Why do Overeem fans ignore the positive test?

how high

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of posting on here like Overeem is this white knight but none of his fans acknowledge the positive test or have a comment about it. This guy gained a huge amount of muscle while fighting mostly in japan, ran from a drug test before the Brock fight only to take the test in Europe, tested positive before the JDS fight when he had no idea they'd test him, yet people still are fans of this guy.

I was told he just ate so much horse meat, the steroids that they give the horses showed up on his test

Because I really don't care. Everyone is on something. I also think Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens should be in the HoF.

id say that there are two views on steroids and they are driven

lots of people here, if speaking honestly, say they dont care, just want to see exciting fights

others find it to be cheating and ruining the sport

in the back of our mind, we know most people prob cheat and use something here and there at times

I don't think anyone is that stupid that they think he is totally clean

I've seen a lot of posting on here like Overeem is this white knight but none of his fans acknowledge the positive test or have a comment about it. This guy gained a huge amount of muscle while fighting mostly in japan, ran from a drug test before the Brock fight only to take the test in Europe, tested positive before the JDS fight when he had no idea they'd test him, yet people still are fans of this guy.

other fans ignore also the other fighters who tested positive

http://www.cagepotato.com/mma-steroid-busts-definitive-timeline/

They will argue that he didn't test positive he just had a high ratio. Whatever helps them sleep at night.

Cuz they say everyone does it even though no one else got popped in the same random drug test that Overeem failed.

Who gives a shit? Most pro athletes in all sports are on some form of PED's.

As long as he's clean on fight night it's all good (he failed his test during offseason, not pre/post fight)

Because I really don't care. Everyone is on something. I also think Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens should be in the HoF.

I care if he pisses hot and ruins fights. Not passing your drug test is like failing to make weight. It's disgraceful.

nothing wrong with being a fan of his. I kind of like Overeem, I always thought he was probably on PEDs but he's pretty fun to watch. He's not my favorite fighter but I cheer for him more often than not depending on his opponent. I feel about the same about Barnett and he's been caught more than anyone. TBH I think a large percentage of fighters are probably on PEDs.

The thing that gets me is the people who stick their head and the sand and pretend he was never caught :icon_lol:

I guess they're the same people that don't care if baseball players did steroids or if football players do it. Some people just want to be entertained and couldn't care less what athletes do with their body.

I for one don't think the testing is very accurate for this. Not to mention TRT basically blew the door off having any point to testing for steroids IMHO.

Back