Why did GSP struggle so much with Jake Shields?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilNicky95

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I remember watching Shields on Bully Beatdown back in the day and it looked as if the Bully was getting the better of the stand up portion.

Shields had some of the worst, robotic, awkward striking a Pro fighter could have. Yet GSP, who is regarded as a GOAT candidate(not my me) around here struggled to do much with Jake.

GSP had the superior wrestling and FAR superior stand up when compared to Shields yet Shields busted GSP up and was never closed to getting finished by Georges.

GSP fanatics, explain.
ufc129_12_gsp_vs_shields_024_large.jpg

I remember watching Shields on Bully Beatdown back in the day and it looked as if the Bully was getting the better of the stand up portion.

Shields had some of the worst, robotic, awkward striking a Pro fighter could have. Yet GSP, who is regarded as a GOAT candidate(not my me) around here struggled to do much with Jake.

GSP had the superior wrestling and FAR superior stand up when compared to Shields yet Shields busted GSP up and was never closed to getting finished by Georges.

GSP fanatics, explain.
ufc129_12_gsp_vs_shields_024_large.jpg

Because of ONE SIMPLE BUT GOLDEN RULE OF MMA

If you don't use it, you lose it.

GSP forgot how to strike somewhere along the way becomin the TDD 50-45 machine.

If GSP foughtt Shields after Hughes 2, I thinkn it would look way way different.

Because of ONE SIMPLE BUT GOLDEN RULE OF MMA

If you don't use it, you lose it.

GSP forgot how to strike somewhere along the way becomin the TDD 50-45 machine.

If GSP foughtt Shields after Hughes 2, I thinkn it would look way way different.
Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back