Why did GSP struggle so much with Jake Shields?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember watching Shields on Bully Beatdown back in the day and it looked as if the Bully was getting the better of the stand up portion.

Shields had some of the worst, robotic, awkward striking a Pro fighter could have. Yet GSP, who is regarded as a GOAT candidate(not my me) around here struggled to do much with Jake.

GSP had the superior wrestling and FAR superior stand up when compared to Shields yet Shields busted GSP up and was never closed to getting finished by Georges.

GSP fanatics, explain.
ufc129_12_gsp_vs_shields_024_large.jpg
I remember watching Shields on Bully Beatdown back in the day and it looked as if the Bully was getting the better of the stand up portion.

Shields had some of the worst, robotic, awkward striking a Pro fighter could have. Yet GSP, who is regarded as a GOAT candidate(not my me) around here struggled to do much with Jake.

GSP had the superior wrestling and FAR superior stand up when compared to Shields yet Shields busted GSP up and was never closed to getting finished by Georges.

GSP fanatics, explain.
ufc129_12_gsp_vs_shields_024_large.jpg
What fight did you watch? Shields never did a single thing other than poke Georges in the eyes. As far as Shields abilities I think wins over Henderson, Woodley, Maia, Lawler, and Condit (amongst others) speak for themselves. People are lucky he had no power in his hands.

Hey, Where You At, paella-eater @pankrat ?

View attachment 880209

Check this m´f´kah @ThunderSuck @ThunderStruck , now claimin´he knew ´bout that Fitch vs Joslin fight...
Can you believe such a cheap, shameless videogames nerd?

This nerd used that 16 winning streak argument like a dozen times in the last couple of days, maybe a hundred just last month.

Using a number without addressing level of competition is void and cheap but doing it while knowing such number isnt even legit? Like a dozen times by week? How coward, hypocrite and weak do you need to be??

LOL you are pathetic. If i remmeber well his lip was busted and thats why he asked about a timeout.

Funny that you need to call your retarded friend to come to your rescue though.

Do you think you three could disagree without the insults?

What fight did you watch? Shields never did a single thing other than poke Georges in the eyes. As far as Shields abilities I think wins over Henderson, Woodley, Maia, Lawler, and Condit (amongst others) speak for themselves. People are lucky he had no power in his hands.

Shields barely did anything but neutralizing GSP, which he did to good extent.
If he got blessed with punching power would be such a force I agree.
Still impressive how he adapted his style and actually held his own in the feet with plenty of dangerous strikers.
He had a great chin though

GSP clobbered Jake for 2 rounds and would have been on his way to a lopsided 50-44 or a TKO if NOT for his eye getting poked or clipped by a knuckle or whatever. He was half blind..

They forgot that this guy sent Mayhem packing. He beat Condit and Okami in one night. Tapped out Robbie Lawler and he defeated Dan Henderson. 6 years undefeated with 15 straight victories coming to that fight.
Best WW in the world outside of the UFC for years, until he moved up to MW so Nick could hold a belt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back