Why do so many people dislike Cody Garbrandt?

There is a personality/marketing facet to this sport with fighters - if you don't want to believe that, you're kidding yourself.

I'm speaking more of on the fact that mma fans tend to go out of their way to break down reasons to dislike certain fighters.

Last edited:
He's the only fighter dumb enough to say he never had to chase pussy, on a Fox telecast.

He's the only fighter dumb enough to say he never had to chase pussy, on a Fox telecast.

lmao

but how many threads popped up on Sherdog about that saying "that's so badass bro!"

Sherbros - gotta love em.

I don't understand the hate for Lil' Platinum either, but this is Sherdog. Is Normal.

because he banged PVZ

23996423.jpg

I don't understand the hate for Lil' Platinum either, but this is Sherdog. Is Normal.

I'm glad you brought that up because I've scrambled my brain and can't think of a single reason anyone would possibly dislike Platinum or his fanbase

I'm glad you brought that up because I've scrambled my brain and can't think of a single reason anyone would possibly dislike Platinum or his fanbase

Now I know this is a troll lol

So far the main reasons given are neck tattoos and a perception that he's a douchebag (mainly because of said neck tattoos)

"Hardcore" fight fans
<36><36><36><36>

Me either! It makes zero sense. They are going to have to get used to it once Lil' Platinum hoists that belt up.

He's an entertaining fighter. Just doesn't seem like someone I'd enjoy being around personally. Always enjoy his fights though.

Plus I can't help but laugh a little at anyone who looks like they popped out of the ufc2 create a fighter.

I genuinely don't understand why this guy has so much vitriol directed at him on here

"He has a neck tattoo" might be funny but it's not an actual valid reason. As far as I know all he did was push McGregor once on TUF, and has been tamely trash talking Cruz (who gives as good as he gets) in the lead-up to a fight so who really gives a fuck?

I don't think I'm missing anything major either, yet in every thread people criminally underrate his skill-set or just insult him in general

pls explain

"He has a neck tattoo" is absolutely a valid reason.
Have you ever met anyone with a neck tattoo in real life?
There are no cool people with neck tattoos.

I really don't know. Seems like a serious dude with confidence in himself. Speaks well, too. And is exciting and skilled. Should be the whole package.

If I had to point at one thing it's lack of respect for the champ, and folks here are generally big on pre-fight respect.

Respect is a 2-way street.

I genuinely don't understand why this guy has so much vitriol directed at him on here

"He has a neck tattoo" might be funny but it's not an actual valid reason. As far as I know all he did was push McGregor once on TUF, and has been tamely trash talking Cruz (who gives as good as he gets) in the lead-up to a fight so who really gives a fuck?

I don't think I'm missing anything major either, yet in every thread people criminally underrate his skill-set or just insult him in general

pls explain
He acts hard as fuck but he's 135 lbs. Shut up about backstage incidents nothing was ever gonna come from it. Cruz was probably not scared just would rather be paid to fight Cody rather than possibly fined or whatever. (I realize he can kick my ass btw)

pls explain

some people who fight are just dicks. thats what makes them good fighters

He looks a mild-douchey type to me, no hate here, no love either

His tattoos are wack but then again most people's tattoos are, other than that he is pretty exciting as a fighter.

He said i never had to chase pussy in my life without context to the situation, he's a cocky dickhead

Did anyone watch his showdown with cruz sat? All you need to know. And he has a pistol tat on his back.
what horrible things did he say? that must have been some nasty shit, when I see all these retarded posts...

When someone seems douche-baggy it just means that he seems like he has a shallow, uninteresting, self-centered world view.

By this definition, there are A LOT of douche bags out there.

No one except those who know Garbrant personally can say whether this is accurate of him or not, but it it seems to be the kind of the vibe he puts off.

Back