Why didnt Anderson face the reigning LHW champ when he was the MW champ?

Gsp and Anderson started in the same era and had concurrent dominant title runs

Silva was getting old by the time Jones became an established champion

It’s not rocket science...are you being serious?

Are you serious...there was champions before jones? Why didnt he challenge them then?..

Its comes down to this..if your going to call GSP a ducker ..then call Andy one too..otherwise keep your mouth shut..as GSP did eventually move up and win a title something andy never did..IDC the circumstances..a wins a win..a champion is a champion..bisping didnt cheat to get his belt he won it off of cockhold fair and sqaure and GSP beat him..enough with this ducking shit

I have never understood why the fearless Anderson Silva never jumped up to light heavyweight and faced the champ.

He sure faced stiff competition in light heavyweight being none other than James Irvin
20100320050418_img_9166_medium.jpg
and the two TUF season one finalists... How impressive is that!!??

Why did Anderson not want to face legit competition at light heavyweight? Was he scared he would get absolutely starched? If any of you are gonna say 'wahh wahh Forrest just lost the championship in his last fight!' just dont. Forrest is not a good fighter. He pulled 2 miracles out of his ass during his career, one the first shogun fight, two the rampage fight. When Forrest wasnt pulling miracles out of his ass he was running from the cage crying that he lost.

So what gives? Why did Anderson never challenge real competition at light heavyweight?
Because he barely spoke English and had nothing but a Burger King sponsorship in America he would never have been granted that. It was something they could se the uber marketable GSP was being granted because of who he was and how marketable he was.

Anderson considered the LHW belt to belong to Machida before Machida won it, plus he had a ton of contenders in MW. By the time Machida lost it he was in the whole Sonnen rivalry and then Jon Jones got the belt. It was mostly a timing thing.

Today when the top comp is guys like smith, Gus and volkan?

Maybe, I think Gus and volkan beat Forrest, he may have a chance vs Smith.
I disagree. Smith is a can and would crumble under the guys Forrest had to deal with. Volkan has shown enough inexperience on the ground to convince me he'd get dominated, Gus is a toss up for me mainly due to similar size

I have never understood why the fearless Anderson Silva never jumped up to light heavyweight and faced the champ.

He sure faced stiff competition in light heavyweight being none other than James Irvin
20100320050418_img_9166_medium.jpg
and the two TUF season one finalists... How impressive is that!!??

Why did Anderson not want to face legit competition at light heavyweight? Was he scared he would get absolutely starched? If any of you are gonna say 'wahh wahh Forrest just lost the championship in his last fight!' just dont. Forrest is not a good fighter. He pulled 2 miracles out of his ass during his career, one the first shogun fight, two the rampage fight. When Forrest wasnt pulling miracles out of his ass he was running from the cage crying that he lost.

So what gives? Why did Anderson never challenge real competition at light heavyweight?

To be fair to GSP, Anderson, etc, no one was doing champ champ fights back then except BJ and even then arguably not

Are you serious...there was champions before jones? Why didnt he challenge them then?..

Its comes down to this..if your going to call GSP a ducker ..then call Andy one too..otherwise keep your mouth shut..as GSP did eventually move up and win a title something andy never did..IDC the circumstances..a wins a win..a champion is a champion..bisping didnt cheat to get his belt he won it off of cockhold fair and sqaure and GSP beat him..enough with this ducking shit
23F649C6-B0CB-4906-A5A3-76F848384227.png

timestamped.

Dana promises he'll make the Jones/Silva fight with money, obviously he didn't have enough money and it is pretty clear by Anderson's reaction he wants no part of Jones.

Because a minor 7 years and a shin snapped in half separate those two Anderson performances...it’s not rocket science

Troll harder brah
lol.

no.

admit forrest is a bum and anderson didnt want none of the top light heavyweight fighters because he was scared.

timestamped.

Dana promises he'll make the Jones/Silva fight with money, obviously he didn't have enough money and it is pretty clear by Anderson's reaction he wants no part of Jones.

damn anderson legit shook right there.

Thanks for posting this.

i actually respect Anderson for admitting Jones is a motherfucker instead of doing the GSP and always making up bullshit excuses why you can't fight Anderson.

it's ok, everyone has a boogeyman in their life, and Jon Jones is Anderson Silva's. GSP should just admit Anderson Silva is his.

Here we go folks.

Anderson is literally shook by the idea of going up to fight the light heavy weight champ, video thanks to @Pancake Sprawl

i actually respect Anderson for admitting Jones is a motherfucker instead of doing the GSP and always making up bullshit excuses why you can't fight Anderson.

it's ok, everyone has a boogeyman in their life, and Jon Jones is Anderson Silva's. GSP should just admit Anderson Silva is his.
in retrospect, shouldnt bisping be andersons boogeyman and gsp smashed him?

just some food for thought.

in retrospect, shouldnt bisping be andersons boogeyman and gsp smashed him?

just some food for thought.

nah. Anderson was afraid to fight Jones, and GSP is afraid to fight Anderson. they both weren't afraid of ol' Bisping tho haha

Back