Why did GSP struggle so much with Jake Shields?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the Jake Shields who beat Robbie Lawler, Akiyama and Dan Henderson?

That Jake Shields?

They forgot that this guy sent Mayhem packing. He beat Condit and Okami in one night. Tapped out Robbie Lawler and he defeated Dan Henderson. 6 years undefeated with 15 straight victories coming to that fight.

They forgot that this guy sent Mayhem packing. He beat Condit and Okami in one night. Tapped out Robbie Lawler and he defeated Dan Henderson. 6 years undefeated with 15 straight victories coming to that fight.
You guys trying to hype Shields as an all time great?

<Dany07>

You mean the Jake Shields who beat Robbie Lawler, Akiyama and Dan Henderson?

That Jake Shields?
when watching the hendo/shields fight, i went into thinking jake was gonna get absolulety destroyed. i could not believe what i witnessed that night. numerous full mounts on an olympic calibur wrestler. dont see that all the time. shields highly underrated even to this day.

lol this thread. Obvious answer is obvious. Everyone knows GSP was saying he couldn't see to his corner because of the eye pokes, and you could tell how much trouble GSP was having with his vision.

Nice try though. Twisting the narrative to fit your personal desire, no matter how obviously false, is the common thing today; TS is in the norm.

In the old days of Sherdog, I would think a thread like this was just trolling, but not these days; people really create a world of conspiracies and false narratives that confirm their own desires and beliefs these days. No evidence is necessary, just a desire to believe what you want to believe.

Shields had beaten Hendo BTW which is kind of funny given the defeat of Hendo by Anderson is a main reason often given for Silva as the ultimate GOAT.

I remember watching Shields on Bully Beatdown back in the day and it looked as if the Bully was getting the better of the stand up portion.

Shields had some of the worst, robotic, awkward striking a Pro fighter could have. Yet GSP, who is regarded as a GOAT candidate(not my me) around here struggled to do much with Jake.

GSP had the superior wrestling and FAR superior stand up when compared to Shields yet Shields busted GSP up and was never closed to getting finished by Georges.

GSP fanatics, explain.
ufc129_12_gsp_vs_shields_024_large.jpg
GSP fighting with one eye after the eye gouging may have had a little to do with it.

easy. gsp was scared as hell to be on the ground with shields. shields has far superior ground skills, and gsp didn't want to take the risk. it was gsp who wanted the fight on the feet. that helped jake a ton on the stand-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back