Why did Nate lose so badly against Benson?

Rubberman1

John Rambo Life Lessons
@purple
Reaction score
Nate was on a 3 fight win streak which included big wins over Cerrone and Miller. He was looking refreshed after coming back from 170. Yet Benson made him look like he didn't belong.

Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

hendersondoazfight_2422977b.jpg

tumblr_merul52brG1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

image.JPG

Bad style match up, plus benson is just that good. Dethroning frankie is no small feat, even if the rematch was a clear robbery.

Because at the time, Benson was the best LW in the world.

Benson is really good, also a nightmare matchup for Nate. Doesn't stand and trade, is strong af, good wreslting and a weird form to punch.

Styles make fights + Bendo was the better fighter.
Also pre-USADA.

I think he eye gauged him with a Toothpick ( I know its shooped)

ZO8Z2Rn.jpg
ZO8Z2Rn.jpg
ZO8Z2Rn.jpg

Last edited:
Bad style match up, plus benson is just that good. Dethroning frankie is no small feat, even if the rematch was a clear robbery.

Benson is so good he makes Nate Diaz look like a Bellator fighter? Don't think so. Out of all of Bensons title fights, his Nate Diaz one is his most dominant. Why?

Nate loses to almost any good fighter who doesn't exclusively head hunt against him on the feet
Also Benson is a better fighter, and is basically tailor made to beat the fuck out of Nate

YOu really hit some points here but I would like to add that you can always.

He's a great fighter and had the right game plan.

Benson is good on the feet + the Wrasslin , always the Wrasslin with either Diaz

Ben Henderson was a top tier lightweight. One of the best ever. And Nate Diaz is not that good in comparison to be honest.

Benson is really good, also a nightmare matchup for Nate. Doesn't stand and trade, is strong af, good wreslting and a weird form to punch.

Pretty much this. None of the things Nate does well work with Benson's style.

To put it simply Benson has the perfect toolkit to beat Nate plus he looked fucking sharp in that fight.

Nate has shitty wrestling shitty defense against low kicks, and Bendo is more or less unsubable. It didn't take Nostradamus to predict the outcome of that fight.

As others have pointed out it is an ugly style matchup for Diaz. And also as others have said, head hunters... Especially those with small gas tanks are perfect for Diaz.

Basically I'm just here to agree with logical posts because it's Sunday and I'm almost out of beer

Benson schooled him. I need to rewatch that fight.

Back