WHY didn’t Cowboy take the double when Conor telegraphed his initial Left Hand???

It was the thigh, and even more so that put him in PERFECT position to drive a double...

ql9YDL3.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif
You're comparing the soldier of God's take down to Donald bologna c'mon man

Him not hitting this takedown is the main thing that gets me a touch suspicious on this fight. I know he copped the thigh to the head, but that takedown has been Cerrone's bread and butter.

9/10 times Cowboy drops down, wraps the legs and takes it to the ground. This is the most suspicious thing in the fight for me.

Because you need two arms to secure a takedown and conor was controlling the bicep to prevent double unders. Getting a takedown isn't as easy as people make out.

I know people are suspicious and honestly this is one of the few fights where I actually agree a case can be made for it looking suspicious.

However, I do gotta give Cowboy the benefit of the doubt simply because he is a choker. He chokes in all his big fights, dude just gets blasted and doesn't know wtf to do. Cowboy was even talking about it in the lead up that he doesn't show up to the big fights, but this time he was. Same shit tho, he got destroyed.

Lmao if you're going to post dumb shit you shouldn't post a gif that disproves what you're saying

-cerrones left foot stepped backwards to absorb the momentum, he was moving backwards and got his feet knocked square. he didnt stay planted in a folk style stance

-cerrones right arm went to wrap around conors leg but went short and inside the leg because his momentum was moving backwards

-by the time he braced himself to stop his backwards momentum conor already brought his hand down to fish for a crossface or underhook if cerrone shot

You cant shoot a fast double with that much backwards momentum, 99% of wrestlers would have to take a drop step to plant and drive into it

Only a keyboard warrior could make this observations lmao embarrassing

The fact that you’re getting personal like some scorned woman doesn’t mean anything, you’re essentially talking circles without getting to any point lol.

1. At WHAT point in that gif are Cowboys feet square??? Please tell me where in your make believe world do you see that??

2. Cowboy has his head on Conor’s LEFT hip meaning his LEFT hand is the priority to grapevine Conor’s right leg, which he DOESNT even attempt to do... instead he shoots it right up to do the WEAKEST overunder on Conor possible.

3. Again, even AFTER the shot look at that PATHETIC clinch work from Cowboy... what’s preventing Cowboy from driving that left underhook on Conor??? Conor’s “masterful” manlet-level overhook riding low on Cowboys ELBOW?

Please think through your argument instead of arguing for the sake of it.

<36>

Him not hitting this takedown is the main thing that gets me a touch suspicious on this fight. I know he copped the thigh to the head, but that takedown has been Cerrone's bread and butter.

9/10 times Cowboy drops down, wraps the legs and takes it to the ground. This is the most suspicious thing in the fight for me.

Other than shifting his head towards Conor's left hand and head kick instead of the other way?

Or how about when he turtled and did nothing? Or the clinch with the underhook he did nothing with?

I picked Conor to win this fight, but being a longtime connoisseur of this sport I’m fully aware of Cowboys abilities and I’ve seen him take that shot DOZENS of times...

So again I ask WHY Cowboy hit a perfect level change and opted for a high clinch when Conor rushed him out the gate and overextended with that left hand???

Was Cowboy “incentivized” not to grapple or fight a certain way? Even when he was in trouble he never once attempted a grappling exchange.

<TheWire1>
He actually inadvertently got clipped by a knee while he ducked the left which I believe stunned him.

He ate a fucking knee and got stunned. Are you fucking blind or dumb ?

Being slightly stunned stops high level mma fighters from trying for a takedown that's right there?

I guess takedowns only occur in pure grappling matches.

Because you need two arms to secure a takedown and conor was controlling the bicep to prevent double unders. Getting a takedown isn't as easy as people make out.

Two arms? Not necessarily, if you hit a good level change you essentially just need your head and the arm in the direction you’re driving in. It’s a common wrestling drill. Cowboys head was in ideal position to drive, he just never made an effort to take Conor down.

Cowboy actually tried to do what everyone was saying he should do and people are still shit talking him and talking bout dives...

He's been limping all week. He came into the fight with a bum leg. Can't shoot takedowns with 1 leg. He would have pulled out due to injury for any other fight but this was red panty night.

that would explain his absolute lack of lateral movement and walking straight forward like a damn idiot.

Being slightly stunned stops high level mma fighters from trying for a takedown that's right there?

I guess takedowns only occur in pure grappling matches.

Maybe he wasn't slightly stunned. Maybe he was out of position. Maybe he was simply a miscaculation. This isn't just Black and white.

Because he didn't have a good opportunity to do so. Cowboy definitely was not expecting Conor to fly across the octagon like that and when Conor was in the air it took him less than a second to get back an the ground and secure the clinch and shoulder the shit out of cowboys face

You try to talk as if you know something about fighting, but It just shows that you have a sub par understanding of it.

Honestly, that’s an awful first punch attempt from Conor. I think Masvidal landing that knee on Askren gave many fighters the idea that they too can land a ko blow in seconds, when in fairness, there was an element of luck to Masvidals.

I think the thigh landing fucked him tbh. It wasn’t intended but Conor jumped into that punch cowboy ducked into his thigh. If it buzzed him which I believe it did it explains doing nothing in the clinch and why he thought he was being elbowed.

Honestly, that’s an awful first punch attempt from Conor. I think Masvidal landing that knee on Askren gave many fighters the idea that they too can land a ko blow in seconds, when in fairness, there was an element of luck to Masvidals.
It was but I believe with a stroke of luck with the thigh landing hard it is what won him the fight.

Back