Why did Nate lose so badly against Benson?

Alvarez, Khabib, and Fergeson would all do the same. Wrestlers with good sub defense are Diaz brothers kryptonite

That said 10 rounds Diaz would have won. Henderson didn't really win - time just ran out.

Strong, durable, great wrastling, hard to sub, great cardio, big heart, diverse striker on the feet. Benson is a well rounded beast.

Others have already said it, but all of Nate's signature wins are against guys he goaded into a boxing match. Cerrone, MJ, Conor...none of these guys diversified their attack.

Fighters who can utilize leg kicks and their grappling against Nate make him look like he doesn't belong. Bendo was throwing all kinds of unorthodox shit in that fight. He's really good.
He punched nate in the leg several times. Leg kicks dont win fights according to cecil peoples but them leg punched dang bro

Nate was on a 3 fight win streak which included big wins over Cerrone and Miller. He was looking refreshed after coming back from 170. Yet Benson made him look like he didn't belong.

Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

hendersondoazfight_2422977b.jpg

tumblr_merul52brG1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

image.JPG
Benson stayed on the outside and used low leg kicks to Nate's calf and thigh. He avoided the boxing range, staying all the way out or inside. In the clinch he took a few knees from Nate, but as Nate tired the takedowns became easy from there. Benson also used some strange setups for his left hand, once jabbing to Nate's thigh three times, then faking the jab to get Nate to react and landing the left for a knockdown. Nate seems susceptible to unorthodox attacks and setups that he doesn't see from boxers.

seems the general consensus is that bendo was pretty badass at the time

I just put that down to that GSP-like composure. He sticks to the gameplan no matter what, but I do agree. Sometimes you need to have faith in your skill set and believe you can finish someone. I know he did have 1 punch knockout power, but with the attacking arsenal he possessed I don't see why he couldn't put on a Joanna-like flurry to get the finish. He had cardio to burn!

I ask myself the same thing, Benson uses his cardio as a weapon much like the Diaz bros, he def would have had something left had he tried to finish IMO Then again he might not have had as much confidence in his striking like Conor does, wrestling and tae kwon do were his first martial arts. I know tae kwon do was Conor's too, but I think he has a natural affinity to striking, especially the boxing, he has a natural instinct to finish when he senses weakeness.

Benson stayed on the outside and used low leg kicks to Nate's calf and thigh. He avoided the boxing range, staying all the way out or inside. In the clinch he took a few knees from Nate, but as Nate tired the takedowns became easy from there. Benson also used some strange setups for his left hand, once jabbing to Nate's thigh three times, then faking the jab to get Nate to react and landing the left for a knockdown. Nate seems susceptible to unorthodox attacks and setups that he doesn't see from boxers.

When he got cracked by that overhand, he was never the same in the fight.

I'm kinda worried about him, he took some damage against Koreshnekov
yeah but, Patricio is a featherweight. bendo should handle him and hopefully catch some momentum again

Bad style match up, plus benson is just that good. Dethroning frankie is no small feat, even if the rematch was a clear robbery.
Yeah Benson is the fucking truth, son. Newbies just don't understand. Pettis had his number, but outside of that, Benson would have Rick Rolled anyone else, including Khabib in my opinion.

Couple different reasons. Number one probably being that Benson played it smart on the feet and stuck mainly to some heavy low kicks, he didn't try and trade punches with Nate, and when he dropped him he caught him with a big shot while Nate was coming forward. Second was that Benson is just a bigger, physically stronger dude with better wrestling, so with Diaz being unable to goad him into a shoot-out, he was more or less forced to play guard, with this obviously being a disadvantageous situation for almost anyone (specifically, he kept trying to go for leglocks with shallow leg control-- he really didn't have Benson in danger of being submitted at any point).

So basically, Benson did what anyone needs to do to beat a Diaz standing, and the skill differential on the ground wasn't big enough that Benson was going to get submitted without making a serious mistake.
He punched nate in the leg several times. Leg kicks dont win fights according to cecil peoples but them leg punched dang bro
The rationale behind the thigh jab is that you can use the level change to set up attacks off of it (which Benson did during the fight). It's also an extremely safe, hard to counter lead. It's not a bullshit technique by any means.

Everyone in this thread practically answered the question. Benson also has trained with both Nick & Nate a few times while they were in Bj Penns training camp so he had a feel for him.

Benson is great at getting in and out of range fast.

Nate was on a 3 fight win streak which included big wins over Cerrone and Miller. He was looking refreshed after coming back from 170. Yet Benson made him look like he didn't belong.

Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

hendersondoazfight_2422977b.jpg

tumblr_merul52brG1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

image.JPG

Benson hit him with a power punch directly on the eyeball early in the fight that hurt his vision badly.

Benson is so good he makes Nate Diaz look like a Bellator fighter? Don't think so. Out of all of Bensons title fights, his Nate Diaz one is his most dominant. Why?
Benson recently got tooled by a Bellator fighter... so.... let's just entertain the idea that Benson was on point that night or that Nate may have had a bad night.

Benson is so good he makes Nate Diaz look like a Bellator fighter? Don't think so. Out of all of Bensons title fights, his Nate Diaz one is his most dominant. Why?
he got punched in the eyeball and blinded early lol. That makes it hard to fight.

Back