Do you think colby will sign a fight soon? SHould his ranking be stripped?

Elections coming up soon so Colby fight announcing soon.

I agree Colby should drop hard on the ranking.
Dude is way to high ranked based on his fights.

@Slobodan loves Colby and think he is one of the GOATS.

He is very close to having zero wins over any active UFC fighters, let alone currently ranked WWs. 40-year-olds RDA and Max Griffin are barely holding on to their careers.

To even engage in an argument of whether he 'deserves' his ranking is beneath everybody. Of course he doesn't. The scummy fight promoters don't care about such things.

He is a complete failure and now he is washed up, he was never worth the trouble and could not draw a dime for shit but since he sucked Trump's dick Dana had no option but to keep him around but now that the gig is up and he has been exposed as the fraud he is its time to let him go since its clearly he will keep up with his shennaningas and by that I mean fighting once a year, picking up fights against washed up or smaller fighters and then cry for a TS while being 1-1 in his last 2.

Fuck him.

He is a disgusting man, cowardly and I am glad he never became champion.
I usually don't call fighters "cowards" but this guy do everything in his power to avoid dangerous match ups and is always calling smaller or washed up fighters while having ZERO leverage, that says a lot about his character and his confidence on his skills.

For me he is a fucking coward and can fuck off, the guy have 0 redeemable qualities.

Don't really care for Colby but he fought in December. Just over 6 months ago. We are nowhere close to a period of time yet where his ranking should be taken away lol.
Nate Diaz was pulled from the rankings six months after he beat Maynard:

"On Monday, Nate Diaz was ranked sixth in the official UFC lightweight rankings. On Tuesday, he was removed from the rankings altogether despite having knocked out Gray Maynard, who is ranked eighth, in his last outing on Nov. 30, 2013.

“Nate Diaz is in this position where he’s turning down fights, hasn’t accepted any fights, and has been inactive. We don’t know how long he’s going to be inactive, so take him off the rankings. When he comes in and fights his next fight they’ll rank him again after his fight,” added the UFC president.

“I don’t know how long we’re going to play this game. But there’s no sense in hurting the other fighters that are staying active and working their way up in the rankings for a guy who is inactive and we don’t know when he’s going to fight again.”

coulda shoulda woulda

Colby has 1 million followers, everybody hates him and fanboys for the rigth wing.
Even if the UFC would strip his rank, which i doubt, he would just get one back as soon as he has a fight announced.

So it makes no sense to even talk about it.

Nate Diaz was pulled from the rankings six months after he beat Maynard:

"On Monday, Nate Diaz was ranked sixth in the official UFC lightweight rankings. On Tuesday, he was removed from the rankings altogether despite having knocked out Gray Maynard, who is ranked eighth, in his last outing on Nov. 30, 2013.

“Nate Diaz is in this position where he’s turning down fights, hasn’t accepted any fights, and has been inactive. We don’t know how long he’s going to be inactive, so take him off the rankings. When he comes in and fights his next fight they’ll rank him again after his fight,” added the UFC president.

“I don’t know how long we’re going to play this game. But there’s no sense in hurting the other fighters that are staying active and working their way up in the rankings for a guy who is inactive and we don’t know when he’s going to fight again.”

Nate said he was sitting out due to a pay dispute. That's why he was removed.

Colby getting that Caucasian treatment always a sniff away from a shitle tot.

I think there's some potential problems with this. We don't need to see guys who we know are top 10 caliber fighting guys ranked 25th in rather pointless fights. At LW it might work out, at LHW and HW it would be a disaster. A better solution seems to be to just strip guys of their rank if they haven't fought in a certain amount of time, like 12 months as you bring up. Maybe if they haven't won a fight in say, 24 months might work better.
It doesnt really matter. Unfortunatley its a moot point. There will never be any fixed rules, as it prohibits UFC from altering things to their whims.

