Why did Anderson never fight legit competitors at LHW??

Yup, he was still a very impressive fighter and i don't doubt anderson could be champion today ( prime anderson) but lets be real the divisions were weaker back them so even if he became champion nowadays i really doubt he would be as dominant as he was. Guys with chael sonnen skills dont get a title shot in today's mw division
Tbh if anderson ever faced Romero he would get KTFO, even bobby knucklez and izzy both beat Anderson handily. I’m on the fence with rockhold, but I think he would smash Anderson too. And we saw what Weidman did to Anderson twice.

I’m going out on a branch here, but I think Anderson would beat the shit out of khamzat (but he isn’t even ranked).

Except the Cormier fight when Anderson got completely shut the fuck out off, why did Anderson only fight sub par and below fighters at LHW??

Did Anderson know he would always get smeshed by top competition?

I think Anderson always knew.

so fighting forrest griffen isnt legit enough? last i checked being a lhw isnt subpar in any way

so fighting forrest griffen isnt legit enough? last i checked being a lhw isnt subpar in any way
Fighting real mediocre quality lhw barely matters.

why didn’t anderson face anyone who was legit??

was he ducking them? It seems so.

Drug testing was more stringent at LHW.

I want to know who these legit competitirs are supposed to be... Jon Jones, Jon Jones and Jon Jones? I've seen people say Shogun but Shogun lost to Hendo, Griffin and Sonnen (Silva beat all 3). Shogun's overall record in the UFC isn't super impressive and people claim he was shot pretty much since he entered the UFC.

As for Jones did he ever express interest in fighting Silva? Jones is also fucking huge btw and Silva was already getting on the older side when Jones became champ.

Edit: I realise I just responded to a clear troll thread posted by somebody named Dildos...

Last edited:
He's been a casual since 2011. Should we start counting his yellow cards too?
Shut up 2017 acct, as far as I know you started watching mma many a year after Anderson had moderate success.

True.

Anderson has never legitimately won a fight after popping.

Really makes you think.
Seriously, I think if Anderson never got on peds he would still be flipping burgers at Burger King.

Seriously, I think if Anderson never got on peds he would still be flipping burgers at Burger King.

He would be getting tapped by random Japanese jobbers for sure.

Some of you need your head examined.

While it's true Forrest was a nice stylistic matchup for Anderson out of the elite LHW guys, there is no question he was a legit matchup at the time, and touched the elite tier at his highest point (although yes, he wouldn't hold on for very long).

Back