Why do mexicans have such good chins?

All of those guys are probably 80% Spanish. The only one of them with a decent chunk of ethnically Mexican genetics is probably Benevidez.
A lot of mexican people also descend from Germans and the french,mixed in with the native indians. Jalisco has a ton of german influence. My bloodline is Caxcanes/German/Spaniard. Benavidez is a spanish last name. The odd thing is spaniards(Spain)themselves are not producing any really world class mma fighters and barely produce boxers,who are not on the level of any Mexican boxer.

You could say the same for blacks having fast twitch muscle fibers, or japanese for strong legs? I understand the latino culture have a lot of slow burning energy foods, like beans so that gives them great cardio. Chin is different, I believe it's to do with the way your nerves and brain is shaped/placed.
Filipinos have huge calves

Not really. I'm Filipino and my calves are tiny, despite me being a 21km runner.

Are the Diaz bros and Condit actually Mexican or are you just making a generalization?
Condit is half Mexican, diaz bros are Chicanos meaning there grandparents were Mexicans and the parents born in the u s

because of their fighting style, those who have good chins remain only as high class fighters

I will not get into the Jimmy the Greek debate. That's absurd and will only lead to a race rant by some here.

To answer your query, they are Mexican-American, American's with Mexican ancestry, latino, hispanic, or whatever else suits you, but NOT Mexican as that's a nationality. I believe that most genealogy research indicates that the largest Mexican native ancestry comes from the Aztecs.
Im not an aztec im part caxcan. Caxcan/German/Spaniard
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caxcan

Probably thick bone structure, something genetic no doubt

I'm mexican and I think it is just coincidence. Mexican boxers are known to have good chins though and that comes from their good conditioning

What this guy said. Mexican or Latin fighters are known to have the best chins from taking damage to recovering quickly in boxing.

Is why they say in boxing to never get in a brawling contest with them but to use footwork and boxing I.Q.

I remember when Vernon forest got ko by myorga by trying to brawl with him. Vernon was the better boxer by far too. His career was never the same after that K.o.

. The odd thing is spaniards(Spain)themselves are not producing any really world class mma fighters and barely produce boxers,who are not on the level of any Mexican boxer.

They're too busy producing a large percentage of the best footballers in the world! They don't have the boxing or fighting culture found in Ireland or the UK for example. Spain only have 4 olympic medals in boxing, Ireland with only about an eighth of the population have 16. Can't expect them to produce good fighters if the interest isn't there.

But anyway, most latino fighters in MMA look like they descend from a European majority. It's fair to assume if you're not a first or second generation immigrant then you could be mixed with something completely different, not to mention the large amount of people already with Spanish heritage coming from Latin America. So yeah, I would say there's not much correlation with mexicans and having strong chins, since they're probably all mixed in some way.

They're too busy producing a large percentage of the best footballers in the world! They don't have the boxing or fighting culture found in Ireland or the UK for example. Spain only have 4 olympic medals in boxing, Ireland with only about an eighth of the population have 16. Can't expect them to produce good fighters if the interest isn't there.

But anyway, most latino fighters in MMA look like they descend from a European majority. It's fair to assume if you're not a first or second generation immigrant then you could be mixed with something completely different, not to mention the large amount of people already with Spanish heritage coming from Latin America. So yeah, I would say there's not much correlation with mexicans and having strong chins, since they're probably all mixed in some way.
I agree to some extent I guess it is probably some cultural factor more than genetic , spain is better at soccer overall but one of the greatest players ever in la liga was a Mexican Hugo Sanchez
Before messi he was the only guy with 5 "pichichi" goal titles
d35a27bdee63d03fa17fc34ec04308ff.jpg

hugosanchez_trofeos_es.jpg

Back