Why do most super muscular guys punch weak?

matt35750

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
You have super muscular, very strong guys like brock lesnar and mariusz "worlds strongest man" pudzianowski who do not have knock out power and have not knocked a single guy out cold in their entire career. Then you have smaller guys down to 170 lb like Robbie lawler who is not that muscular and knocks people out very easily.

Lesnar hits pretty hard and Pudzianowski hits at least average for a HW which is still pretty hard.

They just do not hit as hard as you'd think as strength doesn't really directly add to punching power. They are both also not from a striking background but again neither is featherfisted and since they are HWs I really wouldn't wanna get hit by them.
And some muscular guys hit hard: Woodley, manhoef, Carwin etc.

To sum it up: strength doesn't equal punching power

Neither of those people have problems with their striking power.

That said, you can easily get more musclular without increasing your Rate of Force development if you're past your novice phase.

Neither are skilled standing up and they aren't fighting small guys like Lawler.

if i had a choice between getting punched by a well practiced punching lightweight or maruiz im taking the lightweight 10x out of 10

Neither of those guys has knocked out a single person cold. A TKO is not a knock out.

I imagine Lesnar hits pretty damn hard.

KO's are a lot more the product of setting it up.

Lesnar and Pudzianowski are going into the ring with guys who are infinitely more skilled at fighting.

"I imagine Lesnar hits pretty damn hard." Bunch of 13 yr old boys here I don't know why I come here I think I am about done here.

lol....i dont imagine...the guy hits hard as fuck just not relative to other heavyweights so it is hard to see that form just watching a fight.....put him on one of those punching machines and i guarantee he hits harder than say conner mcregor

Lesnar and Pudzilla were mediocre strikers. No technique = no big ko's. That being said, Lesnar still knocked Randy down with a glancing blow.

You gotta have speed

I'd rather get hit by a bowling ball traveling 5mph than a baseball traveling 100mph

You have super muscular, very strong guys like brock lesnar and mariusz "worlds strongest man" pudzianowski who do not have knock out power and have not knocked a single guy out cold in their entire career. Then you have smaller guys down to 170 lb like Robbie lawler who is not that muscular and knocks people out very easily.
Tech-nique.

"I imagine Lesnar hits pretty damn hard." Bunch of 13 yr old boys here I don't know why I come here I think I am about done here.
Brock knocked down Randy by grazing him with an arm jab. He has shit technique and is primarily a wrestler; that's why he doesn't have HL reel of ko's. Still probably hits harder than half the division.

Another thing to consider, brocks hands are so damn big that the point of impact is spread out more, which causes more of the blow to be absorbed.

I just used physics to explain this shit & i barely even graduated HS.... Chalk one up for the kid who smoked weed all day in school... Feeling proud

I know people who've been sparring partners for Brock. Not being able to hit explosively is not his problem.

Back