Why did Anderson never fight legit competitors at LHW??

Shut up 2017 acct, as far as I know you started watching mma many a year after Anderson had moderate success.
Sherdog is a bane of "just bleed" casuals parading as hardcores. A membership here is not indicative of anything. What is indicative are your constant retarded takes and trolling. You just lost your yellow card, didn't you? Or was it dubs?

And as far as I know, you got your hands on WWE 2k12 real early and went "Oh, Brock's back in the game? I wonder where he went," and starting watching UFC.

i am just baffled why anderson didnt face jones, shogun, rashad, rampage or chuck...

i really think anderson was scared to face those guys.

Sherdog is a bane of "just bleed" casuals parading as hardcores. A membership here is not indicative of anything. What is indicative are your constant retarded takes and trolling. You just lost your yellow card, didn't you? Or was it dubs?

And as far as I know, you got your hands on WWE 2k12 real early and went "Oh, Brock's back in the game? I wonder where he went," and starting watching UFC.
520151.jpg

keep running that pretty mouth of yours playboy.

you talk the talk, but i dont think you walk the walk.

im surprised you as a recently new 2017 mma fan hasnt said that conor would beat anderson.

Stop looking back and thinking 'Anderson's competition was nothing'. He fought Forrest who was LHW champ before losing the Rashad 6 months prior to the Anderson fight. He also fought every single person they threw at him at 185.... Franklin twice, Nate Marquardt, Hendo, Chael twice, Maia, Vitor, Okami, Bonnar and Irvin....Honestly while Chris did beat Anderson twice he was no where near the champ Anderson was. Anderson held the title for 6 years fighting 15 times. Chris fought only 4 times in 3 years, with the last time being the lose to Rockhold.

I may not like Fedor but I can respect what he did. Reality is the greatest champs in MMA history will always include the likes of Fedor, Anderson, GSP and Jones. Chris is a highlight real memory at 185, but who else has been that dominant so far?

Stop looking back and thinking 'Anderson's competition was nothing'. He fought Forrest who was LHW champ before losing the Rashad 6 months prior to the Anderson fight. He also fought every single person they threw at him at 185.... Franklin twice, Nate Marquardt, Hendo, Chael twice, Maia, Vitor, Okami, Bonnar and Irvin....Honestly while Chris did beat Anderson twice he was no where near the champ Anderson was. Anderson held the title for 6 years fighting 15 times. Chris fought only 4 times in 3 years, with the last time being the lose to Rockhold.

I may not like Fedor but I can respect what he did. Reality is the greatest champs in MMA history will always include the likes of Fedor, Anderson, GSP and Jones. Chris is a highlight real memory at 185, but who else has been that dominant so far?
He's trolling dude

the best thing anderson did is that anderson convinced a guy (lyoto, who still wasnt that great...) that would totally demolish him to stay in the division above and demand more money.

but tbh lyoto never deserved or got that 'andersonmoney'.. kindof thing that poirer is doing right now, right? @Beherit

What was Silvas biggest win? (in his prime as MW champion) Is it fair to say Dan Henderson? or perhaps TRT Vitor.

520151.jpg

keep running that pretty mouth of yours playboy.

you talk the talk, but i dont think you walk the walk.

im surprised you as a recently new 2017 mma fan hasnt said that conor would beat anderson.
Conor's a mockery of what an elite fighter actually is. The few posts I make speak for themselves, and I think they leave an impression like the mushroom stamp your 'girlfriend' gives you when he's wearing his little crop top, but I don't post frequently enough to leave an impression.

If Griffin was a piece of shit immediately after losing the title, then there were no good LHW's for him to face, were there? He just beat Page and Rua, but they were both bums at that point? Cuz Page was a psycho and lazy, and Rua had no knees. Sherdog had Griffin at #4. The only people above him when they fought was Machida, the champ who Silva would never fight and was booked against Rua anyway. Rampage, who couldn't be a decent challenge by your regards if beating him did nothing for Griffin, and Rashad, who was in that ridiculous fatboy season of TUF against Rampage anyway, so they were both booked. If we go by your metric, again, there were no good LHW's for him to fight. Just cuz Griffin came in drugged up, shat the bed, and ran for his life doesn't mean that beforehand he wasn't the best person to take a fight against at the time. Who else should Silva have fought then?

