Why didnt Anderson face the reigning LHW champ when he was the MW champ?

There wasn't a "reigning" lhw champ at the time. The belt was being passed around like a hot potato.

GSP and Silva wrre similar sized and had and concurrent reign over their divisions.

Jones came into the scene towards the end of Silva's reign and the size diff and timing was ALOT different

thiago silva should have had like a 20-4 record at one point if you took those 3 or so NC's he won that he tested positive for something so he lost out on a win. he hurt rashad in their fight as well. very underrated when he was at his best
Lyoto took his soul

lol.

no.

admit forrest is a bum and anderson didnt want none of the top light heavyweight fighters because he was scared.
Shogun is a bum too right?

Cut the man some slack. How do you expect someone to move up in weight and fight the champ, while simultaneously battling with erectile dysfunction?

Never wanted to fight Shogun and Claims Jones to be the GOAT... but I did enjoy him going Matrix on the middle tier...

Why didn't he want to challenge himself by fighting the GOAT though?

Though I guess Artem wasn't in the UFC back then.

Last edited:
Today when the top comp is guys like smith, Gus and volkan?

Maybe, I think Gus and volkan beat Forrest, he may have a chance vs Smith.

He'd lose against Smith too. Dude is too slow and sloppy. The only reason he won against Rampage is because Rampage had fallen in love with his hands too much and basically became a boxer and Forrest used the ultimate weapon against any boxer. Leg kicks. Smith's game is much too versatile for Forrest.

Last edited:
I wasn't paying much attention at the time, but can someone explain to me the context and reason behind the James Irvin fight? Just seems a weird, pointless match-up in hindsight.

He fought in a time before people held off fighting for as long as possible til an opportunity came to fight for a different belt or for more money

There wasn't a "reigning" lhw champ at the time. The belt was being passed around like a hot potato.

GSP and Silva wrre similar sized and had and concurrent reign over their divisions.

Jones came into the scene towards the end of Silva's reign and the size diff and timing was ALOT different

GSP and Anderson were not similar sized, and Jones was champion when Anderson was front kicking Vitor. He wasn’t interested in fighting Shogun either after he KO’d his best friend Machida.

Also he fought at LHW 3 times. Sounds like excuses you are making for him.

GSP and Anderson were not similar sized, and Jones was champion when Anderson was front kicking Vitor. He wasn’t interested in fighting Shogun either after he KO’d his best friend Machida.

Also he fought at LHW 3 times. Sounds like excuses you are making for him.

GSP vs Silva was the superfight of the time. Only GSP nuthuggers tried to turn it into Silva vs Jones to deflect from GSP ducking

GSP vs Silva was the superfight of the time. Only GSP nuthuggers tried to turn it into Silva vs Jones to deflect from GSP ducking

Yeah yeah.

Doesn’t change the fact Anderson and his nuthuggers were terrified of Jones (and Shogun)

His ducking of them 2 is OK though. At least he fought greats like Irvin, Forrest and Bonnar

They didn't let him just like they didn't let Aldo. UFC controls whos champ. Better question, why didn't GSP fight Anderson?

Because he fought the guy that beat Anderson.

A better question is why didn't Jones fight Cain or Stipe?

I just don’t understand why a select few posters shit on GSP constantly when Anderson Silva did THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING!!!

Jeez talk about double standards...

The MMA community is hilarious some times.

I just don’t understand why a select few posters shit on GSP constantly when Anderson Silva did THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING!!!

Jeez talk about double standards...

The MMA community is hilarious some times.

This is what gets me.

Anderoid nuthuggers love accusing GSP of ducking him when Anderson has ducked Jones and Shogun - Then the excuses come out

it goes both ways though. That's the point. Ppl say GSP ducked Silva and that might be a possibility for obvious reasons (15 pound difference in weight class) but also Silva ducked Shogun and Jones for obvious reasons too.

Look at all the fighters who went up and weight class and lost, their legacy gets shitted on every chance they get. For example, BJ Penn, Randy Couture, Saku, etc. Most MMA fans ignore the wins and concentrate more on the losses which is a shame.

They didn't let him just like they didn't let Aldo. UFC controls whos champ. Better question, why didn't GSP fight Anderson?
What's the difference between Anderson not fighting Jones and GSP not fighting Anderson. Why people not asking for Khabib to fight Woodley or Woodley fight Whittaker?

This is what gets me.

Anderoid nuthuggers love accusing GSP of ducking him when Anderson has ducked Jones and Shogun - Then the excuses come out
Funny how the mma world works.

One fighter avoids another, gets universally praised. The other fighter avoideing that fighter gets universally slammed... (only by a certain demographic that is, but they cry the loudest...)

Back