Why do mexicans have such good chins?

A lot of mexican people also descend from Germans and the french,mixed in with the native indians. Jalisco has a ton of german influence. My bloodline is Caxcanes/German/Spaniard. Benavidez is a spanish last name. The odd thing is spaniards(Spain)themselves are not producing any really world class mma fighters and barely produce boxers,who are not on the level of any Mexican boxer.
fabricio werdum is half spainard.
other than that its not big in their culture all the tough guys rather play with bulls.

Last edited:
I don't doubt they're Mestizo. That 80% you threw out threw me off a bit. There are a lot of different Indians in Mexico. Not all have round faces but most are short and dark.

Just by looking at Gib. I doubt he's 80% Spanish.

Either way they're mexican, mexican-american, more spanish European than indigenous Mexican indian, however you want to describe them and have great chins.

Gilbert may not be 80% spanish but he isnt near to being indian, true indians are similar to asians, round faces, straight hair, they are brown and sometimes got slanted eyes.

Gilbert probably has some black in him due to the hair.

A lot has to do with conditioning and training.

Good cardio and training at a good boxing gym.

Not sure. But Hispanic boxers and take a beating and give one. Legit chins.

What this guy said. Mexican or Latin fighters are known to have the best chins from taking damage to recovering quickly in boxing.

Is why they say in boxing to never get in a brawling contest with them but to use footwork and boxing I.Q.

I remember when Vernon forest got ko by myorga by trying to brawl with him. Vernon was the better boxer by far too. His career was never the same after that K.o.

Mayorga was from Nicaragua.

A lot of mexican people also descend from Germans and the french,mixed in with the native indians. Jalisco has a ton of german influence. My bloodline is Caxcanes/German/Spaniard. Benavidez is a spanish last name. The odd thing is spaniards(Spain)themselves are not producing any really world class mma fighters and barely produce boxers,who are not on the level of any Mexican boxer.

Not really odd.

Boxing in Mexico and most of Latin America for that matter became popular due to American influence, just like baseball, its no wonder that whenever there is good baseball there is also good boxing.

Thats why you dont see good fighters from Peru or Chile. Argentina i think got its boxing from the British, but there is a reason why we use english terminology Boxeo, ring, rounds its all english lingo.

Not really odd.

Boxing in Mexico and most of Latin America for that matter became popular due to American influence, just like baseball, its no wonder that whenever there is good baseball there is also good boxing.

Thats why you dont see good fighters from Peru or Chile. Argentina i think got its boxing from the British, but there is a reason why we use english terminology Boxeo, ring, rounds its all english lingo.
I just meant that Mexicans are different fron spaniards due to being mixed addressing a previous post.

boxing didn't come from north america its started im greece and in modern times england it would have gotten to spain first before Mexico.

Spain doesn't really have an excuse for not producing fighters they could have been boxing for centuries even before the U.S.

I just meant that Mexicans are different fron spaniards due to being mixed addressing a previous post.

boxing didn't come from north america its started im greece and in modern times england it would have gotten to spain first before mexico.

Spain doesn't really have an excuse for not producing fighters they could have been boxing for centuries even before the U.S.

Genes has nothing to do with it, grab a random untrained Mexican from the streets punch him and he drops as fast as anyone else. Its all about the training.

And boxing did came from north America, it doesn't matters whether Greeks fought or not in ancient times. Fist fighting died with the ancient world.

Fist-fighting in a box for money began in England and spread all over the English world. American sailors would organize prizefighting and Hispanics loving to see things fight each other (dogs, cocks, bulls) loved that sport and started doing the same.

Spain never really picked that up because they didn't traded much with the British, they had their own merchant ships.

Spain does has an excuse, boxing is unpopular there, just like baseball.

all those guys have fought champions or being champions except for the lone whitey on there. guys who i am talking about einstein.
Yeah and a lot of them block punches with their face. You don't see GSP, mayweather, and a shit ton of other past champions doing that.

because standing underneath a pyramid watching your newborn getting stabbed and sacrified.... you're probably clenching your jaws a lot.

Genes has nothing to do with it, grab a random untrained Mexican from the streets punch him and he drops as fast as anyone else. Its all about the training.

And boxing did came from north America, it doesn't matters whether Greeks fought or not in ancient times. Fist fighting died with the ancient world.

Fist-fighting in a box for money began in England and spread all over the English world. American sailors would organize prizefighting and Hispanics loving to see things fight each other (dogs, cocks, bulls) loved that sport and started doing the same.

Spain never really picked that up because they didn't traded much with the British, they had their own merchant ships.

Spain does has an excuse, boxing is unpopular there, just like baseball.

Genetics play a big role lol. Whites in America early on were dominating boxing when they were the only ones allowed to participate.

Once blacks and minorities were allowed to box against them, whites disappeared overall in boxing. They were getting ko and out boxed. Blacks have great athlectism and latins were known for chin and heart.

Untill this day, boxing is still waiting for the next "great white hope" (American wise)

Genetics play a big role lol. Whites in America early on were dominating boxing when they were the only ones allowed to participate.

Once blacks and minorities were allowed to box against them, whites disappeared overall in boxing. They were getting ko and out boxed. Blacks have great athlectism and latins were known for chin and heart.

Untill this day, boxing is still waiting for the next "great white hope" (American wise)

More like whites became too wealthy and boxing was beneath them.

You still have great white boxers, just not soft white Americans, but eastern europeans.

Cain only has an average chin, too. He got rocked every time Kongo touched him.
That was 25 years ago when that happened. Dude went 47 rounds with JDS.

Yeah and a lot of them block punches with their face. You don't see GSP, mayweather, and a shit ton of other past champions doing that.

nah, gsp and mayweather prefer to bore you to death.

Back