Why do fighters have such huge lats - and how do they get them?

I don't drink soda, but when I was a kid the blue cream soda kicked so much ass.

This came up when I googled it so you know it's tough stuff.

spaceball.jpg

Sometimes I get the craving for a Classic Coca Cola, but most of the time I like the freshness of a Pepsi even though it makes me burp more.

Burger King over McDonald's all day long. At least their beef actually tastes like beef.

I tried their steakhouse the other day and was mildly surprised. It actually tasted pretty good. I was full by the end of the burger and could not down the 2 tacos that I had bought along with my steakhouse.

Wow, I didn't realize how infested this board has become with children. I was asking a serious question. I was seriously wondering why all these fighters who don't lift weights have massive lat muscles, but I guess it didn't occur to me that no one here knows shit and is more interested in trying to be funny than having an actual discussion.

Wow, I didn't realize how infested this board has become with children. I was asking a serious question. I was seriously wondering why all these fighters who don't lift weights have massive lat muscles, but I guess it didn't occur to me that no one here knows shit and is more interested in trying to be funny than having an actual discussion.

"Superhero lats?" That was your serious question?

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/forbidden-topics-243478/

*If it's blatantly obvious you did not consult the stickies - Before starting a thread... if you post a routine without checkin the new member resources (specifically carnal's treatise on lifting) your thread will be closed with extreme prejudice. It's not required that you memorize everything in the stickies, only that you made an attempt to edcuate yourself before asking for the aid of others. I also like to plug my web page, but if you're going to read anything, read what Carnal wrote.

*Bigger bicep or other body part threads - these threads are typically strictly for vanity, and in case you haven't caught on, that's not what this forum is about. Furthermore strength training is about training movements more so than it is about training specific muscles which makes isolation exercises inefficient for athletic supplementation.

*"How do I get a body like [insert name here]" type threads - again this is not a bodybuilding forum, and if you name a fighter you're twice as dumb. Fighters train to fight, not to get their body to look a certain way, want a fighter's physique? Train for performance and cut to make weight.

Grappling require a lot of pulling motions. Additionally, a lot of fighters say that they don't life weights, yet do not include the pushups, pullups, etc that they do.

Happy?

stfu_yoda.jpg

I guess I worded myself wrong. What I was trying to ask was why do they need them. Maybe I should have posted in the grappling technique forum.

l_a9fdb1e420dd53512e80cd9a89c7dc2c.jpg

St.. go troll another board...you're the only 'child' here....

you also answered your own question...pull ups and rows can build a great back...most fighters have low bodyfat(for most weight classes) so whatever muscle they do have is very pronounced relative to bigger athletes who have higher bodyfat...also a large number of fighters do train with weights to whatever capacity ...

Back