WHY didn’t Cowboy take the double when Conor telegraphed his initial Left Hand???

ah yes a bunch of gifs where they dont eat a shot on the jaw and then they finish the double, you make such a strong argument
<6>

With the way cowboy reacted its weird. If he was ducking to grab a takedown, unless the knee knocked him out, he was going to grab it. Cerrone looks like he consciously decided to not go for the takedown mid attempt. Like oh no i better not drive an actual takedown.

Last edited:
Him not hitting this takedown is the main thing that gets me a touch suspicious on this fight. I know he copped the thigh to the head, but that takedown has been Cerrone's bread and butter.

9/10 times Cowboy drops down, wraps the legs and takes it to the ground. This is the most suspicious thing in the fight for me.

He ate a fucking knee and got stunned. Are you fucking blind or dumb ?

Cowboy told everyone months ago that he had no intention of grappling in this fight.

With the way cowboy reacted its weird. If he was ducking to grab a takedown, unless the knee knicked him out, he was going to grab it. Cerrone looks like he consciously decided to not go for the takedown mid attempt. Like oh no i better not drive an actual takedown.

If you watch cowboy fights, he shoots the takedown and if its easy he takes it. It's pretty rare to see him fully commit. Watch his past fights and you'll see it. That's why he's got "underrated wrestling". When he times the shot perfectly it's there but if something messes with his timing he always has abandoned it.

IIRC the cote fight was a good example of that.

He also did nothing when in the clinch and was eating the "shoulder shots". He did nothing in general except just showing up to the fight.

facts nothing but facts

I picked Conor to win this fight, but being a longtime connoisseur of this sport I’m fully aware of Cowboys abilities and I’ve seen him take that shot DOZENS of times...

So again I ask WHY Cowboy hit a perfect level change and opted for a high clinch when Conor rushed him out the gate and overextended with that left hand???

Was Cowboy “incentivized” not to grapple or fight a certain way? Even when he was in trouble he never once attempted a grappling exchange.

<TheWire1>
Yep looked pretty strange. He didnt even try to strike either. He could have at least attempted a trip from clinch, or anything as opposed to doing absolutely nothing. It was like he got paid by ufc or even conor...to not inflict any damage on Conor. Cowboy took all that damage from tony...his face was mashed...yet he wanted to continue...buy against those deadly shoulder shrugs...he couldnt take it.. when everyone says...I have never seen that before....its not the shoulder shrugs no one has seen....its the getting damaged from them to the point you dont even fight back...wtf. u havent seen it be4 because its bullshit. Yes his nose was already damaged goods from Tony, but still...he was in the clinch that he chose to go high on when the td was set up and waiting...then didnt even try to do a trip...which was also wide open. Was not legit looking to me at all.

Who threw it better?

PI2Hlzj.gif

Yu0WLeN.gif
man if CM followed up with a knee he would have won

Him not hitting this takedown is the main thing that gets me a touch suspicious on this fight. I know he copped the thigh to the head, but that takedown has been Cerrone's bread and butter.

9/10 times Cowboy drops down, wraps the legs and takes it to the ground. This is the most suspicious thing in the fight for me.

this is what makes it fishy ....if he was "Rocked" he didnt try to fight for the clinch or takedown, the trip was there as connor goes backwards, Cowboys feet are right there...instead getting hurt by a fucking shoulder punch.... Im not saying it was fixed....but i mean this was what everyone thought would happen connor beats him in the early rounds and can be replacement for Khabib/tony

It was the thigh, and even more so that put him in PERFECT position to drive a double...

ql9YDL3.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

How the fuck are any of those even remotely like the Conor and Cerrone one? Not even in the same fucking positions.

Your a mess just go to bed kiddo.

Why didn't he block the fuckin' high kick (as a Muay Thai guy)? He put his hands down to block a body kick instead of blocking the high kick and then countering.

Why didn't he throw an elbow out of the clinch when he had it clear as day?

Not throwing the elbow off the clinch, especially since he had the top elbow position pissed me off.

For a Muay Thai fighter to have the dominant top position not the throw the elbow after breaking the clinch was really bad to the point of me thinking he wasn't even trying to truly win.

Last edited:
I picked Conor to win this fight, but I’m fully aware of Cowboys abilities and I’ve seen him take that shot DOZENS of times...

So again I ask WHY Cowboy hit a perfect level change and opted for a high clinch when Conor rushed him out the gate and overextended with that left hand???

Was Cowboy “incentivized” not to grapple or fight a certain way? Even when he was in trouble he never once attempted a grappling exchange.

<TheWire1>
"being a longtime connoisseur of this sport"

You're a fucking dork. LOL at anyone who writes like that.

Yep looked pretty strange. He didnt even try to strike either. He could have at least attempted a trip from clinch, or anything as opposed to doing absolutely nothing. It was like he got paid by ufc or even conor...to not inflict any damage on Conor. Cowboy took all that damage from tony...his face was mashed...yet he wanted to continue...buy against those deadly shoulder shrugs...he couldnt take it.. when everyone says...I have never seen that before....its not the shoulder shrugs no one has seen....its the getting damaged from them to the point you dont even fight back...wtf. u havent seen it be4 because its bullshit. Yes his nose was already damaged goods from Tony, but still...he was in the clinch that he chose to go high on when the td was set up and waiting...then didnt even try to do a trip...which was also wide open. Was not legit looking to me at all.

Cerrone is the taller fighter too no real reason a muay thai guy should be getting blasted by more than one shoulder strike at a time or leaning into it like he did.

Why didn't he block the fuckin' high kick (as a Muay Thai guy)? He put his hands down to block a body kick instead of blocking the high kick and then countering.
of all the strange things he did, that was the one that had me scratching my head the most too. granted cerrone doesn't like body shots, but almost any fighter would put his arm up to his head there in case the kick goes high. cerrone just freezes in big fights.

The force of conors knee knocked his momentum backwards, just like when you stuff a takedown with a crossface and push your hips into it

If you have wrestled a day in your life you wouldnt have to ask this lmao
There was no force behind the thigh "strike", Donald just didn't try to take him down. He shoves his hand between Connors legs instead of swinging outside for the double. Not very believable and amateurish looking for a guy who has done it over and over

All of you guys saying "OMG he didnt even TRY to go for the takedown.

Look at Cerrones right hand. He IS trying to get his hand behind Conors left leg but he misses it. How fucking stupid are you guys? Some of you must have single digit IQ or never trained once in your life.

Brasilwand has a low IQ he also thinks he trains. Guy is a delusional Conor hater.

He also did nothing when in the clinch and was eating the "shoulder shots". He did nothing in general except just showing up to the fight.
its not a video game. you are getting hit by conor

Back