Why didnt Ryan Couture make it?

Actually he is!

Mathew traveled to the Shaolin temple pre internet era and fought in the streets. He also fought in MMA and he looked damn good considering his age. Great footwork movement surprisingly great straight punches but hook and uppercut not the best.

Point is that Mathew is a ballsy and adventurous person who mustered up the courage to travel a path of uncertainty.

I'm still not sure how paying his way into Shaolin and having one amateur fight as the peak of his competitive history makes him an expert.

Randy probably wasn't involved in his life as a kid outside of sending mom enough child support for jiu jitsu class. His whole career just reeked of a dads desperate attempt to make up for lost time

Look at Randy's MMA career and then Kim's (who I'm assuming is his mother). Right in the middle of those would be Ryan.

He wasn’t that good.

The fights I saw, he had to rely on his chin too often and really didn’t look talented.

At least the kid was smart enough to get out of the business before he really got damaged.

He was difficult to watch at best. Really never expected much from him after the fist few outings.

He started too late.

Ryan is currently 36 years old, which is ancient for the lower weight divisions. He didn't have his professional debut until he was already 28 years old. The lower weight divisions are too deep and too skilled to get started that late in the game.

To put it in perspective, he graduated college, then made his pro debut 6 years later. He had some amateur fights but it was bunched up prior to turning pro in his late 20's.

Agreed... But Ryan has got a few entertaining scraps to his credit.... Always an underdog, sometimes he surprised folks.....

Back