Why do fighters have such huge lats - and how do they get them?

St. of Killers

Green Belt
Reaction score
Matt Riddle's upper body had super-hero proportions last night. Going up from his abdomen area, his lats shot out at 45-degree angles. And this is not uncommon among fighters. What's up with that?

Lats are pulling muscles, so I don't think they help with striking at all. Is there some use for lats in MMA that makes all these guys develop them to such an extent?

And I also wonder HOW they get them so big. The only way I know are rows, pullups, etc. A lot of fighters claim not to lift weights at all, though, but there they are with their huge lats.

And, yeah, before you ask: I'm jealous.

Matt Riddle's upper body had super-hero proportions last night. Going up from his abdomen area, his lats shot out at 45-degree angles. And this is not uncommon among fighters. What's up with that?

Lats are pulling muscles, so I don't think they help with striking at all. Is there some use for lats in MMA that makes all these guys develop them to such an extent?

And I also wonder HOW they get them so big. The only way I know are rows, pullups, etc. A lot of fighters claim not to lift weights at all, though, but there they are with their huge lats.

And, yeah, before you ask: I'm jealous.

In before the ban.
gay_thread.gif

GayThreadcongrats.jpg

Like your popeye, Riddle ate his Spinach everyday.

Grappling uses every pulling muscle in your body.

And this thread is ghey.

if you must know why this man looks so glamourous and sexy to you and how you would gain his physique, even in the absence of lifting weights, go a hit a punching bag, after you learn to punch the right way, and you will be enlightened. Homo.

Alright, time for a serious question: Coke or Pepsi? I'm a diet Coke man at heart.

Burger King over McDonald's all day long. At least their beef actually tastes like beef.

Back