Why do people think Justin would beat Conor

Please tell me you don't actually believe they set up the fight with cowboy because it was a better sell to casuals. Gaethje would have been sold so much better. Their would have been crap talk and drama along with hype of an actual fight that could go either way and mean something.

”So much better”. I don’t think so. They easily made Cowboy come off as a much more dangerous by stating all of his records etc.
Of course they saw a less risk with Cowboy too. But none of this means that Conor ducked Gaethje.

Maybe its because he got outstruck by a wrestler with barely serviceable standup.

The threat of a takedown, changes things dramatically...

I don’t underestimate Gaethje’s chances. He is a killer, who I think could beat anyone @ LW, on any given night.

I never understood the Justin favoring over Conor considering he was stopped by lesser strikers like Dustin and Eddie and almost stopped by Michael Johnson. Probably because he toolbagged barbosa, who folds when pressured. Conor tko within 2 min.

Also keep in mind this is not the same Conor. He's stronger, more serious, with more tools. Kinda like masvidal when he figured it out

He's more athletic and has more KO power than any of Conor's previous opponents. And he's got some wrestling cred. So he's got a shot. But he's kind of static and predictable, so it's possible that he's still a good match up for Conor. I think it's the fight to make, everyone should want to see it.

People tend to forget how good conor is, or live in denial.
Conor can beat anyone not named khabib at lw.
You really don't know that though. Guys like Gathje and Tony bring the pressure with their striking and they're both very tough. Then you get Kevin Lee who's a pretty great wrestler. He keeps bypassig these guys for titleshots, if he's so great then he should be made to earn his next titleshot. A win over cowboy isn't that imo

Because Justin's been annihalating people in the past year and isn't the same fighter he used to be. The only way I see it happening though is if one of them ends up as the LW champ, and that's a pretty big if.

You'd have to be an idiot to not lean towards Conor winning. But the fight needs to happen to give Conor some type of credibility at a title shot.

His last win before this was Eddie Alvarez 3 years ago. And now he just beat #6 LW at 170.

I think its a winnable fight for both. I have a hard time seeing Conor get outstruck if he's not tired. With Justin's old style of wrecklessly brawling, I would say Conor takes it easily, but Justin 2.0 looks to be a lot better and smarter.

Conor could definitely finish Gaethje, especially now that he's shown some new tools, but I think Gaethje can win with a smart gameplan, either mixing grappling with striking or landing some hard leg kicks early to slow Conor down.

It's not a guaranteed fight either way. Justin could lose the fight for sure.

The biggest reason is because he was a better matchup than Cowboy.

If Conor was going to have a comeback fight, at least have it against a legit, highly ranked opponent who is going to put up a fight instead of someone who landed zero strikes during the fight.

Cowboy didn't want to destroy Conor, he wasn't hungry at all, and you could feel it the entire time leading up to the fight. He was just happy to be there, and wasn't sad at all to lose. He was chosen to make Conor look good and got paid enough that losing didn't matter to him.

Do you Conor fan's not care to see your fighter tested at all? Are you just as happy as Cerrone was handing Conor an easy win?

I want my favorite fighters to achieve greatness, and beating Cerrone is not achieving much these days.

Justins' got true power and god level leg kicks, he can beat anyone..

With that said he's been stopped and had hard fights with lesser strikers..

But then again sherdog gonna sherdog.. he's always ducking someone and those he beats where never any good..

TS you should start by explaining why you think Conor would beat Justin.

For what it’s worth, I’m not sure who would win that fight, but it would be a great fight and makes sense for lining up a future title challenger. We all know Conor is at most 1 win away from getting another title shot.

This match up would introduce the world to NCAA Gaethje. Add in the leg kicks, power and chin this would be a difficult night for Conor.

People tend to forget how good conor is, or live in denial.
Conor can beat anyone not named khabib at lw.

If he can lose and struggle against Nate I am pretty sure there are other LW's that can beat him.

I think Justins leg kicks have gotton even more lethal over his last few fights. I think Dustin poses some problems for Conor now that he isn't as wild.

Fighters start acting frantic after Justin lands like 2 or 3 leg kicks. They would be a huge factor in this hypothetical match up. cowboy usually loves fighting at kicking range for example, but after a couple leg kicks from gaethje Cowboy started leaping into boxing range.

Justin is a beast, but he's so damn hittable and Conor is very accurate. I think Conor's a decent sized favorite. There's always that doubt he'll get dragged into deep waters though.

If he's so damn hittable, then why has barely anyone hit him in his last three fights?

This match up would introduce the world to NCAA Gaethje. Add in the leg kicks, power and chin this would be a difficult night for Conor.
I don't get this about Justin, why didn't he bring out the NCAA level supposed elite wrestling when he was fighting against Poirier or Alvarez when he was losing the stand up war. I mean I appreciate the man's ability to entertain and go out on his shield but when the tide was clearly against him it just seemed dumb not to even attempt to use his wrestling which we're yet to see in his UFC run.

I don’t see it going much differently to any other Conor fight. Justin is very hittable. I think Conor wrecks him.
UFC/Conor and his team picked cowboy over Justin. That says enough already.

Back