Why do so many wrestlers have huge chins?

Would have been the GOAT wrestler if he wanted to be..

tenor.gif
Especially with that type of movement.

It is not only wrestlers. I have posted about this earlier but there certainly is something about the prevalence of a "typical" Murrcan look: huge chins and jaws and generally big heads, short stocky legs with big asses and a huge torso and forearms.

Think Matt Hugues and Ben Askren. These guys could not be anything else than Murrcan even if their lineage is obviously Northern Euro.

I really think it has to do with the prevalence of growth hormones in meat and milk (of which Murrcans consume a shitload since they are toddlers), which in turn influences growth patterns in body proportion.

All jokes aside, have you guys noticed that there are not so many white murrcan UFC fighters with the physique of GSP or Conor, i.e. long limbs and short torso?

Anyways, maybe I am talking out of my ass, but I really feel like we might be on to something.

I've noticed the same thing. As a Canadian we don't have many people that look like that and I can often tell an American athlete by looking at them. I attributed it to a higher level of Americans being from continental Europe: Germany, Dutch, Poland etc.

I think our milk has the same hormones.

Probably because in training as wrestlers, they don't take too many strikes to the head. Once it starts to get cracked a lot in the UFC, that all changes.

Back