married or don’t have kids. Why is that? What if you don’t want to tie yourself down in a relationship? I have been in a relationship before and I hated it.
Society looks down on single men that can't get laid

Phlog,
Had the same circle of close friends for 12 odd years. I'm always seeing on fbook their kids 1st Birthday party like the next day and I wasn't invited. I understand being a single guy with no kids maybe not being invited.
But there will be single girl friends of the couple and many other couples invited, even if they have not known them as long.
I only hear from them if its one of the lads birthdays and they are having a night out. Any thing else I simply miss out on.
It's like I'm of lower value to them like you said.

Yeah, your male friend wants you there, his girl is blocking you. Nothing you can do about this.

Mid 20 year old chicks with kids go through this phase where they are going to try and have the picket fence, house, kids, dog, ect., And their is no place in perfect for her husbands single friend.

FYI, I would bet my last dollar that these friends of yours end up divorced. When she realizes that the picket fence doesn't make her happy, your friend is in for a rude awakening.

looked down on ?, <{MindBrown}> I think you should asked a mid 30's/40's childless woman about being looked down on.

Because it's more profitable.

All I know is that my friends who are single and have been single for years are going further and further down the path of becoming incompatible with any woman. They're so caught up in their day to day habits of doing anything they want, that they're picking up weird habits.

The thought of them adjusting their daily habits (a lot of which aren't productive anyway) makes them angry and they feel like they'd be losing their identity. One is borderline MGTOW/INCEL...
<bball1>

It does not look down on single men. It looks down on men who are incapable of getting laid.

Dudes who are single but can pick and choose who they want to fuck every time they go out are not looked down upon. They are sought after.

Back