WHY didn’t Cowboy take the double when Conor telegraphed his initial Left Hand???

Because Cowboy is not a wrestler and doesn't deal well with pressure, while Conor is the greatest fighter to ever walk the earth.

A) Cowboy is a man of his word: Conor gifted him millions and he promised to keep it standing, which he did.
B) That said, as some1 else pointed out, he ate a knee and Conor sprawled quickly and then the shellders came a coming.

Conor has been working on is game, was a brown belt five years ago and has been rolling with world champ jitz guys. It'd be silly to think he did not improve in every aspect of his game. Khabib is a terrible litmus test for anyone, and I've no reason to not believe that Conor was not f'ing off, looked and sounded like a different man too.

Hah, he got kneed, then realized Conor felt like a brick wall.. then suddenly he was getting blasted by shoulder strikes, something Conor has never thrown in the clinch..

Khabib just barely got Conor down in the first round, he looked like he was tree years old grappling Abdulmanop before he managed to get him down

All of you guys saying "OMG he didnt even TRY to go for the takedown.

Look at Cerrones right hand. He IS trying to get his hand behind Conors left leg but he misses it. How fucking stupid are you guys? Some of you must have single digit IQ or never trained once in your life.

I agree...but it was rather surprising that he didn't manage a better opportunity, given the extent to which Conor missed and overextended, and given that Cowboy presumably have been game planning for just that kind of opening.

Glad I am not the only one rolling their eyes at Cowboy's awful freezing in the clinch.

Barely hung on to Conor and let him tee off with those stupid shoulder strikes.

Cerrone is the taller fighter too no real reason a muay thai guy should be getting blasted by more than one shoulder strike at a time or leaning into it like he did.
Yeah the MT clinch, which I'm sure he is well versed in, is like a natural first response when they get in that position...donald...just stand and do nothing...good plan.

The force of conors knee knocked his momentum backwards, just like when you stuff a takedown with a crossface and push your hips into it

If you have wrestled a day in your life you wouldnt have to ask this lmao

Lol you CLEARLY don’t know what you’re talking about. I hate busting e-creds but I’ve been grappling since I was a kid.

1. Cowboys BASE was not compromised one bit from Conor’s thigh, his legs are still under him with his chest above his knees: TEXTBOOK Folkstyle stance lol

2. Conor’s ENTIRE torso was draped over Cerrones back and not once did he attempt to lock or even grapevine his hands LOL

3. Look at Cerrone after they clinch, he doesn’t even ATTEMPT to fight hands, drive his underhook, or even PUMMEL lol, it’s scandalous...

That’s either the sketchy or some of the DUMBEST fight IQ...

Yu0WLeN.gif

Why didn't he block the fuckin' high kick (as a Muay Thai guy)? He put his hands down to block a body kick instead of blocking the high kick and then countering.

Why didn't he throw an elbow out of the clinch when he had it clear as day?

Why didn't I pull out? When things are happening quickly and you are stunned sometimes you miss opportunities. He didn't take a dive bro. Also Cowboy gets finished from bodykicks so blocking the body isn't a surprise.

How the fuck are any of those even remotely like the Conor and Cerrone one? Not even in the same fucking positions.

Your a mess just go to bed kiddo.

I know you have some kind of weird crush on me for whatever reason but at least TRY to leave your weird little obsession behind and concentrate:

Cowboys hit that shot TONS of times in his career, and even when he doesn’t he at least uses a takedown attempt to set up his clinch.

Conor was SOOO FAR overextended it’s almost impossible NOT to take him down:

Yu0WLeN.gif

giphy.gif

Cowboy forgot to grapple overnight?

Lol you CLEARLY don’t know what you’re talking about. I hate busting e-creds but I’ve been grappling since I was a kid.

1. Cowboys BASE was not compromised one bit from Conor’s thigh, his legs are still under him with his chest above his knees: TEXTBOOK Folkstyle stance lol

2. Conor’s ENTIRE torso was draped over Cerrones back and not once did he attempt to lock or even grapevine his hands LOL

3. Look at Cerrone after they clinch, he doesn’t even ATTEMPT to fight hands, drive his underhook, or even PUMMEL lol, it’s scandalous...

That’s either the sketchy or some of the DUMBEST fight IQ...

Yu0WLeN.gif

Lmao if you're going to post dumb shit you shouldn't post a gif that disproves what you're saying

-cerrones left foot stepped backwards to absorb the momentum, he was moving backwards and got his feet knocked square. he didnt stay planted in a folk style stance

-cerrones right arm went to wrap around conors leg but went short and inside the leg because his momentum was moving backwards

-by the time he braced himself to stop his backwards momentum conor already brought his hand down to fish for a crossface or underhook if cerrone shot

You cant shoot a fast double with that much backwards momentum, 99% of wrestlers would have to take a drop step to plant and drive into it

Only a keyboard warrior could make this observations lmao embarrassing

Yeah the MT clinch, which I'm sure he is well versed in, is like a natural first response when they get in that position...donald...just stand and do nothing...good plan.
The guy got kneed in the head during the exchange and well Conor does train some grappling and fended him off in the clinch. Cracks me up how everytime Conor is able to defend a takedown it's also fixed

I picked Conor to win this fight, but being a longtime connoisseur of this sport I’m fully aware of Cowboys abilities and I’ve seen him take that shot DOZENS of times...

So again I ask WHY Cowboy hit a perfect level change and opted for a high clinch when Conor rushed him out the gate and overextended with that left hand???

Was Cowboy “incentivized” not to grapple or fight a certain way? Even when he was in trouble he never once attempted a grappling exchange.

<TheWire1>
Remember dana going crazy over elitexc paying the dude i forgot the name of to stand and bang with kimbo. Lmao went full circle

I picked Conor to win this fight, but being a longtime connoisseur of this sport I’m fully aware of Cowboys abilities and I’ve seen him take that shot DOZENS of times...

So again I ask WHY Cowboy hit a perfect level change and opted for a high clinch when Conor rushed him out the gate and overextended with that left hand???

Was Cowboy “incentivized” not to grapple or fight a certain way? Even when he was in trouble he never once attempted a grappling exchange.

<TheWire1>

He took a knee (not clean) when doing the level change, so he postured up. And that's all there is to it

People are fucking stupid goddamn haters . This fight was easy peasy and about as easy to predict as rain in Portland . Why Conor took it . Cowboy is a shell of himself who ALWAYS finds a way to keystone cop buffoon his way into a loss . AND shot fighters start to react to shots like they were stabbed with a knife to heart ; freeze like a deer in headlights . He didn’t react to those shoulder shots cause after the first one stunned him , the second and third sealed the deal plus the knee shook him Before that . Cowboy is and always will be “ I coulda been a contendah “ type fighter and with age and chin diminishing , is even more so. But ...Conor haters gonna hate .

<TheWire1>
Cowboy said he wasn't taking him down. He said he wasn't going to lay on him and wanted to make it exciting for the fans. Foolish ballsy move.

Back