Why did UFC got rid of Kimbo if he brings ratings? They got CM Punk for same reason.

Cause he got exposed by Mitrione

and his fights suck if they go longer than 3 minutes

72rck6.gif

To be fair he did well while it lasted against Mitrione.
If you rewatch the fight its almost a little suprising given Meatheads current
status as a UFC hw. Kimbo seemed to be a better fighter back then

He might be able to spike ratings (pun intended) at Bellator but I doubt he'd help on the Fox cards by much...better they distanced themselves from him. He can pull ratings for them but look at the aftermath...horrible reviews on him and the entire freak show event itself

To be fair he did well while it lasted against Mitrione.
If you rewatch the fight its almost a little suprising given Meatheads current
status as a UFC hw. Kimbo seemed to be a better fighter back then
I agree. He didn't do as bad as most make out he did.

You can't say "because they wanted to look legitimate", because that doesn't even sound right when you think about the UFC and Dana White. CM Punk, Toney etc. prove that.

You cannot say that he was too weak to fight in the UFC either. They could match him up with bums for the rest of his life and he would still bring them money. Look at Bellator.
Even if he lost 5 in a row, so what, as long as he brings in the money, they wouldn't care if you like it or not, we can see it right now. If they don't want to cut someone they won't and you can't do shit about it.

Kimbo lost just 1 fight and got cut, makes little sense to me looking back on it now.

edit: UFC should have brought top 500 guy to fight Kimbo and just make money and make him a star out of fighting bums. He got himself to be a start by fighting bums in the first place, let's not forget that! lol! Nobody would care.
because at the time the ufc was still under the impression that mma/ufc was going to be a mainstream sport. remember how it was supposed to be bigger than the nfl in america and soccer worldwide?

They thought the brand was everything and stars were disposable pawns. The drop in ratings and ppv buys between the lesnar era and the rousey/conor era proved the ufc wrong. stars can be much bigger than the brand.

Because They knew leg kicks would destroy him he had no cartilage left in his knees....that said they could have used kimbo alot longer....what's a bigger story then a youtube street fighter making it to the ufc. Shit they should do cm punk vs Kimbo but kimbo doesn't train anymore because he still gets bread regardless.
Already happened.....they gave Sean Gannon a shot way back at UFC55.... he put a shit kicking on Kimbo in a street fight. He lost badly....

Schaub said on the podcast said that they wanted him to lose. He was put against Nelson for that reason.
He wasnt having good fights and lost to mitrione so the experiment was over. The fact that he still draws now is crazy,but i dont think they even expected that. In any case im glad they dont put him the ufc,the guy doesnt produce once the bell rings.

Back