Why do professional MMA fighters post on Reddit and not here?

mma fighters know they would get out alpha'd by us sherdoggers. is normal

Better mods. Yup.

Sherdog is one of the oldest and largest active forum and it has massive resources so every fighters know what Sherdog is but why won’t they post in here?
"lol you beta cuck dweeb nerd beta cuck snowflake. your are a cuck,your team is cucks. oh? TRIGGERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I cant imagine why.

This forum treats fighters like shit. The legends of the sport (Fedor, Silva, BJ, etc) have countless threads about why they are overrated, and why their opponents sucked. People point to one loss and act like that discredits their whole careers. Hell GSP gets critiqued for his wins lol.

And those are just the top guys. Imagine if you are just a middling fighter, who has a tough time breaking into the top 10. Is this forum going to applaud your effort, and respect the work you put in to break into the UFC? Hell no. This forum is just a shit show about how bad you are, and if you beat anyone they must suck.

Oh by the way, don’t ever try to stick up for somebody. You are then a labeled a “fanboy”, and out come the LOLs from whoever you are talking with. “Oh you think Anderson Silva is a all time great?” LOL FANBOY.

And heaven forbid you didn’t fight one guy in your career. “Bisbing is a joke, ducked Romero”. As if Bisbing wasn’t ready and willing to fight every guy in his division for the last decade
His choice of title defenses say otherwise

Are you high sir? The top comments on Reddit are usually some joke that has been beaten to death, resurrected and beaten to death again. Most of the "intelligent" comments are some guy talking out of his ass, while being completely wrong. Your average redditor thinks that writing in paragraphs means that they are an expert so they upvote. Usually if you have a decent amount of knowledge about a subject you realize how wrong these clowns are. It's basically the Gellman Amnesia effect.
But those jokes are only dull and beaten to death if you haven't heard them before ;) So they're funny the first time you hear them

Sometimes the top posts are wrong but on some forums they are surprisingly good. I've seen reports and data being posted which on most forums goes by unquestioned but on reddit someone has actually read past the abstract and posts a valid criticism.

After reading Ben Askren’s AMA thread on r/MMA, it got me wondering why many professional fighters love to post on Reddit and are not shy to reveal their identity.

Sherdog is one of the oldest and largest active forum and it has massive resources so every fighters know what Sherdog is but why won’t they post in here?
This is the taint of the internet. Just the worst people. Hell, the Boston marathon bomber was a sherdogger.

After reading Ben Askren’s AMA thread on r/MMA, it got me wondering why many professional fighters love to post on Reddit and are not shy to reveal their identity.

Wow didint know they post on reddit... always thought reddit is more for kids with issues. Not too mention, we are here adult and grow up community, that would never turnish someone name or ridicule his belives, so no idea why they dont post here...

They used to WAY back in the day. I remember them being around but we had a bunch of idiots posting, like we still do, and the fighters left. I just block the worthless morons so sherdog becomes a much better experience.

There used to be fighters that posted here years ago until fans here were too toxic so they decided to leave can’t blame them.

Sherdoggers do not buy PPVs or Reebok. So posting here does not bring them the type of popularity that would make them money.

Is this even a real question? People on this forum take every opportunity they can to talk about how fighters are cans and washed up and overrated and such. Why would they ever want to come here with a bunch of "experts" who think they know more about the fight game than the actual fighters?

Is this even a real question? People on this forum take every opportunity they can to talk about how fighters are cans and washed up and overrated and such. Why would they ever want to come here with a bunch of "experts" who think they know more about the fight game than the actual fighters?
Did you see how many actual fighters picked Askren to beat Paul?

Back