What was Silvas biggest win? (in his prime as MW champion) Is it fair to say Dan Henderson? or perhaps TRT Vitor.
vitor wasnt on peds. or not the ammount anderson was on. possibly hendo. but that was before hendo got his tue.

so i mean, like is it... marquardt??

True.

Anderson has never legitimately won a fight after popping.

Really makes you think.

Regardless of it being a close decision or not but he beat Brunson still legit.

i am just baffled why anderson didnt face jones, shogun, rashad, rampage or chuck...

i really think anderson was scared to face those guys.
Kudos to going to LHW.
I think it quite clear why you pick Irwin,Bonnar,Griffin instead of Shogun,Jones and Rashad at that time. Easier fights and probably did his LHW for show and
not a race for the belt.
And going after Machida would never happend due to their friendship.

Conor's a mockery of what an elite fighter actually is. The few posts I make speak for themselves, and I think they leave an impression like the mushroom stamp your 'girlfriend' gives you when he's wearing his little crop top, but I don't post frequently enough to leave an impression.

If Griffin was a piece of shit immediately after losing the title, then there were no good LHW's for him to face, were there? He just beat Page and Rua, but they were both bums at that point? Cuz Page was a psycho and lazy, and Rua had no knees. Sherdog had Griffin at #4. The only people above him when they fought was Machida, the champ who Silva would never fight and was booked against Rua anyway. Rampage, who couldn't be a decent challenge by your regards if beating him did nothing for Griffin, and Rashad, who was in that ridiculous fatboy season of TUF against Rampage anyway, so they were both booked. If we go by your metric, again, there were no good LHW's for him to fight. Just cuz Griffin came in drugged up, shat the bed, and ran for his life doesn't mean that beforehand he wasn't the best person to take a fight against at the time. Who else should Silva have fought then?
anderson should have faced jones or thiago silva, maybe even vera or jardine who would both have a good chance of beating anderson. facing the weakest of the comp at the time did no help to anderson trying to say he is good in 2 divisions.

That was a robbery, clear as day.

In fairness , I cant say ive rewatched it and probably wont in a hurry. From memory it was close, not a huge robbery.

Apologies I thought you meant legit win as in didnt pop or flag for anything.

Reactions: TR1
In fairness , I cant say ive rewatched it and probably wont in a hurry.

Apologies I thought you meant legit win as in didnt pop or flag for anything.

It was a dogshit fight, don't bother.

I forced myself to rewatch it just to make sure my memory wasn't tricking me; still a robbery.

He fought and destroyed Griffin who was a 205 champ you casual

Delete your account
You are the casual, you do know that Griffin admittedly was , in his own words I quote

“xanaxed our of my mind that night, they should have never let me fight”

dude was in slo-mo and not himself..

that “win” carries less weight imo than the Irvin win, which was a shit gameplan by Irvin.

Anderson is known to catch kicks, now that kick had some heat on it but he missed his timing.

Mofo should have stuck to a straight boxing gameplan.

Except the Cormier fight when Anderson got completely shut the fuck out off, why did Anderson only fight sub par and below fighters at LHW??

Did Anderson know he would always get smeshed by top competition?

I think Anderson always knew.
What a shitty hot take

anderson should have faced jones or thiago silva, maybe even vera or jardine who would both have a good chance of beating anderson. facing the weakest of the comp at the time did no help to anderson trying to say he is good in 2 divisions.
No one should have been saying Silva was "good" in 2 divisions. I'm not one for champs getting auto superfights, but almost all of his LHW fights were him filling in as a favor for the company. He clearly wasn't challenging for a title, so no one should be rewarding him with such comments. However, saying Jones? Silva fought Griffin after Jones guillotined fuckin Jake O Brien or some shit. Jones was just about to earn his first loss to Hamill headbutting Jon's elbow into submission. Thiago was hype, I'll give you that one, but Machida beat him just before the Silva-Griffin fight. Vera never had prolonged success at LHW, and fucking Jardine? You're saying that fighting Griffin immediately after his title loss is worse than Jardine, who later that month had his 4th loss is 6 fights. Comon man, you gotta be on the level with me here.

Those sound likes names you're trying to throw out around the times of the Irvin, Bonnar, or Cormier fights, but Silva only fought at LHW at those events on short notice. The only event and the best LHW Silva beat was Griffin, Aug 2009. So again, at that time, was there anyone Silva should have fought? The only one arguable for that is Thiago Silva, who was originally slated as Griffin's opponent in the first place, but there's no denying Griffin was higher ranked for good reason.

Back