Why do people think Justin would beat Conor

I don’t see it going much differently to any other Conor fight. Justin is very hittable. I think Conor wrecks him.

Don't worry, as soon as that fight would come to fruition Justin would become a complete can on here.

To say that he got "outstruck" is a laughable, and frankly dishonest claim. He gassed. Before he gassed he was destroying Nate on the feet. It wasn't even close. He landed by far the hardest strikes, in both fights, bust Nate open, dropped him multiple times in the second fight.

If Nate had a normal chin he would have been KOed, those shots land on anyone else at LW and they're unconscious. It's only because Diaz has a freak chin in combination with triathlete cardio that he won the first fight and made the second fight close.

lol, maybe you should read what I wrote before going off on a tangent... Last I checked, Nate is NOT a wrestler so obviously I was referring to someone else.

You even quoted that part of my comment and still missed it.

Buddy....

It really comes down to them being mindbogglingly fucking stupid.

Because they want Conor to lose.

I think he McGregor is a terrible matchup for Justin.

If that is the case then why wouldn’t Conor just fight him? It would have been a far more relevant win than the one over Cowboy.

Best believe the UFC had the final decision. Cowboy I believe was an easier sell than Gaethje for the casuals. And no, he is not scared.

Gaethje is actually a very winnable fight for McGregor.
Actually a very winnable fight? Gaethje is absolutely tailor made for McGregor to run through. McGregor couldn't dream of a better stylistic matchup. Of all the excellent fighters in lightweight and welterweight, I can't believe that Gaethje is the one being suggested as presenting a challenge to McGregor. It's just bizarre.

Actually a very winnable fight? Gaethje is absolutely tailor made for McGregor to run through. McGregor couldn't dream of a better stylistic matchup. Of all the excellent fighters in lightweight and welterweight, I can't believe that Gaethje is the one being suggested as presenting a challenge to McGregor. It's just bizarre.

He is tailor-made for him, to an extent. I could also imagine Gaethje fighting a little more conservative early, getting to the later rounds, and then getting some good work done. Overall though, it's a pretty favourable style matchup for McGregor (just as Cerrone was).

Maybe its because he got outstruck by a wrestler with barely serviceable standup.

Or maybe because he's only had 2 fights at LW and other than starching Alvarez there is no indication that the power advantage he had at 145 translates well to 155?

Or perhaps its because Justin has changed his fighting style significantly as a result of his 2 UFC losses? He is fighting far more defensively than before. He used to wade into fights and count on his chin and recovery time to save him. Justin has serious leg kicks, something that Conor hasn't had to deal with.

Or maybe its because Conor has only had 5 fights in 4 years (getting smashed by Mayweather excluded) and has gone 2-3 in that time period.

Justin has the tools to beat Conor, he just needed to adjust his gameplan, something he has done.

Smashing Cerrone provides Conor zero credibility, who knows if he still has what it takes.
this is the best response to this argument I've ever heard

That fight could go either way and would be an amazing fight. That's why that fight should have been booked instead of Conor fighting the hand picked punching bag Donald Cerrone.

Gaethje doesn't have the defensive to deal with Conor and he doesn't use his wrestling enough, nor trained it much recently it seems.

Best believe the UFC had the final decision. Cowboy I believe was an easier sell than Gaethje for the casuals. And no, he is not scared.
Please tell me you don't actually believe they set up the fight with cowboy because it was a better sell to casuals. Gaethje would have been sold so much better. Their would have been crap talk and drama along with hype of an actual fight that could go either way and mean something.

He has been active while Conor was only active on Twitter and Instagram, then returned to get beat by Khabib, its easy to think Justin could beat him, but in all fairness, Justin is tailor made for Conor to KO him unless he gasses and then Justin just wins on pure zombie mode, but i would favor Conor to beat him, specially after how quick and easy he dispatched Cowboy.

But how does beating Cowboy, who has been known to wilt when the bright lights are on him, and has been stopped by strikes 5 times in 3 years compare to Gaetjhe who is hittable, but only stopped by guys after standing in the pocket and trading with them?

But how does beating Cowboy, who has been known to wilt when the bright lights are on him, and has been stopped by strikes 5 times in 3 years compare to Gaetjhe who is hittable, but only stopped by guys after standing in the pocket and trading with them?
It has nothing to do with Cowboy, Conor is a good striker and Justin gets hit a lot, so it could happen, he is supposed to be a wrestler but he never uses it.

Conor is a threat to almost anybody, even Khabib. However... give him a fighter who simply knows how to exploit his weaknesses and isn’t a midget and the odds of beating McGregor shoot up, particularly after the 2nd round.

Justin is a beast, but he's so damn hittable and Conor is very accurate. I think Conor's a decent sized favorite. There's always that doubt he'll get dragged into deep waters though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back