1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Why do people think Justin would beat Conor

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Optimus15, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Optimus15 Orange Belt

I don’t see it going much differently to any other Conor fight. Justin is very hittable. I think Conor wrecks him.

2. linch Brown Belt

People tend to forget how good conor is, or live in denial.
    Conor can beat anyone not named khabib at lw.

3. Dirge Gold Belt

Maybe its because he got outstruck by a wrestler with barely serviceable standup.

Or maybe because he's only had 2 fights at LW and other than starching Alvarez there is no indication that the power advantage he had at 145 translates well to 155?

Or perhaps its because Justin has changed his fighting style significantly as a result of his 2 UFC losses? He is fighting far more defensively than before. He used to wade into fights and count on his chin and recovery time to save him. Justin has serious leg kicks, something that Conor hasn't had to deal with.

Or maybe its because Conor has only had 5 fights in 4 years (getting smashed by Mayweather excluded) and has gone 2-3 in that time period.

Justin has the tools to beat Conor, he just needed to adjust his gameplan, something he has done.

Smashing Cerrone provides Conor zero credibility, who knows if he still has what it takes.

4. KeiranMc Brown Belt

What?

5. Iron Skin Banned Banned

Maybe he won't, but he is a contender with a 3 rd 1 KO streak against ranked opponents. Conor needs to fight him if he wants a titleshot.

6. Arcticman Purple Belt

How many Conor thread's are you going to make this week ?

[​IMG]

7. Nightgunner05 Brown Belt

Anyone with Justin’s kind of power has a chance of winning any fight. With that said, I still see Conor beating him early.

8. NicholasJBasile Hoping to fight some day...

I tend to agree -- Gaethje certainly can win, but I feel that it's a tall order due to the stylistic match up. He gets hit a lot and Conor is very accurate/powerful. I do believe that Gaethje's leg kicks could pose a problem, but more likely I see him getting hit hard while landing leg kicks. I feel he has a much better chance than Cerrone though -- I can see Gaethje having some success if the fight gets dirty in the clinch. I'd love to see the fight regardless of who wins and what the odds are.

9. MEAN357 Pernell Whitaker belt

Bad gas tank, wilts under pressure, gaethje has a good chin and wrestling in his back pocket.

Theoretically depending on how much conor has left ar this point he should be able to pick him apart from the outside like Alvarez did but if he gasses he's fucking ded

High risk low reward fight for Conor, he's got bigger fish to fry whether we like it or not lol

10. Eat crow Banned Banned

Leg kicks, cardio, pressure, and power

Justin will sleep that chicken jaw rat.

11. SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

Cool, then book it. #1 contender fight.

Me? I'm curious about JG. He got beat by two brawlers, and says it forced him to make adjustments. He makes compelling arguments / statements, and I want to see how real it is. Problem is, he's only been in the cage like 6 minutes since (3 KO wins), so there's not enough data for me to confirm or deny that he's full of hot air or not.

The little data there is either shows he made adjustments to people who tend to believe him, or prove he's exactly the same fighter to those who don't believe him.

So I would absolutely love to find out via a Conor fight. Either he's full of hot air and gets wrecked.....or he destroys McGregor in a barn burner. A barn burner that every MMA fan would love to see.

But you and I both know it won't get booked. You and I both know the risks are too high. That alone should tell you all you need to know.

12. AndrewGolota48 Silver Belt

I am a Gaethje fan as well but I also don't get it, Gaethje would kickbox with him and even then he mostly boxes aside from his fantastic leg kicks. He's also a relatively small LW so Conor wouldn't even be at a size disadvantage. He might be the best matchup for Conor in the entire division.

13. Headkicktoleg Banned Banned

lol u salty. Can my dog lick you.

14. Headkicktoleg Banned Banned

did you forget your other login @Hitto?

15. Dbreiden83080 Andle My Riddum

I think he beats Justin badly.. Conor is too accurate and powerful.. Justin will try to kick Conor's legs and box..

16. Wormwood Brown Belt

Who cares if Justin would lose... or if Conor would lose for that matter? I want to watch it because both are extremely fun fighters to watch, and to see them both go at it would be entertaining to say the least.

17. lizardpeople Banned Banned

Conor's not fighting Justin.

If he won't take Jorge for 5x more money he ain't fighting some unknown like Justin who could finish him even though he's not quite as good as Jorge.

I have a feeling we won't see Conor again for another year or two if ever.

He just lined up the Cerrone blowout to push his proper 12/ August Mcgregor and Instagram following that were all falling off after Khabib.

We've been duped again.

18. dragovic Brown Belt

Conor is too accurate for Gaethje. Too much distance, too much range.

19. Concession Accepted Silver Belt Platinum Member

If that is the case then why wouldn’t Conor just fight him? It would have been a far more relevant win than the one over Cowboy.

20. El Fernas Gold Belt

He has been active while Conor was only active on Twitter and Instagram, then returned to get beat by Khabib, its easy to think Justin could beat him, but in all fairness, Justin is tailor made for Conor to KO him unless he gasses and then Justin just wins on pure zombie mode, but i would favor Conor to beat him, specially after how quick and easy he dispatched Cowboy.