Why didn’t the fighters sue Conor

Maybe it’s fighter pride, maybe Conor would be able to afford better lawyers.

Who knows?

If money can hush multiple instances of anal rape that are recorded at a police station immediately after the act, complete with a full-on rape kit gathering evidence... it sure as hell can hush a few shards of glass in eyes. Especially when you factor in the corrupt org you work for is pressuring you to be a good slave and not raise a fuss about the criminal activity.

UFC/Dana probably “strongly discouraged” it, or McGregor Inc. paid some proactive settlement money which seems to be his MO.

EDIT: Keep in mind this whole thing was a staged angle. UFC employees are on video briefing Conor and the crew and leading them to the bus (where camera crews just happened to be perfectly set up).
@Only Here for Attachments is the voice of reason, and always is right on with the truth

They probably were paid and had to sign NDAs.

Chiesa literally lost money because of what Conor did after he was cut by the incident and no longer medically allowed to fight his opponent.

I've always assumed Chiesa had a conversation with Dana.. "Yeah, you're pissed, so here's $80k to shut the fuck up."

UFC/Dana probably “strongly discouraged” it, or McGregor Inc. paid some proactive settlement money which seems to be his MO.

EDIT: Keep in mind this whole thing was a staged angle. UFC employees are on video briefing Conor and the crew and leading them to the bus (where camera crews just happened to be perfectly set up).
Do you have a link to that? Thank you.

After the bus incident. I heard once they still decided to still fight on the card they couldn’t sue and ufc knew that and pressured them to. Is that true?

Where you "heard" that ? (Not that i think that it would be impossible though)

"Hi Dana, I'm suing Conor."
"Great, by the way, we're going to offer you shit fights and make your life a living hell so you don't earn any money. Oh and enjoy the time and money you're going to spend on everything."
nailed it

Publicly suing people is wimpy as hell.

It's a really strange cultural thing in the US.

Does it happen elsewhere?

Anyway, I'm kinda glad they didn't, but that's on the basis they received some damages anyway.

These things should always happen behind closed doors, and if there's no permanent damage done you simply don't need to sue people for millions.
How exactly do you propose suing the most famous UFC fighter without it becoming public? Can't wait to hear this.

I’m guessing Dana White had to break out the money to make it go away

What's there to sue over? Their contracts say they only get paid when the fight starts. Not before. Intent to fight =/= actually did fight. Their contracts are based on the latter, not the former. There's no clause saying you get a portion of your purse for showing up for fight week. The clause is you get your purse when you actually fight. AKA he didn't take any wages away from anybody.

Combine that with the fact that Conor no doubt has better lawyers than any of them, the UFC was backing him, he has the kind of fuck you money to bury them in legal fees, and possibly offered hush money, and of course it went nowhere.

Except he didn't literally lose money. His contract is that he only gets paid when the fight starts.

"Show money" doesn't mean "showing up to fight week".
Damn, the failure is STRONG with these, lol. Oh cool, I don't have to reply, it's already been done...

Are you retarded?

If you have a wage job and I injured your leg and you can no longer go to work as a result of what I did to your leg, you can sue me for damages and you would win. You normally wouldn't receive pay unless you clocked in, but because of what I did to your leg I was directly responsible for you being unable to clock into your job. As a result of said incident I can be sued for the amount of hours you would or did miss.

Publicly suing people is wimpy as hell.

It's a really strange cultural thing in the US.

Does it happen elsewhere?

Anyway, I'm kinda glad they didn't, but that's on the basis they received some damages anyway.

These things should always happen behind closed doors, and if there's no permanent damage done you simply don't need to sue people for millions.

Whatchoo mean publicly? If someone is a huge media star -the press will grab the story and promote it.

You have to prove damages to win a lawsuit, Chiesa was the only one that had a case and he did sue.

NDA’s as part of settlements to keep claims out of courts/trials, obviously. Not sure how much more you need spelled out

Hold on, I am actually very curious. What in the actual f*** are you talking about?

I said Conor got in trouble, he had to stand in front of a criminal court and people brought suits against him in civil court.
When Conor was in criminal court, the things you alleged would 100% come out.

Your response to this was “ndas wud prevent it from coming out”

Now you are changing the response and saying NDAs would have prevented the trial in the first place?

How tf does this make any sense, he already stood in front of a judge

Hold on, I am actually very curious. What in the actual f*** are you talking about?

I said Conor got in trouble, he had to stand in front of a criminal court and people brought suits against him in civil court.
When Conor was in criminal court, the things you alleged would 100% come out.

Your response to this was “ndas wud prevent it from coming out”

Now you are changing the response and saying NDAs would have prevented the trial in the first place?

How tf does this make any sense, he already stood in front of a judge

But none of this went to trial because it was all settled out of court. People/companies want to avoid court as much as possible because that’s all public record unless sealed, which I wouldn’t put past UFC. NDA’s are very common in settlement terms.

Waiting for your response a week from today <Lmaoo>

Last edited:
Back