Why do Overeem fans ignore the positive test?

Just to be clear. Overeem never tested positive for anything. just a high testosterone level. If he was on steroids they would have showed up.

As a fighter, you're required to make weight and to piss clean. Failing to do either one is unfair to your opponent and ruins the fight. Obviously they are two completely different things, but they are both the responsibilty of the fighter and they both ruin fights if the fighter fails to meet that responsibility.

Failing to make weight is a bad , but the other fighter can still decide to fight you and they even get to take a % of the other fighters purse. There is a common misconception that guys who aren't making weight are sitting around eating cheetos instead of working out. People don't understand the cutting weight sucks and can be very difficult. I wouldn't view it anywhere close to the same light as take PED's. Which is 100% the fighters choice .

because probably ~90 % of the fighters are on something. ppl like royce, shields and barnett showed that you don't have to look buffed up to be on ped's.
and it's not different in other professional sports. look at professional cycling, lance armstrong is an lean endurance athlete still he took testosterone, hgh and other steroids. you guys need to wake up man.

They majority cannot wake up, they get depressed if they have to think their hero is on PEDS.

I am a fan of Overeem, and I acknowledge his roiding, so I guess your sweeping generalization was just proven false, now wasn't it? ;)

I lose respect for guys who roid, but I also fully believe that a very significant number of guys are juicing, blood doping, etc, and until the UFC and the various commissions pull their head out of their as*es, and implement more than a token attempt to clean up the sport with REAL testing, then it is hard to care too much.

UFC wants to be considered a pro sport on the level of MLB, NHL, etc...well, with the shameful lip service paid to the issue of PEDs, it is well on its way.

i understand your POV, but its going to hurt ufc's business, so its not going to happen, just listen to dana, the ufc 155 presser scrum.

ali tested positive for elevated testosterone levels, indicating he's on TRT, i dont really consider it a PED.

for the record, i dont think substances that help an athlete lose/gain weight or muscle or whatever WITHOUT SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS should be illegal in the first place.

what positive test is this you speak of.........

Just to be clear. Overeem never tested positive for anything. just a high testosterone level. If he was on steroids they would have showed up.

Injected testosterone is an anabolic steroid.

Why do people ignore the widespread abuse of TRT in MMA?

I wish they wouldn't. People peddle bullshit about it being necessary for these poor, ripped to fuck fighters. People that genuinely need TRT look fuck all like pro-fighters. The commissions are basically letting guys get away with injecting steroids.

i understand your POV, but its going to hurt ufc's business, so its not going to happen, just listen to dana, the ufc 155 presser scrum.

Oh I agree. It needs to be out of their hands. Serious bans are needed too; six months is fuck all for some guys.

I honestly don't care as I believe that everyone is on something. Yes, he really did draw attention to himself with all of the PR but that being said, he backs it up. Bigfoot talks crap about Overeem being created in a lab, yet tested positive for Boldenone.

What does it matter how much muscle someone gained on steroids? As long as their lvls are normal come fight time it's irrelevant imo.

First he didn't test positive for any substance. Only elevated testosterone. Second it's so common now we assume most do so it's not something to execute an athlete for, and last and most important, people still want to see him fight.

Mr. TS in all your wisdom. Please tell us how we SHOULD act?

First he didn't test positive for any substance. Only elevated testosterone. Second it's so common now we assume most do so it's not something to execute an athlete for, and last and most important, people still want to see him fight.

Mr. TS in all your wisdom. Please tell us how we SHOULD act?

I won't tell people how to act, but it's easy to understand why some of us prefer a clean sport and appreciate the guys who don't cheat more. It's just really hard to get behind a guy who got busted if you do care about the integrity of the sport. Its fine that you don't, but don't get mad because some people do care

The sad thing is roids are basically required, because if almost everyone is on roids and you're not, you are gonna be at a major dissadvantage and the $ goes to the top guys. You almost have to do it.

Haters hate him because he looks like a overmuscular body builder doing MMA. All those guys who pissed hot are not under the same microscope like Overeem is.

Fans love him because he's got an incredible way of doing his pr-stuff (TheReem docu) which is one of the best in MMA. And of course he's wrecking guys in the ring/Octagon for a decade now.

I don't understand how he gets so much hate but other fighters get suspended for "roids" and you hear about it for a couple days then never again.

Back