Why do mexicans have such good chins?

They've been taking it on the chin since Napoleon. It's evolution.

Mexicans have the GOAT hairlines too: Diaz bros, Masvidal, Cruz, Gastelum, Condit, etc.

nick diaz, nate diaz, diego sanchez, giblert melendez, joseph benavidez, cain velasquez, tony ferguson, carlos condit all have crazy chins!
Although these fighters have great chins and are Mexican decent, it's just a stereotype

Because Mexico trains their babies to have strong necks in case they get initiated into the zetas for the beheading

Don't see it, you could find a group of guys any ethnicity in UFC/Bellator/Rizin and cite guys with good chins. Eugenics is still alive and well on Sherdog.

All of those guys are probably 80% Spanish. The only one of them with a decent chunk of ethnically Mexican genetics is probably Benevidez.

Mexican isn't a natural race, you doof. It is a mix between native Indian and European blood.

Who were the great American white boxers?

Italians, Jews and Irishmen, people that werent even considered real whites back then.

Boxing is an inner city sport, its no wonder minorities are overrepresented, same in latin America, its not the well off people the ones getting into boxers, nor rural peasants, its the inner city poor that do.

So what is you're excuse for basketball, baseball which were also started with only whites participating. Once minorities were allowed to participate, their numbers dwindle as well lol.

So what is you're excuse for basketball, baseball which were also started with only whites participating. Once minorities were allowed to participate, their numbers dwindle as well lol.

Boxing is not basketball.

Baseball is cultural, they literally have baseball grooming camps in poor countries in the Caribbean.

Also you overstimate the physical advantage black people have in basketball, full white team Spain gave the dream team a run for its money.

I wonder how long it would take the UFC Heavyweight division to KO the entire pavilion at Dodger Stadium.

Solid cheek and jaw bones

julio-cesar-chavez-37217-1-raw.jpg

Genetics play a big role lol. Whites in America early on were dominating boxing when they were the only ones allowed to participate.

Once blacks and minorities were allowed to box against them, whites disappeared overall in boxing. They were getting ko and out boxed. Blacks have great athlectism and latins were known for chin and heart.

Untill this day, boxing is still waiting for the next "great white hope" (American wise)
its not genetics with "latins." it isnt a race, its an ethnic group. latino countries have all difference races of people. just like america. You have white argentines, mestizo mexicans, black colombians,mullato cubans, tri racial puertoricans, etc... and they arent all known for their chins or heart. cubans for instance are known to be very technical and slick, totally different from the aggressive style of mexicans that you are probably referring to. its a cultural thing by and large. The only thing that all these nations have in common is some white blood and language from the spanish, who arent known for their boxing or great fighters at all. As a latino I also feel the chin and heart thing is kind of a backhanded compliment because it undermines the fact that latino boxers had alot of technique and intelligence.

Here is a "latin" from argentina, descended from white italian immigrants. He was known for amazing defense, not his chin or heart.

Last edited:
I'm Mexican and I've actually always wondered if Joe is half white or something. Doesn't seem very Mexican to me lol
Yeah my wife is "Mexican" but her dad looks like the dude on the tapatio bottle and she turns paper white in the winter. The US like to generalize ones ethnicit
Mexican isn't a natural race, you doof. It is a mix between native Indian and European blood.

its peoples with ancestry from Mexica native tribe, but largely refers to all peoples of Native American decent from Mexico. It definitely is a grey area, but you don't call someone Alaskan just because they live there, there is ancestry.

Lombard and Romero both have excellent chins as well.

Salvador Sanchez.

eastwest2-3-web.jpg

Also Julio Cesar Chavez sr.(the son got his genetics too, fighting this week)
I don't know if it's a myth but it's a known story that doctors could see from Chavez' brain scans that he had a thicker skull than the average person.

nick diaz, nate diaz, diego sanchez, giblert melendez, joseph benavidez, cain velasquez, tony ferguson, carlos condit all have crazy chins!

Tony Ferguson's chin ain't that good, Benavidez got KO'd by MMA....MM's only KO win.

Everyone else is accurate

Back