Why didnt Anderson face the reigning LHW champ when he was the MW champ?

Still didn't answer my question lol rekt

Bro he gave you several answers lol..your just ignoring them..

They both didnt fight the champion above for the same reasons...

One , UFC back then wasnt doing that shit..maybe if watched some MMA before conor came and you'd understand that ..it wasnt really an option just promo talk..

Secondly GSP had no reason to move up as his division had a strong amount of contenders..the guy never fought anyone out of the top 5 for years..

Third anderson had teamates at 205 mainly lyoto.. And nog and didnt want to interfere..GSP had patrick cote and the crow at MW...they knew there places

So kindly

tenor_2.gif

Still laugh at how shogun called out Silva and everyone called him a duck.

Only for shogun to be on the side of the most one sided beated from a challenger in mma history
Lol wat?

Shogun would have best the piss out of Anderson:

One , UFC back then wasnt doing that shit..maybe if watched some MMA before conor came and you'd understand that ..it wasnt really an option just promo talk..

Secondly GSP had no reason to move up as his division had a strong amount of contenders..the guy never fought anyone out of the top 5 for years..

Third anderson had teamates at 205 mainly lyoto.. And nog and didnt want to interfere..GSP had patrick cote and the crow at MW...they knew there places

So kindly

View attachment 525091
I am impressed by this post.

Yeah lol candyhugmercury was ducking all my answers like Anderson was ducking too competition at light leavyweight.

He was GOAT status attracting celebrities at MW, getting paid. Keep the belt, keep the rep, keep the money coming in. Why risk his career getting KO'd or exposed as less than superhuman by a bigger opponent? Forrest and Irvin were risk-free. Why hasn't Jon gone up? Same reason... for almost every champ in UFC history.
that lhw guy already dominated the hw champ 2x

I think you are really selling Forrest Griffin short, dismissing him as "a former TUF finalist." He wasn't just a TUF finalist, he won the TUF season 1. He went on to be UFC champion and he beat former champions Tito Ortiz twice, Shogun Rua, Rich Franklin, and Rampage Jackson. I would say that is a pretty impressive resume for any fighter! Anderson embarrassed the man who beat all these guys. Also, maybe Silva lost quickness or punching power in a weight class 20 ibs. heavier than he fought. He may be the greatest fighter ever, so show a little respect.

So kindly

View attachment 525091
Cote and Loiseau were long out of title contention when the Anderson vs GSP talks were heating up

Loiseau was cut from the UFC in April 2009

Get your facts straight, GSP is a flagrant duck

Same reason why gsp didnt fight anderson. Too much factors against him and he did not have to do it. Nothing wrong with either case. But those people who give gsp shit for it and praise anderson need to stfu.

Cote and Loiseau were long out of title contention when the Anderson vs GSP talks were heating up

Loiseau was cut from the UFC in April 2009

Get your facts straight, GSP is a flagrant duck

And Patrick cote??

Yap...guy cleared everyone in his path and avenged his losses but hes a Duck alright lmao...

If GSPs a duck so is andy for not fighting jones or any LHW champion then...

You salty white belt

I have never understood why the fearless Anderson Silva never jumped up to light heavyweight and faced the champ.

He sure faced stiff competition in light heavyweight being none other than James Irvin
20100320050418_img_9166_medium.jpg
and the two TUF season one finalists... How impressive is that!!??

Why did Anderson not want to face legit competition at light heavyweight? Was he scared he would get absolutely starched? If any of you are gonna say 'wahh wahh Forrest just lost the championship in his last fight!' just dont. Forrest is not a good fighter. He pulled 2 miracles out of his ass during his career, one the first shogun fight, two the rampage fight. When Forrest wasnt pulling miracles out of his ass he was running from the cage crying that he lost.

So what gives? Why did Anderson never challenge real competition at light heavyweight?

Anderson Silva is BY FAR the GOAT at moving up in weight classes.

He moved up from Welterweight to Middleweight where he became one of the greatest of all times. I never found anything even remotely sensible in him having to move up ANOTHER weight class.

What other GOAT candidates have ever moved UP in weight class and been as dominate as Silva? I mean there is a sort of round a bout argument for Fedor since he was an undersized HW, but compare Silva's moving up accomplishment to the other GOATS and it's freaking incredible.

And Patrick cote??

Yap...guy cleared everyone in his path and avenged his losses but hes a Duck alright lmao...

If GSPs a duck so is andy for not fighting jones or any LHW champion then...
Cote lost two straight fights after he fought Anderson LOL

Try again, junior.

An all time great? No. But he was pretty good when the LHW division was absolutely stacked with killers (Shogun, Machida,Rampage,Rashad) and fought well up until round 3 of the Rashad fight. I understand people give him shit for how bad he looked against Anderson but he was steadily declining by that point (getting KO'd in sparring) if he were in his prime vs the LHW today I'd say he beats everyone except Jones and maybe Gus
Today when the top comp is guys like smith, Gus and volkan?

Maybe, I think Gus and volkan beat Forrest, he may have a chance vs Smith.

Cote lost two straight fights after he fought Anderson LOL

Try again, junior.

Ok..but he was a MW from GSPs camp...that was my only point that he had teamates...at MW during anderson reign

Also good job avoiding the rest of my post casual

Same reason why gsp didnt fight anderson. Too much factors against him and he did not have to do it. Nothing wrong with either case. But those people who give gsp shit for it and praise anderson need to stfu.
Thread saved. With legit neutral rationalisation.

<Wink>

I owe you a solid.

Prime Griffin one fight removed from champion > retirement one eyed bisping
Lol no way. How is that possible when Forrest got blitzed by Anderson and bisping beat up Anderson?

Better yet..Why didnt anderson fight jones..
Gsp and Anderson started in the same era and had concurrent dominant title runs

Silva was getting old by the time Jones became an established champion

It’s not rocket science...are you being serious?

I have never understood why the fearless Anderson Silva never jumped up to light heavyweight and faced the champ.

He sure faced stiff competition in light heavyweight being none other than James Irvin
20100320050418_img_9166_medium.jpg
and the two TUF season one finalists... How impressive is that!!??

Why did Anderson not want to face legit competition at light heavyweight? Was he scared he would get absolutely starched? If any of you are gonna say 'wahh wahh Forrest just lost the championship in his last fight!' just dont. Forrest is not a good fighter. He pulled 2 miracles out of his ass during his career, one the first shogun fight, two the rampage fight. When Forrest wasnt pulling miracles out of his ass he was running from the cage crying that he lost.

So what gives? Why did Anderson never challenge real competition at light heavyweight?
giphy.gif

Your obsession with Anderson Silva troll threads is sad

Lol no way. How is that possible when Forrest got blitzed by Anderson and bisping beat up Anderson?
Because a minor 7 years and a shin snapped in half separate those two Anderson performances...it’s not rocket science

Troll harder brah

Back