Why does it matter who moves forward?

I'ts dumb to compare Reyes' 2-round back peddling to Silva and Mayweather. Just stop!

Why does it matter who it is? Moving backwards is moving backwards.

It's just another way to fight. Hit and don't get hit is the name of the game. As long as you are doing that, you are fighting well.

Forward, backward, sideways, doesn't matter how you move. All that matters is that you hit and don't get hit.

It doesn’t make sense. Counter fighters would lose all decisions then if that was criteria for winning.

No because if you land an effective counter punch your opponent should back up or fall to the ground. We saw Conor land multiple knockdowns on nate. By contrast we saw Yoel vs Costa... Yoel kept hanging back waiting to unload on costa in the 3rd round and it never happened.

Reyes landed some clean counters, but it never effected jones and he never scored a KD. Jones maybe backed up for 10-20 seconds in the whole fight before getting off the fence and resuming octagon control

It's the last resort to judge the fight and rounds. They only apply it when the first two criteria are even.

No because if you land an effective counter punch your opponent should back up or fall to the ground. We saw Conor land multiple knockdowns on nate. By contrast we saw Yoel vs Costa... Yoel kept hanging back waiting to unload on costa in the 3rd round and it never happened.

Reyes landed some clean counters, but it never effected jones and he never scored a KD. Jones maybe backed up for 10-20 seconds in the whole fight before getting off the fence and resuming octagon control
Lol what? If they have a good chin and they're pressure fighters, they're not going to just get KOd. Jones has a great chin, I'll give him that. Reyes out landed him for 3 rounds with solid shots. You're biased if you deny that.

So counter strikes only count if they are knockdowns or wobble the opponent, but strikes going forward always count?

Jeez where are all these rules coming from?

Also, only 1 of Conor's KDs on Nate was a counter.

It's ok to move back, for a few steps, but not for the whole fucking round like Reyes did.

Not moving against Jones results in: 1) him chopping your legs, and 2) him using your inability to move to do whatever the hell he wants to you.

Reyes utilized great footwork.

Those are sherbros justifying how jones won. Octagon control only matters if strikes and grappling is on par. Khabib won against Tibau due to octagon control and agression.

Those are sherbros justifying how jones won. Octagon control only matters if strikes and grappling is on par. Khabib won against Tibau due to octagon control and agression.

The mental gymnastics in this thread are crazy lmao.

It's hilarious watching people trip over themselves trying to give an explanation. It's almost as if they are lying to and trying to convince themselves.

The mental gymnastics in this thread are crazy lmao.

It's hilarious watching people trip over themselves trying to give an explanation.
I personally think Reyes won. He outlanded jones for first 3 rounds. Jones moving forward doesnt mean shit.

I personally think Reyes won. He outlanded jones for first 3 rounds. Jones moving forward doesnt mean shit.

Same here, I scored the first 3 for Reyes easily. My jaw dropped when Jones got announced the winner.

Not to mention the significant strikes for rounds 1-3 were all in favor of Reyes, so there really is absolutely no question he won.

Same here, I scored the first 3 for Reyes easily. My jaw dropped when Jones got announced the winner.

Not to mention the significant strikes for rounds 1-3 were all in favor of Reyes, so there really is absolutely no question he won.
I really thought Jones would rush in for the finish but he was just coasting to decision. Reyes lost a very important fight and a fight he shouldnt have lost

Jones landed 7 more in round 4 then 5 more in round 5.

As far as not being in control if the other is going forward, that's just not true. Some fighters prefer to be on the backfoot counterstriking instead of going forward. Some even intentionally bait you into going after them so they can counter.

ппепеупепеуипуе

Back