Why do most super muscular guys punch weak?

Retarded question. Show me empirically that big muscular guys can't punch hard. Are you sure you didn't mean to post this in the UFC forum?

Retarded question. Show me empirically that big muscular guys can't punch hard. Are you sure you didn't mean to post this in the UFC forum?

But... but.. TS posted *two* muscular fighters who aren't KO artists! Two! And one fighter who is still pretty muscular, but is a KO artist. One!

QED right?

While punching power doesn't directly correlate with strength large muscles indicate extremely developed fast twitch fibres (and likely a large fast twitch ratio) which means they are often very powerful indeed, and this power translates into the target more than not.

Still, if I could miraculously gain wolverines healing factor and increase my bench from say 135 to 500 pounds my punching power would massively increase as well. More strength will increase your power (take your dead from 200 to 400 pounds and see if your cleans go up without training them, they surely will) and thus your punching power will also increase.

Neither of those guys has knocked out a single person cold. A TKO is not a knock out.

Pudzianowski knocked out that Gracie.

Lesnar dropped Herring and broke his orbital bone. And he he knocked Couture out

Ko % is a poor indicator of punching power especially in a sport with many more ways to win like MMA.

You have super muscular, very strong guys like brock lesnar and mariusz "worlds strongest man" pudzianowski who do not have knock out power and have not knocked a single guy out cold in their entire career. Then you have smaller guys down to 170 lb like Robbie lawler who is not that muscular and knocks people out very easily.
you got 3 types of muscle fiber

slow twitch

and fast twitch.

hybrid of both

fast twitch produces most force and most speed but wears out of energy faster. but this is the reason why people like bruce lee hit so extrordinarly hard for his weight.
some people train the other muscles more but they generate less force and less speed

Power is "converted" or expressed through maximal-strength. The average Joe that develops greater levels of maximal-strength will have the capacity for more power with the right conversion training.

As far as your two examples go, there's this little thing called "skill" and "technique" that play a role.

Lesnar and Pudzilla were mediocre strikers. No technique = no big ko's. That being said, Lesnar still knocked Randy down with a glancing blow.

Also sent HH halfway across the cage, and Pudz kicked a guy seriously fucking hard i felt sorry for the guy. They also have strength better geared toward grappling ALA lesnar, pudz probably could be similar if he trained enough, strong men grips might correlate well to grappling i'd think. OP needs to leave like he said he would.

How much do ya bench?
Stupid question, this is Sherdog, everyone benches:

751px-I-275.svg.png

That's not true. You can have good technique and still be slow.
Slow people can still ko you if they hit you coming in or when you're off balance. Nate quarry has shit for power and speed as a MW, ko'd a fair amount of people via being more technical, even though he was just an average UFC fighter.

Manhoef, Ubereem, Lombard, Baroni (at least used to be), to name a few who are heavily muscular blokes with knock out power.

Plus Lesnar is chubby, and pudzianowski isn't a great fighter any way. Two bad examples of muscular dudes who lack punching power.

Probably because you picked one guy that was a wrestler his whole life and another that was a strong man with a bit of Judo.

Punching is about technique. That being said, if they had better technique all the strength (and especially weight) would make them hit even harder. Brock seems to hit pretty hard though, just not well. He barely clipped Randy and put him on queer street, while bloodying up AO with a jab. It's just that he rarely lands standing and on the ground he opts for his weird mini-hammerfist technique. Oh, and he made Herring do a backwards roll and broke his face with a punch.

Pudz just kinda sucks and this is coming from a fan.

Better question is, why do guys without gear (PEDs) punch weak

Back