Why didnt Ryan Couture make it?

He didn't have the burst/explosion you need to compete with elite fighters.

He's got some talent and skills. Definitely worked hard. Don't hate on him, TKO'd Conor Heun, subbed Dakota Cochran, split dec's with KJ Noons and Joe Duarte. Pretty darn good wins compared to most guys out there.
He robbed Noons tho, let's not act like he deserved the nod on that one.

I think it is more likely that he didn't get his dad's full genetic makeup. He probably overperformed relative to his athleticism because he had access to better training due to his Dad.
Really solid point here

I think it is more likely that he didn't get his dad's full genetic makeup. He probably overperformed relative to his athleticism because he had access to better training due to his Dad.
Yeah, he definitely didn't get his dad's genetic makeup.
Starting with the fact that his pops was a big guy and he was a LW.
Completely different dept.
But, size aside, he never strook me as being a gifted athlete.

Ryan doesn't have high-level anything and he competes in the deepest division of the sport. He's also in his mid-thirties now so he'll likely never get any better.

For the same reason Jacob Dylan and Julian Lennon didnt "make it" in music.

Just because you dad is the shit at something doesn't mean you are.

Jesus! Bucholz has the worst ILS Ive ever seen and Im not even kidding. What, is he holding invisible watermelons. What a douche

Wtf are you talking about dude he has his hands on his hips.

His BJJ is pretty good, besides that he has no other real weapons

75 pounds smaller his dad who got him blackballed from the UFC plus his best attribute was fighting off his back. Not very fan friendly fight style IIRC.

His BJJ is pretty good, besides that he has no other real weapons
Yep. And he didn't have the wrestling to go with it so he couldn't avoid getting wrestleraped. (Which is crazy considering who his dad is and all his dad's friends are)

Yeah, he definitely didn't get his dad's genetic makeup.
Starting with the fact that his pops was a big guy and he was a LW.
Completely different dept.
But, size aside, he never strook me as being a gifted athlete.

A lot of MMA guys kids look like they have low testosterone or something, compared to their dads

I wonder if it's caused by weight cutting and/or steroids during the time that they procreated

He started too late.

Ryan is currently 36 years old, which is ancient for the lower weight divisions. He didn't have his professional debut until he was already 28 years old. The lower weight divisions are too deep and too skilled to get started that late in the game.

To put it in perspective, he graduated college, then made his pro debut 6 years later. He had some amateur fights but it was bunched up prior to turning pro in his late 20's.

Couture's (ex?) wife had a few fights too IIRC. Got her grill jacked up.

They kinda had the wrong branding plan lol.

Fighter are born not made by nepotism.

Hahaha! Always!

duane-ludwig.jpg

Even when he smiles his eyes look like a guy who knows his wife is fucking the pool boy while he's at work but loves her too much to kick her out...

001_Duane_Ludwig.0.0.jpeg
Peanut_Butter_Mockup_1-1-595x793.jpg

Back