Why do professional MMA fighters post on Reddit and not here?

After reading Ben Askren’s AMA thread on r/MMA, it got me wondering why many professional fighters love to post on Reddit and are not shy to reveal their identity.

Sherdog is one of the oldest and largest active forum and it has massive resources so every fighters know what Sherdog is but why won’t they post in here?

Because sherdog doesn't have an easy access app? I don't know because I have a Windows phone and there isn't any apps for my phone anymore.

Some of them used to come here but as you can imagine, the usual suspects sent them packing because they just trolled them

A few years back we started to get some Q&A's, I remember one with Reyes, but I think the guy who organised those got banned so yeah we're shit out of luck

After reading Ben Askren’s AMA thread on r/MMA, it got me wondering why many professional fighters love to post on Reddit and are not shy to reveal their identity.

Sherdog is one of the oldest and largest active forum and it has massive resources so every fighters know what Sherdog is but why won’t they post in here?

Some of them DO have accounts on here, just not Official ones. They lurk and read what people say about them anonymously and sometimes they get so triggered that they respond.

For example:

Datsik = Paynebringer

Okami = pankrat

Dillon Danis = empsim

Roger Huerta = Raymundo Alvarado Guevara

Sakuraba = This guy

Conor = CTEgod

Sherdog is the wild, wild west of MMA forums.

Back in the day this place used to be extremely strict with fighter bashing. I mean like you needed to write a thesis on why a fighter sucked otherwise it's off to the shadow realm. So fighters did naturally come here but let me tell you this place was soo freaking boring

Sherdog is the wild, wild west of MMA forums.

Back in the day this place used to be extremely strict with fighter bashing. I mean like you needed to write a thesis on why a fighter sucked otherwise it's off to the shadow realm. So fighters did naturally come here but let me tell you this place was soo freaking boring
I wouldn't mind at least a bit stricter rules regarding fighter bashing though.

Because reddit is a massively popular platform and sherdog is a small cesspool in place of what was once a bigger cesspool.

Because Reddit is a way bigger platform. Also, sherdog is notoriously toxic, one only needs to spend about 5 minutes here to see that.

In general most MMA fighters are tiny, I think they feel a bit intimidated by the size of sherdoggers, with the average sherdogger ranging from anything between 6'5'' and 8'4'' (I'm personally 8'2'' and 575 Ibs with 0% body fat), just a good ole fashioned super jacked sherdogger, the norm...

In general most MMA fighters are tiny, I think they feel a bit intimidated by the size of sherdoggers, with the average sherdogger ranging from anything between 6'5'' and 8'4'' (I'm personally 8'2'' and 575 Ibs with 0% body fat), just a good ole fashioned super jacked sherdogger, the norm...
Mid sized sherdogger

Bigger audience and a lower ratio of poster to assholes.
Agreed. Also less threads about GOATs, hair lines, height, Joe Rogan’s height, Conor, how Conor looks in his recent IG post, Khabib, how successful a basketball/football player would be with 6 months of training, fighter pay, Dana’s pay, etc.

Some of them DO have accounts on here, just not Official ones. They lurk and read what people say about them anonymously and sometimes they get so triggered that they respond.

For example:

Datsik = Paynebringer

Okami = pankrat

Dillon Danis = empsim

Roger Huerta = Raymundo Alvarado Guevara

Sakuraba = This guy

Conor = CTEgod

Who am I?

I mean... just look at the state of things around here...

xHAvORG.gif

This forum treats fighters like shit. The legends of the sport (Fedor, Silva, BJ, etc) have countless threads about why they are overrated, and why their opponents sucked. People point to one loss and act like that discredits their whole careers. Hell GSP gets critiqued for his wins lol.

And those are just the top guys. Imagine if you are just a middling fighter, who has a tough time breaking into the top 10. Is this forum going to applaud your effort, and respect the work you put in to break into the UFC? Hell no. This forum is just a shit show about how bad you are, and if you beat anyone they must suck.

Oh by the way, don’t ever try to stick up for somebody. You are then a labeled a “fanboy”, and out come the LOLs from whoever you are talking with. “Oh you think Anderson Silva is a all time great?” LOL FANBOY.

And heaven forbid you didn’t fight one guy in your career. “Bisbing is a joke, ducked Romero”. As if Bisbing wasn’t ready and willing to fight every guy in his division for the last decade

Maybe if they clean their diets up and get in shape we would let them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back