Why does society look down on single men?

I've never seen society look down on single men. They look down on single women though.

Hahaha... I was single until I was 35. That didn't mean I was celibate, far from it.

More than one time, my buddies who got married in their early to mid-20's told me how lucky I was that I hadn't got sucked in yet. I kind of envied them... kind of.

I think what your'e referring is this latest trend of young men who seem to have no interest in women. I laughed at it myself, until someone in my family became one of them.

It's baffling. It's like he has no interest in girls... or maybe just a little.

Video games, ultimate frisbee and school.... He's in his 3rd year of college and has never had a girlfriend. Seriously, by the time I was his age, I'd already been with probably 8 or 10 girls.

On the weekends, it's not uncommon for his and his friends to get together for LAN parties.... They all bring their laptops and play video games all fucking night.

Look, I enjoy video games. I played them then, I play them now. However, I also made time to go out with friends do other stuff too. And chasing women was also a ton of fun.... For these kids, they don't care.

Now, if the OP is referring to young men like this. Then I understand where's he's coming from. Because they're fucking weird. It's like somewhere along the line, their wiring got fucked up and interest in women never developed.

Totally agree, most marriages end up with people hating each other. Sadly that is the truth. Sometimes it is because people married for the wrong reasons, sometimes people don't know how to keep the relationship fresh so of course you will get sick of someone who you spend your everyday with even if it's that person is interesting. Relationship do require a lot of work but the end product is wonderful. Not saying all of us can get it but at least we can try and even that is better than not trying at all. Just my opinion. I would rather try and fail than never try and wonder my whole life what could've happened if I did give it a shot.

As for seeing only worst in society, you are definitely not alone. Many people have this problem but I always point out to people what is the purpose of this? You just stress yourself without any ability to change things that stress you. Essentially wasting your energy on negative things. As corny as it sounds, we should turn to positive things. We only live once and if you spend your whole life just worrying or talking about bad aspects of life then your life will be empty and pretty much wasted. Go out, have fun, put a smile on your face, do what you like and in that mood you will see also happy people around you who want to be happy like you. Life can be nice, it is up to us to make it like that.

It's hard. If you're crazy or ridiculous you cant just pirus
Hahaha... I was single until I was 35. That didn't mean I was celibate, far from it.

More than one time, my buddies who got married in their early to mid-20's told me how lucky I was that I hadn't got sucked in yet. I kind of envied them... kind of.

I think what your'e referring is this latest trend of young men who seem to have no interest in women. I laughed at it myself, until someone in my family became one of them.

Video games, ultimate frisbee and school.... He's in his 3rd year of college and has never had a girlfriend. Seriously, by the time I was his age, I'd already been with probably 8 or 10 girls.

On the weekends, it's not uncommon for his and his friends to get together for LAN parties.... They all bring their laptops and play video games all fucking night.

Look, I enjoy video games. I played them then, I play them now. However, I also made time to go out with friends do other stuff too. And chasing women was also a ton of fun.... For these kids, they don't care.

Now, if the OP is referring to young men like this. Then I understand where's he's coming from. Because they're fucking weird. It's like somewhere along the line, their wiring got fucked up and interest in women never developed.

Interesting. Has he ever told you abou some kind of dramatic, or what hes perceives to be a dramayic rejection by some girl.

Good for you man. Im not a celibate either. I enjoy banging women. I just don’t want to be in a comitted relationship with one. I don’t see the point in being tied down to one woman. Just dosen’t make sense to me. Even when I’m 40, 50 I’d like to be doing my own thing and have my own money and bang hookers. I like the thought of owning all my own stuff and not sharing it with any woman.

Interesting. Has he ever told you abou some kind of dramatic, or what hes perceives to be a dramayic rejection by some girl.

Well, there was one girl in High School he liked. To be honest though, she was a little out of his league and he got jammed into the Friend Zone.... For three fucking years. They hung out sometimes (with other friends), but never a one on one date. He never chased anyone else and I'm not sure how much he was pining after her. My wife thought there was a chance he might be gay.... I mean, that might explain things, but nope. That's not it either.

When they graduated High School, he finally lost interest in her and as far as I can tell, there's been no one else. We see him regularly, so I guess there's a small chance he's kept it secret...

I mean most of the problem is that he's limited himself by not being in social situations around girls. LAN parties? Yeah, that's not really conducive. In fact, a fucking naked DTF woman could walk into the house and with their faces buried in their laptops and headphones on... they'd have no clue.

sounds like the herbivore men of japan.....the kid might have given up on women and is probably not a go getter

Back