Why didn’t the fighters sue Conor

StreetJudas

No Belt
Banned
Reaction score
After the bus incident. I heard once they still decided to still fight on the card they couldn’t sue and ufc knew that and pressured them to. Is that true?

UFC/Dana probably “strongly discouraged” it, or McGregor Inc. paid some proactive settlement money which seems to be his MO.

EDIT: Keep in mind this whole thing was a staged angle. UFC employees are on video briefing Conor and the crew and leading them to the bus (where camera crews just happened to be perfectly set up).

Last edited:
"Hi Dana, I'm suing Conor."
"Great, by the way, we're going to offer you shit fights and make your life a living hell so you don't earn any money. Oh and enjoy the time and money you're going to spend on everything."

Mike Chiesa talked a big game and he had a point. If he hadn't been cut by glass, he logically would have fought Khabib for the vacant title, since he was higher ranked than Ragin Al. Fighter Kevin Lee probably "talked" to his mom and convinced him to drop the whole thing.

Publicly suing people is wimpy as hell.

It's a really strange cultural thing in the US.

Does it happen elsewhere?

Anyway, I'm kinda glad they didn't, but that's on the basis they received some damages anyway.

These things should always happen behind closed doors, and if there's no permanent damage done you simply don't need to sue people for millions.

EDIT: Keep in mind this whole thing was a staged angle. UFC employees are on video briefing Conor and the crew and leading them to the bus (where camera crews just happened to be perfectly set up).
Do you have a link to this by chance? Sounds made up.

I think a couple were going to. Don't know anything else about it.

Do you have a link to this by chance? Sounds made up.

I saw the video, UFC’s VP of communications is showing Conor and gang to the elevator and talking/laughing with them. Can’t find it now, UFC probably scrubbed it. Khabib also said the bus was in motion but suddenly stopped right before the attack started.

UFC/Dana probably “strongly discouraged” it, or McGregor Inc. paid some proactive settlement money which seems to be his MO.

Makes sense, this explains why Conor was arrested, right?

Publicly suing people is wimpy as hell.

It's a really strange cultural thing in the US.

Does it happen elsewhere?

Anyway, I'm kinda glad they didn't, but that's on the basis they received some damages anyway.

These things should always happen behind closed doors, and if there's no permanent damage done you simply don't need to sue people for millions.
Chiesa literally lost money because of what Conor did after he was cut by the incident and no longer medically allowed to fight his opponent.

Losing money sounds like a pretty good reason to be looking for money.

dana-white-austin-powers.gif

Back