• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why did Anderson never fight legit competitors at LHW??

so rampage is great but forrest is trash. forrest is so trash he beat rampage to win the belt.
it is safe to say rampage is the much better fighter out of him and forrest.

You can shit on any win if you look close enough I guess. I feel like maybe Forrest struggled mentally with fighting Anderson though, so he should get credit for mentally defeating him before they got to the cage.
That’s for sure, seen it way too many times.
And yes, props for winning the mental game. Still feel the victory is overrated. Xanax can have lingering effects for days after one use.

OK

Forrest was a legit challenge,as he was one fight removed from being the champion. Did anderson see something in him stylistically that was expolitable for him? probably. Thats why alot of fights get made.

The bottom line is this: Anderson didnt have to do ANY LHW fights. The fact that he took any,should be enough. I believe guys like Rampage and Shogun would have been significant and difficult challenges for him to overcome,and he's got a legacy and insane momentum to protect.

Also,I also pose this to everyone who tries to tear down guys for this..

How come every champion ever in the promotion hasnt moved up to fight the best at a higher weight class??? Most of them dont move up at all,Anderson at least did it a few times. He should be commended for that.

And yes, props for winning the mental game. Still feel the victory is overrated. Xanax can have lingering effects for days after one use.
I feel like the victory is overrated too,but its not Anderson's fault. He came in there and did his job.

If anderson lets say moved up and faced shogun and lost,you know what would happen?

all his fans would go "smh lol should have stayed at MW,i dunno why he moved up,how can he do this to his true fans???"

OK

Forrest was a legit challenge,as he was one fight removed from being the champion. Did anderson see something in him stylistically that was expolitable for him? probably. Thats why alot of fights get made.

The bottom line is this: Anderson didnt have to do ANY LHW fights. The fact that he took any,should be enough. I believe guys like Rampage and Shogun would have been significant and difficult challenges for him to overcome,and he's got a legacy and insane momentum to protect.

Also,I also pose this to everyone who tries to tear down guys for this..

How come every champion ever in the promotion hasnt moved up to fight the best at a higher weight class??? Most of them dont move up at all,Anderson at least did it a few times. He should be commended for that.
i dunno man, gsp had the guts to come out of retirement after 4 years and face the champ. so in comparison anderson going up and having these fights is not that impressive.

anderson would never have done that and didnt even show signs of wanting to face the champ. so andersons cherry picked opponents at lhw are not that commendable imo. minus the cormier fight where anderson had to fill in for jones. but still got whooped.

i dunno man, gsp had the guts to come out of retirement after 4 years and face the champ.

anderson would never have done that and didnt even show signs of wanting to face the champ. so andersons cherry picked opponents at lhw are not that commendable imo. minus the cormier fight where anderson had to fill in for jones. but still got whooped.
Yes but GSP did that when he didnt have to defend his WW title anymore. We saw Anderson who wasnt the champ,get in there with DC on super short notice. He probably wouldnt have done that if he was still MW champ. Context matters.

Also cherry picked?? Everyone cherry picks. Anderson isnt the LHW champ so he doesnt have any mandatory defenses to make. Anderson is pursuing compelling fights at LHW,and they WERE compelling to the fans. Its not his job to find the absolute hardest fights for him to win. Thats stupid.

GSP didnt do that either. He saw Bisping as someone he could beat. He didnt go after whittaker or Yoel. Thats stupid.

It might be commendable to some that a guy like Enson Inoue very much pursued the hardest fights he could find in Pride,but look how short his career was?

<BC1>

A sensitive GSP fan made this stupid thread.
I love GSP way more than Anderson,but thIs is not a good thread.

The whole "cherry picking" excuse is thrown around as much as "ducking" and neither are applicable 99% of the time to whatever the hell it is they are talking about

Last edited:
irvin and bonnar were not even considered gatekeepers.

forrest was a one hit wonder.

cormier paper champ.

please. go on....

All 3 had good records when Anderson faced them.

bonnar was never finished by a legit ko/tko up to thst point. He was on a 3 fight win streak and that fight was made last minute cause aldo got hurt.

irvin was 4-1 in 5 fights prior to anderson. He also ko Houston Alexander in 8 seconds just before Anderson fight and only was offered the Anderson fight after many top lhw turn it down.

Griffin just lost his lhw title the fight before and had wins over shogun and rampage. If he’s not legit, 99% of fighters on ufc roster are not legit

All 3 had good records when Anderson faced them.

bonnar was never finished by a legit ko/tko up to thst point. He was on a 3 fight win streak and that fight was made last minute cause aldo got hurt.

irvin was 4-1 in 5 fights prior to anderson. He also ko Houston Alexander in 8 seconds just before Anderson fight and only was offered the Anderson fight after many top lhw turn it down.

Griffin just lost his lhw title the fight before and had wins over shogun and rampage. If he’s not legit, 99% of fighters on ufc roster are not legit
The Griffin thing is really all in hindsight anyway. People couldnt say he wasnt legit at the time that they fought. They can only say that in hindsight because Forrest never reached those heights again and retired early.

Yeah I thought I read he took it the night before because he couldn't sleep from the stress of it all, but yeah i'm sure it didn't help him fight night.

He didn't even fight maçuch legit competition at mw, but to be fair the division was not good back then so not his fault
The second half of his reign was impressive.

2 things can be true. rampage is a bertter than forrest and forrest isnt the bum people think he is,.
yep. Cos rampage was the better fighter,and forrest still found a way to beat him. probably the only way that could have worked.

Back