Why didn’t the fighters sue Conor

What's there to sue over? Their contracts say they only get paid when the fight starts. Not before. Intent to fight =/= actually did fight. Their contracts are based on the latter, not the former. There's no clause saying you get a portion of your purse for showing up for fight week. The clause is you get your purse when you actually fight. AKA he didn't take any wages away from anybody.

Combine that with the fact that Conor no doubt has better lawyers than any of them, the UFC was backing him, he has the kind of fuck you money to bury them in legal fees, and possibly offered hush money, and of course it went nowhere.

Chiesa literally lost money because of what Conor did after he was cut by the incident and no longer medically allowed to fight his opponent.

Losing money sounds like a pretty good reason to be looking for money.

Except he didn't literally lose money. His contract is that he only gets paid when the fight starts.

"Show money" doesn't mean "showing up to fight week".

Except he didn't literally lose money. His contract is that he only gets paid when the fight starts.

"Show money" doesn't mean "showing up to fight week".
Are you retarded?

If you have a wage job and I injured your leg and you can no longer go to work as a result of what I did to your leg, you can sue me for damages and you would win. You normally wouldn't receive pay unless you clocked in, but because of what I did to your leg I was directly responsible for you being unable to clock into your job. As a result of said incident I can be sued for the amount of hours you would or did miss.
Damages are monetary awards. In in a legal sense, “damages” refers to monetary compensation that is claimed by a person or awarded by a court in a civil action to a person who has been injured or suffered loss because of the wrongful conduct of another party
That is what happened to Chiesa... this isn't complicated stuff.

Last edited:
Obviously it got out of control. Explains why Conor got off with zero charges, fines, or anything of consequence

Mr big brain, that isn’t even true lmfao.
He pled guilty and had to pay some minor fines, community service, and anger management.

If it was staged, than he wouldn’t have been charged. Now if he ever wants to travel to countries like Canada, he has to get permission from these countries before he can enter.

Even more important, some fighters, like Chiesa and Borg I believe, filed civil suits against him. Once again, if it was staged, the truth would have most def came out.

Dana probably gave them some additional poverty wage for them not to.

I remember the Anatomy of a Fighter guy giving away that footage for free, probably thinking hes gonna score some big points with the UFC and get some serious gigs, only for the UFC to say “thanks pal now fuck off”
Or at least thats what I heard the last time he spoke about it, dunno if he got something for it in the meantime.

Interesting, I didn’t know NDAs can prohibit evidence and testimony from being introduced in a civil or criminal trial!

Thank you for enlightening me with your massive iq and big brain!

NDA’s as part of settlements to keep claims out of courts/trials, obviously. Not sure how much more you need spelled out

Publicly suing people is wimpy as hell.

It's a really strange cultural thing in the US.

Does it happen elsewhere?

Anyway, I'm kinda glad they didn't, but that's on the basis they received some damages anyway.

These things should always happen behind closed doors, and if there's no permanent damage done you simply don't need to sue people for millions.
There are other ways to settle this kine stuff

UFC/Dana probably “strongly discouraged” it, or McGregor Inc. paid some proactive settlement money which seems to be his MO.

EDIT: Keep in mind this whole thing was a staged angle. UFC employees are on video briefing Conor and the crew and leading them to the bus (where camera crews just happened to be perfectly set up).

Yeah its bullshit that Dana denied that it was a staged incident to hype up the event. Maybe the UFC wasn't expecting Conor to throw things at the bus and get people hurt from it but whatever it was, it backfired back on the UFC.

It would mean having to stop fighting until it got ironed out,and of course the UFC would look very unfavorably on them for doing so. I am sure they were all given compensation under the table to not do that. Its all good though Khabib revenged them all in short order.

UFC/Dana probably “strongly discouraged” it, or McGregor Inc. paid some proactive settlement money which seems to be his MO.

EDIT: Keep in mind this whole thing was a staged angle. UFC employees are on video briefing Conor and the crew and leading them to the bus (where camera crews just happened to be perfectly set up).
I can believe all that but,I dont believe they expected or wanted him to throw the dolly and the glass to shatter and cause 3 fights to be cancelled. I think it went further than they wanted.

Borg and Chiesa are really the only ones that had a case against Conor.
Rose was grief sticken and her ptsd was triggered. She was in counselling for months
Until the check came in and then she was ok

Honestly people tell me the same thing that I should just sue my trolls as if I have not talked to dozens of fuckin lawyers already.

After the bus incident. I heard once they still decided to still fight on the card they couldn’t sue and ufc knew that and pressured them to. Is that true?
Several of them COULDN'T fight on the card, so Conor was sued. He obviously settled out of court. So, no, not true. Cheisa, alone, sued him for $50 million.

Back