Why do Overeem fans ignore the positive test?

Because I really don't care. Everyone is on something. I also think Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens should be in the HoF.

This is a smart man right here.

Positive tests or not, it doesn't really matter. I'm sure guys have lost fights taking banned substances as well.

I ackowledge the postive test, but I still want to see him fight in the UFC I can have both and I want him to do well in UFC.

It's not so much his fans but all fans...

Compare the reaction of Overeem failing a drug test to say Cheal Sonnen.

Outrage is manufactured.

It's not so much his fans but all fans...

Compare the reaction of Overeem failing a drug test to say Cheal Sonnen.

Outrage is manufactured.

Well, Sonnen failing the drug test was that first time that has ever happened to him and was totally unexpected, while the rumblings of the Reem using banned substances had been prevalent for years on end.

Because doping is legal in most combat sports internationally, because they are grown professional men and should be allowed to use whatever they think makes them better fighters, because drugs exist that make fighters faster, stronger, and have better cardio = better fights.

Frankly if a guy devotes his life to MMA and does not use PEDs, I think he is a moron, not honorable, get the DEA's war on drugs out of combat sports ... thanks.

what positive test?

I won't tell people how to act, but it's easy to understand why some of us prefer a clean sport and appreciate the guys who don't cheat more. It's just really hard to get behind a guy who got busted if you do care about the integrity of the sport. Its fine that you don't, but don't get mad because some people do care

I didn't make a post asking people why they don't support him.

i don't advocate steroids as i was forced to study them in medical terms for months at a time. they are indeed very harmful.

I've seen a lot of posting on here like Overeem is this white knight but none of his fans acknowledge the positive test or have a comment about it. This guy gained a huge amount of muscle while fighting mostly in japan, ran from a drug test before the Brock fight only to take the test in Europe, tested positive before the JDS fight when he had no idea they'd test him, yet people still are fans of this guy.

I'll tell you why I don't care. Because he tested positive for elevated testosterone and they replaced him with a guy (Mir) who admittedly use the same substance. So does Sonnen and so does Hendo. The medical excuse thing is totally BS to me. I'm not nieve enough to think that Reem has never done anabolics but he has never tested positive for them. And if I started not liking every fighter who has probably done steroids but never been caught, there probably wouldn't be anybody to route for.

Back