Why do so many people dislike Cody Garbrandt?

Cookie cutter privileged individual who acts hard with the name Cody , talks crap and starts fights (even to a respectful guy like Mizugaki) , and talks in "bro".

I don't hate him at all, just will be rooting for Cruz because I'm a huge fan of him.
He does seem mildly dumb, his interview last saturday kinda proved that.

what horrible things did he say? that must have been some nasty shit, when I see all these retarded posts...

He came across as a complete idiotic meathead on the interview. Swearing non stop, claiming Cruz was scared of him during a backstage interaction and challenged him again, claiming Cruz has beat nobody. That's was the real kicker. Cruz with victories over prime Joe B, DJ, Fabre, Dillashaw, has beaten no one. While Cody has beaten legends like Brimage, a shopworn Mizagaki, and unproven Almedia. Plus his whole persona screams corny and try hard. The tough guy attitude. The awful nonsensical tats

He's just kind of an idiot, but that's no reason to hate a fighter. When Cruz told him he was gonna bust all over his face and Cody responded by saying he would eat it all, I was pretty much done with this fight. He also hasn't beaten anyone of note to justify a TS and talked his way into it, only succeeding because of his team's history with Cruz. I have no problem with that. He tried to get paid and succeeded, good for him. Just not sure he's ready.

I'm actually rooting for Cody to shake things up at BW, but don't think it'll happen.

He fucked PVZ!?

Now she's off my list of favorite women fighters.

There goes the theory of "douche recognize douche"...

Like I broke down a few weeks ago. Cody looks like the high school kid that bullied them and fucked the hottest cheerleader. They have flash backs to getting wedgies in the bathroom every time they see him

Nobody learns how to fight that well that early, if they're the ones doing the bullying and fucking the cheerleaders.

Do u even life bro?

He just tastes funny to me, maybe its not his fault, it is what it is though

The neck tattoo and PVZ were what I realized the only things I had against him. That exchange with Cruz last Saturday was entertaining and if he beats Cruz, gotta give him respect.

Bad attitude, fugly tattoos and hairdo.

Becuz he talk trash about others just to earn the title shot, much like Conor who behave like a prostitute.

Angry 24/7. Overall "douchebag" vibes - guess this is what our american brethen call a "bro"?

Not a fan, but his fights are great, and I'll keep watching him.

Sometimes people dislike other people. Don't know why some people get offended by that. "Wah wah, they are jelly because he fcuked that girl". Nah, they just dislike someone based on their behaviour.

Also, Cody seems to act all intimidating all the time, and that obviously doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

I'm not a Cody fan but I'd like to see him knock Cruz into next week. Then I'd be a fan for life.

It's not just a neck tat. That's a neck billboard for horrendous tattooing. Combine that with a salty Napoleon persona and it makes Cody very hard to like for the casual observer. Similar to Conor but sans the wit, humor and constant revelation of his act to sweeten the salt.

All that said I like Garbrandt. Dude bros are okay by me. I also see him KO'ing my man Dom in ten days, so get ready to see a lot more of his neck board.

He's a top fighter who's girl is ("was" in this case) another top fighter that lots of people find attractive. That's usually a good Ingredient for drawing lots of hate.

See: Travis Brown, Bryan Carraway, Cody Garbrandt

Notes: Touchy Fill would be on this list too, but he only had a fling with Paige, so that ultimately wasn't long enough for him to draw hate.

People where calling Brendan Schaub "BJJ Phenom/Abu Schaubi", but as soon as pictures surficed of him and Ronda together on a boat, that moniker got dropped liked it was on fire and he started getting hate.

If you google tatoo'd loser you eventually come across cm punk,and also dudes who look like cody lol

Reminds them of the dude that used to clown on them, beat their ass and fuck the girl they like in high school.

If Vanilla Ice and Conor McGregor had a baby it would be Cody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back