Usman hasn't won in several years, Belal hasn't won in over a year, Colby, Burns, Wonderboy, Neal. That's 6 of the top 10 gone if that's the criteria, Leon went more than a year between beating Nate Diaz and getting a title shot. Volk expires in 2 weeks at FW, Pavlovich is gone, Jamahal Hill is gone.

That sounds like a great way to have everybody just avoid any fight they could lose and for champs to just ride out the clock until any tough contender just gets removed.
Usman, Belal, Colby and Wonderboy are all above that pivotal age where fighters are known to fall off a cliff at welterweight and below. Imagine they were given the incentive to fight someone outside the top 5, by being stripped of their ranking after a winless year. We might actually start getting some new blood in the division. I'm not seeing the downside here. We can't just rely on Gilbert Burns to fight all the young guys. Think of how shitty welterweight would be if he didn't exist.

Usman, Belal, Colby and Wonderboy are all above that pivotal age where fighters are known to fall off a cliff at welterweight and below. Imagine they were given the incentive to fight someone outside the top 5, by being stripped of their ranking after a winless year. We might actually start getting some new blood in the division. I'm not seeing the downside here. We can't just rely on Gilbert Burns to fight all the young guys. Think of how shitty welterweight would be if he didn't exist.
Well then it's hard to complain about Colby Covington taking fights with guys he knows he'll beat, or Wonderboy wanting to avoid wrestlers, or anybody else who "cherry picks" opponents. Volk steps up and takes hard fights? Sorry, buddy, you're gone. Gaethje? Sorry, gone. Somebody has to lose every fight, so no more taking a few months off if you get KO'd, or you're gone.

I think you might want to just take a look at the rankings, then remove everybody who hasn't won in the last year, and see what the rankings would be, and they look pretty damn silly. It's incredibly common for them to take several months to build up and promote title fights, and both guys to be 6 months or more since their previous one, so whoever loses a title fight needs to hurry up and immediately take another fight or get kicked out of the rankings?

They wouldn't just "fight someone outside the top 5", they'd fight ONLY guys outside the top 15 to make damn sure they get a win. And if so many guys go from #1 contender to unranked that quickly, do they jump all the way back into the top 5 with their next win, or do they have to slowly climb back?

i think dana is done with him. 0-3 in title fights. his trump schtick doesn't work. he looked terrible against leon. has no friends.

i think his only option at this point is begging for a WWE contract

Well then it's hard to complain about Colby Covington taking fights with guys he knows he'll beat, or Wonderboy wanting to avoid wrestlers, or anybody else who "cherry picks" opponents. Volk steps up and takes hard fights? Sorry, buddy, you're gone. Gaethje? Sorry, gone. Somebody has to lose every fight, so no more taking a few months off if you get KO'd, or you're gone.

I think you might want to just take a look at the rankings, then remove everybody who hasn't won in the last year, and see what the rankings would be, and they look pretty damn silly. It's incredibly common for them to take several months to build up and promote title fights, and both guys to be 6 months or more since their previous one, so whoever loses a title fight needs to hurry up and immediately take another fight or get kicked out of the rankings?

They wouldn't just "fight someone outside the top 5", they'd fight ONLY guys outside the top 15 to make damn sure they get a win. And if so many guys go from #1 contender to unranked that quickly, do they jump all the way back into the top 5 with their next win, or do they have to slowly climb back?
I'm not sure what you thought this meaningless rant accomplished. You haven't given a single reason why it would be a bad thing. All of the fighters we are talking about were crazy active before they got into the top 5. Then the activity level fell of a cliff. Gilbert Burns is the only one in the division doing work and fighting the young guys. What I'm proposing would solve the problem.

Reactions: HHJ
Look I like Colby but it just shows the UFCs been a joke for a long time now. Really sad

I think Colby made a big mistake ducking Ian. I think Ian was severely overrated and a very winnable fight for him. Maybe he could have gotten another undeserved fight after that win too.

Instead, most now realize he’s a duck and a coward who only cherry-picks easy fights. He doesn’t deserve to be ranked tbh. Strip him and make him sign a contract or cut him. What a loser.

Back