why do you lift?

I want to maintain my physicality throughout my later years!

Initially I started lifting to thicken up my thighs to make my penis seem less intimidating to the opposite sex, but I got hooked.

Now I just lift for strength and to get a bit bigger.

I was the chubby kid as opposed to the skinny kid growing up. By the time I was 21, I was 6'3" 230lbs with a 37.5" waist. My diet was shit and I could barely bench 135lbs!! Three years later I am 6'4" (haha, dont stop growing till your 25) 202lbs, 33" waist. So, I lift in order to not be a flabby bitch like I used to be. Not so much to impress others, but to constantly better myself. I am on a never ending personal mission to lift bigger, get bigger and look better. The benefits I continue to receive from lifting affect my martial arts training, over all health and generally foster a positive state of mind. I can say that I truly have become addicted to lifting, but it is one addiction I hope I never lose.

I Don't want women to be stronger than me anymore... hehehe.

I lift because I like to feel strong and alive. I like the feeling of being athletic, powerful, fast. I like to know that while everyone else is wasting away in front of the TV eating shitty foods and drinking soda for entertainment, I am building my mind by bettering my body. I like pushing myself to the limits instead of dragging my ass through life. I like having the discipline to keep a workout routine, no matter how my day goes. I like the way it feels to have a powerful body and a strong mind.

Sean S said:
Fixed your list.

I do know a couple of guys who lift only for chicks. What :eek::eek::eek:s. That is like buying a Hummer and only using it for the radio.

"Nah man...I don't want to do deadlifts...I'm going to go do some curls"

"Nah man...today is my bicep day, I'm going to do hammer curls, then preacher curls, then..."

"Nah man...I need to hurry up and finish my curls because I am going to taco bell afterwards because I know more about lifting then you"

to be more powerful and weakness is put there to be eliminated, not glorified

no way, you guys stole these reasons from somewhere.

All ya'll lift weights just to piss me off near as I can tell.

I started lifting/ working out in 7th grade because i was really small at 5'6 and weighed nothing , and i wasnt that good at sports. So i was like fuck it ill become big and strong. I didnt become all that big but i did get much stronger than my peers, and then when people realized it it was like, "hey im good at something for once" so it was my drive to be THE strong kid... then i started seriously lifting weights last year to make my fighting that much better , and i started fighting for pretty much the same reasons. Now i love both to death.

I try to help people i know through lifting properly and I have changed several lives already with the knowledge and experience ive gained from this site.

i lift becuase i want to be strong for the sports i play, wrestling, i am the strongest in the whole school, and i am only 15.
my age is 15
weight is 183
height is 6'1

Dude, you don't actually do any of the same lifts other people do so how do you know if you're stronger?

CarnalSalvation said:
Dude, you don't actually do any of the same lifts other people do so how do you know if you're stronger?

List these exercises that I don't do.

I've never seen you do a lift that remotely resembled a contested lift so I know for sure you dont:
Bench
Squat
Deadlift
Clean and Jerk
Snatch

you're pretty fucking light for a strongman aren't you?

Back