Why didnt Anderson face the reigning LHW champ when he was the MW champ?

nah. Anderson was afraid to fight Jones, and GSP is afraid to fight Anderson. they both weren't afraid of ol' Bisping tho haha
lmao!!!

<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45>

damn, the one eyed pirate put fear in no man!

<28><28><28>

Anderson Silva is BY FAR the GOAT at moving up in weight classes.

He moved up from Welterweight to Middleweight where he became one of the greatest of all times. I never found anything even remotely sensible in him having to move up ANOTHER weight class.

What other GOAT candidates have ever moved UP in weight class and been as dominate as Silva? I mean there is a sort of round a bout argument for Fedor since he was an undersized HW, but compare Silva's moving up accomplishment to the other GOATS and it's freaking incredible.
/thread

How fucking funny it is that Anderson nutthuggers clamber onto the idea that GSP the WW ruling champ was scared of Anderson, when Anderson was scared for his life to face any champ at LHW when he was the ruling supreme MW champ.

Definition of irony, isnt it?

Everyone in the UFC is a ducking pussy besides Cormier - Sherdog.

Because he never had to. He was the middleweight champ, he fought everyone at middleweight. 205 was only bonus fights

I have never understood why the fearless Anderson Silva never jumped up to light heavyweight and faced the champ.

He sure faced stiff competition in light heavyweight being none other than James Irvin
20100320050418_img_9166_medium.jpg
and the two TUF season one finalists... How impressive is that!!??

Why did Anderson not want to face legit competition at light heavyweight? Was he scared he would get absolutely starched? If any of you are gonna say 'wahh wahh Forrest just lost the championship in his last fight!' just dont. Forrest is not a good fighter. He pulled 2 miracles out of his ass during his career, one the first shogun fight, two the rampage fight. When Forrest wasnt pulling miracles out of his ass he was running from the cage crying that he lost.

So what gives? Why did Anderson never challenge real competition at light heavyweight?
Lol, he did and would have destroyed Shogun but much like Aldo was told if he wanted to go after that belt he would have to vacate his first. Before Conor only BJ was ever given the chance to become a "champ champ".

Not to mention had he fought that "None legit competition TUF winner" 1 fight earlier it would have been for his LHW Belt, lol.

How fucking funny it is that Anderson nutthuggers clamber onto the idea that GSP the WW ruling champ was scared of Anderson, when Anderson was scared for his life to face any champ at LHW when he was the ruling supreme MW champ.

Definition of irony, isnt it?

i respect GSP but not really a fan, and i like Anderson, but obviously from the evidence where i clearly admit and show Anderson wants nothing to do with Jones, i'm not biased. i just want the truth, that's all. if a fighter i like is a duck, what can i say? he's a duck.

First he was friends with Machida.

Then he said he was friends with Shogun, even tho Shogun said not really and he was open to fighting him.

Then coincidentally he became friends with Jones.

Anderson doesn't duck fighters, he forms friendships with them. So weird how he never wanted to be friends with gsp or conor, only with guys his size or bigger <45>

TS is retarded and got exposed.

Andy fought at 170 and moved up to 185 to become a dominate champ.
UFC didn't want him to be a double champ.
He had teammates at 205 and he wanted them to be champ (which Lyoto did become champ).

i respect GSP but not really a fan, and i like Anderson, but obviously from the evidence where i clearly admit and show Anderson wants nothing to do with Jones, i'm not biased. i just want the truth, that's all. if a fighter i like is a duck, what can i say? he's a duck.
You are one of the few realist posters here.

upload_2019-2-16_16-44-45.gif

I thank you for your honest input to this thread.

Cause he probably would have lost. Make no mistake Forrest was the sixth or seventh best guy in the division when he fought AS. I don't like superfights I don't think the champ is obligated to go up in anyway shape or form. The fact AS took the time and effort to go up to LHW and fought Forrest, Bonnar and Irvin instead of the best though says he was image padding cause youre going to get credit for going up no matter who it is. LHW and MW are mostly interchangeable though, AS is 6 2.

Other poster makes a good point Machida was champ at the time of Forrest thing and until 2013 always had the serious chance of getting the belt back. But that doesn't mean AS couldn't have picked more serious non championship opponents for these one off fights. He'd have been helping Machida to knock off his potential rivals.

TS is retarded and got exposed.

Andy fought at 170 and moved up to 185 to become a dominate champ.
UFC didn't want him to be a double champ.
He had teammates at 205 and he wanted them to be champ (which Lyoto did become champ).
You were and still a fucking idiot.

Congratulations.

Well done, buds.

I have never understood why the fearless Anderson Silva never jumped up to light heavyweight and faced the champ.

He sure faced stiff competition in light heavyweight being none other than James Irvin
20100320050418_img_9166_medium.jpg
and the two TUF season one finalists... How impressive is that!!??

Why did Anderson not want to face legit competition at light heavyweight? Was he scared he would get absolutely starched? If any of you are gonna say 'wahh wahh Forrest just lost the championship in his last fight!' just dont. Forrest is not a good fighter. He pulled 2 miracles out of his ass during his career, one the first shogun fight, two the rampage fight. When Forrest wasnt pulling miracles out of his ass he was running from the cage crying that he lost.

So what gives? Why did Anderson never challenge real competition at light heavyweight?
lol noob, Dana wouldn't let him

Better yet..Why didnt anderson fight jones..
Maybe because Jon hadn't cleaned out the LHW division like GSP and A Silva did in their respective divisions. If there was ever a time for a super fight, it was between GSP and Silva, who both cleaned out their divisions. Jon just started his rein at LHW, plus when Machida was champ, there was no way him and Silva was going to fight. Both already said this.

But and old ass silva did move up to LHW to fight the HW champ in DC, on short notice.

He'd rather fight James Irvin or Stephan Bonnar

Most reasons are pointed out already

Added problem would have been holding on to that title. People forget Anderson fought at ww for a whilethere.

Fighting handpicked opponents in Silva and Irvin is fine. But win that LHW title now you have to defend it against wrestlers with a massive weight advantage. Rashad, Rampage, Ortiz. Good luck with that.

They wernt handpicked opponents, like 4 of the top 10 guys turned down Anderson for a fight until Forrest said fuck it and put his hand up... same thing happened with Irvin.

Back