Why do UFC fan boys always say a Boxer will get his ass whipped in a real fight?

I don't know why I'm commenting on this thread, as it's a huge cluster...but...

Let's assume we have a street fight. There are no broken bottles. The floor isn't made of lava. We just have two people fighting.

I would favor a professional boxer over an average joe.

I would favor someone with two years of wrestling experience over someone with two years of boxing experience.

I would favor the better conditioned person if both are untrained/marginally trained. For example, I'd favor a world class athlete like Lebron James over CM Punk, though Punk is a "professional fighter".

The fact of the matter is that someone who has been training any martial art for any significant amount of time that isn't absolute bullshido will out do the untrained person minus the chance of a lucky punch. Whether that art is boxing or tae kwon do or BJJ or wrestling.

Are you actually this gullible? Do I really have to explain to you that my post claiming to beat up professional boxers in street fights isn't true? Settle down little guy. Leave it to someone with "pro fighter" in their bio to be this insecure. Boxing is for pussies, just look how soft your egos are.

Oh, man. You're so right, dude. We're so "soft" & such "pussies". We only put our lives on the line & fight for a living. I'm sure that whatever it is that a rugged he-man like you does for a living is so much more manly & dangerous. Why don't you fill us in on what your occupation is so we can ascertain whether people would pay good money to watch you do it? I'm sure that whatever it is it makes you a real badass in comparison to us mere professional fighters. <45>

im a boxing fanatic, but if you have to ask this question youre a complete moron.
all the boxing in the world cant stop a double leg take down.

Muhammad Ali vs. Antonio Inoki. take a gander at that.
Ali is top 3 all time

im a boxing fanatic, but if you have to ask this question youre a complete moron.
all the boxing in the world cant stop a double leg take down.

Muhammad Ali vs. Antonio Inoki. take a gander at that.
Ali is top 3 all time

i could beat Conor and even Mike Tyson under those same circumstances.

I think Tyson Fury would beat me, cuz his arms are longer than my legs.

I don't know why I'm commenting on this thread, as it's a huge cluster...but...

Let's assume we have a street fight. There are no broken bottles. The floor isn't made of lava. We just have two people fighting.

I would favor a professional boxer over an average joe.

I would favor someone with two years of wrestling experience over someone with two years of boxing experience.

I would favor the better conditioned person if both are untrained/marginally trained. For example, I'd favor a world class athlete like Lebron James over CM Punk, though Punk is a "professional fighter".

The fact of the matter is that someone who has been training any martial art for any significant amount of time that isn't absolute bullshido will out do the untrained person minus the chance of a lucky punch. Whether that art is boxing or tae kwon do or BJJ or wrestling.
I think you're vastly underestimating the importance of a size advantage. An untrained Tank Abbott destroys any 125 lb manlet no matter how trained in a street fight. No woman on the planet could take out an NBA player.

Who cares, unless you are a FANBOY who is offended.
giphy.gif

Knowing a style of fighting is always better than knowing nothing.

So, a boxer should always defeat a drunk guy on the street.

In a regular street fight if a boxer is against a wrestler, and doesn't know how to defend a takedown, he'll get slammed and GNP'd.

I think you're vastly underestimating the importance of a size advantage. An untrained Tank Abbott destroys any 125 lb manlet no matter how trained in a street fight. No woman on the planet could take out an NBA player.

The fact that you even use the term "manlet" should let me know this is a troll...but I'll ask you this...do you really think that Demetrious Johnson couldn't beat up a sloppy 255 pound dude with no formal training? I'm not saying Tank, because Tank did train...Abbott was a junior college all-american wrestler, he also trained boxing with Noe Cruz. As much as we like to look at Tank as just a big, drunken brawler, that just isn't the reality. I also disagree that no woman on the planet could take out an NBA player...I'd take Amanda Nunes vs. Muggsy Bogues any day of the week.

Because 80% of UFC fan boys on here have never actually been in a fight, let alone trained any kind of combat sport.

Most are casuals and bums

Who have never trained

A boxer would beat 99% of average men on the street with his head movement and timing alone.
Against trained fighters of other styles it is pretty limited though, since their only offensive weapons are fists. Also hands are pretty brittle and can break easily if you hit the hard part of the skull with force and it's a closed fist and not a knife hand or palm strike.

Usually the ground is gravel and has all types of shit on it so people aren't all that eager to go to the ground. The fight usually stays standing until someone gets dropped.

If its a sport its not a real fight, boxers might actually win most street fights, as they start in close range and the first one landing usually wins, ill go with the boxer.

Oh, man. You're so right, dude. We're so "soft" & such "pussies". We only put our lives on the line & fight for a living. I'm sure that whatever it is that a rugged he-man like you does for a living is so much more manly & dangerous. Why don't you fill us in on what your occupation is so we can ascertain whether people would pay good money to watch you do it? I'm sure that whatever it is it makes you a real badass in comparison to us mere professional fighters. <45>
I literally made a joke about dominating professional boxers in street fights. You just made yourself look like a retard. You just continue to show that boxing fans are insecure little girls that take everything as a personal insult. You look like a fucking idiot.

Guy who trains boxing twice a week for a couple of years > guy with no fighting experience whatsoever.

Most people on the street will just throw wild looping punches. Anyone with a decent 1-2 and basic footwork is already way above most other people.

haha very true, those organized street fights last longer because its all organized with cameras. but real street fights in bars and clubs and on the street are 15 seconds, 20 seconds max, they never last long.
Which why boxing is so valuable

Go watch some fights on liveleak or worldstar. Most end up in the clinch or on the ground.
I would know because I love watching fools go at it.

Most end up on the ground because neither person knows what the fuck they are doing and its just windmill punches and sloppy dry humping..

Someone with even just basic boxing is going to ruin some random dude in a fight (as would any basic wrestler, judoka etc etc FWIW)

Back