WHY didn’t Cowboy take the double when Conor telegraphed his initial Left Hand???

Him not hitting this takedown is the main thing that gets me a touch suspicious on this fight. I know he copped the thigh to the head, but that takedown has been Cerrone's bread and butter.

9/10 times Cowboy drops down, wraps the legs and takes it to the ground. This is the most suspicious thing in the fight for me.

This is all the proof I need that it was fixed. Fans called this shit before it happened too. Cowboy tried to refute it.

Yep, didn't have anything to do with the knee (thigh?) to the chin. /s

why hit the takedown when khabib can do it in the rematch, right?

fuck this fight

You didn't see him take a shot on the chin?

man you conor haters need to get some of his big grandpa glasses he wears to the pressers

Pretty sure that knee had everything to do with it

he already made clear he didnt want to win the fight

He loses all fight awareness I'm his biggest fights. Nothing new.

It's like he finds a way to lose in big fights.

the perfect level change resulted in a knee on the jaw

It was the thigh, and even more so that put him in PERFECT position to drive a double...

ql9YDL3.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

It was the thigh, and even more so that put him in PERFECT position to drive a double...

ql9YDL3.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

ah yes a bunch of gifs where they dont eat a shot on the jaw and then they finish the double, you make such a strong argument
<6>

Well, if you look at the gif, Donald actually did try to grab his leg, but grabbed his balls instead.

The force of conors knee knocked his momentum backwards, just like when you stuff a takedown with a crossface and push your hips into it

If you have wrestled a day in your life you wouldnt have to ask this lmao

Why didn't he block the fuckin' high kick (as a Muay Thai guy)? He put his hands down to block a body kick instead of blocking the high kick and then countering.

Why didn't he throw an elbow out of the clinch when he had it clear as day?

In the postfihht interview he said it was elbows that broke his nose, which means he was too rocked to even know what he was getting hit with and you're mad he thought a headkick was gonna hit his body lmao

Him not hitting this takedown is the main thing that gets me a touch suspicious on this fight. I know he copped the thigh to the head, but that takedown has been Cerrone's bread and butter.

9/10 times Cowboy drops down, wraps the legs and takes it to the ground. This is the most suspicious thing in the fight for me.

All of you guys saying "OMG he didnt even TRY to go for the takedown.

Look at Cerrones right hand. He IS trying to get his hand behind Conors left leg but he misses it. How fucking stupid are you guys? Some of you must have single digit IQ or never trained once in your life.

Who threw it better?

PI2Hlzj.gif

Yu0WLeN.gif

PERFECT gif, you’re clutch my dude.

Cowboy has a PERFECT level change and look at him immediately reaching for the high clinch with his hands... doesn’t even ATTEMPT to drive or at LEAST grapevine or lock his hands...

Totally sketch my dude

I picked Conor to win this fight, but being a longtime connoisseur of this sport I’m fully aware of Cowboys abilities and I’ve seen him take that shot DOZENS of times...

So again I ask WHY Cowboy hit a perfect level change and opted for a high clinch when Conor rushed him out the gate and overextended with that left hand???

Was Cowboy “incentivized” not to grapple or fight a certain way? Even when he was in trouble he never once attempted a grappling exchange.

<TheWire1>

it was really strange...

At the very least, Conor was ripe to be securely clinched, if not taken down, when he badly whiffed and overextended...yet Cerrone seemed confused or caught completely off guard, and was WAAAAY too slow to react. Then he gets hit with a shoulder and does...nothing. Then gets his nose and eye smashed from...more shoulders? WTF?

That was the most bizarre lack of any appropriate reaction I've seen in recent memory in MMA...

Back