Why Conor- Diaz 2 not at lightweight?

I guess its because he dont wanna lose to the number 12 ranked LW in order to be gifted a ts

If conor loses to nate at 155 it'll crush his chances of fighting for 155 belt, whoever hold it.

Because the first fight was at 170 and that is what Conor is trying to avenge.

If he beat Nate at 155 people would say "170 Nate would beat him again".
I feel like it would be the opposite actually. I think Nate is a better fighter at 155, if he beat him there it would make him look even better.

I feel like it would be the opposite actually. I think Nate is a better fighter at 155, if he beat him there it would make him look even better.
Regardless of how you feel you know what people are like around here, you change any of the circumstances in the second fight and it's gonna be used as a reason it didn't play out like the first one, I even expect "Short Notice Nate" or "Cabo Diaz" to become a thing if Conor wins.

FAR from a keyboard warrior, bud... But I should expect that type of reaction from a Baroni fan. Conor is a proven whiny tit baby... he still complains about the UFC 200 debacle, and "jumps 2 weight classes" is BS... Yeah it was a WW fight... against a LW... and Conor himself said he was going to sweep that division too... He got tapped, he's gonna get tapped again and both times at the hands of a middle of the pack LW contender. / story, breh. Cry me a river, Conor isn't what ppl thought he was. He's an excellent fighter, he's exciting to watch, but he isn NOT the GOAT, won't be the GOAT, he's just going to be a fun guy to watch at 155.

Ok, then you should understand, what a risk Connor took in taking Nate fight.
And hands off Baroni, he's DA BEST EVA!!!!

Connor could have taken much easier fight with bigger name, like BJ Penn,
who is a FW now. He could have fought BJ at 155.

Instead he took Nate, who is Huge LW, with wins at WW, durable and conditioned as fuck
and with bigger height and reach....

That takes BALLS, you should understand that, if you are not a keyboard warrior, buddy boy!

If he fought a top 5 welterweight he would have gone up two weight classes. He fought an inconsistent lightweight and still got wrecked.

See how conor moans about the bigger man, his reach, his weight? Carlos condit is the number 5 welterweight. Hes 2 inches taller than nate, and an actual welterweight. Conor would get fucking destroyed by condit. How do you think conor would do against the guys condit competes with, like gsp, rory macdonald, and indeed, nates big brother? These guys are actual welterweights. Conor fought a fat lightweight who had no camp, don't kid yourself otherwise.

personally I'd love to see kelvin gastellum get that red panty night

See previous answer.
And Connor was preparing for a LW title shot, he took a WW fight on 10 days notice,
for a completely different type of fighter.

See previous answer.
And Connor was preparing for a LW title shot, he took a WW fight on 10 days notice,
for a completely different type of fighter.

i dare you to check out how much reach advantage conor had over siver, aldo, and mendes. i dare you to go see how much longer conors reach is than daniel cormiers'. you won't

As others have said to preserve LW for McGregor and to allow him to say he went up two weight classes if he loses. Kind of dumb reasons, but I live that neither fighter has to put too much into cutting weight and can just fight.

i dare you to check out how much reach advantage conor had over siver, aldo, and mendes. i dare you to go see how much longer conors reach is than daniel cormiers'. you won't

Connor made weight fair and square, not like some Johnson or Hendricks, who missed a lot.
After that Connor was preparing for similiar sized Dos Anjos at 155,
insted changed to a bigger, lankier Nate, who is absolutely different beast and at 170!

Who else did that? Very few! BJ penn in early days, Silva beat some bums at 205 ( but his DC challenge was great).
Connor did a bold move, considering what was on the line.

For example, if he would pick BJ as his opponent and smack him,
he would still be undefeated in the UFC and his hype would be Global!

Ok, then you should understand, what a risk Connor took in taking Nate fight.
And hands off Baroni, he's DA BEST EVA!!!!

Connor could have taken much easier fight with bigger name, like BJ Penn,
who is a FW now. He could have fought BJ at 155.

Instead he took Nate, who is Huge LW, with wins at WW, durable and conditioned as fuck
and with bigger height and reach....

That takes BALLS, you should understand that, if you are not a keyboard warrior, buddy boy!

Defend the tit baby all you like, Dana does too, haha... But the FACT is he lost to a mid-tier LW... and he laid claim to being a multi division champion... He failed to deliver in his first fight with a LW, and its about to happen again. The ONLY reason they fought at WW the first time was because Nate would have had to crash cut the weight to get to 170 and its not healthy at all. This time, its to salvage his reputation as a LW after the inevitable happens(again) to those who don't pay attention and don't realize that Nate isn't even a WW.

Defend the tit baby all you like, Dana does too, haha... But the FACT is he lost to a mid-tier LW... and he laid claim to being a multi division champion... He failed to deliver in his first fight with a LW, and its about to happen again. The ONLY reason they fought at WW the first time was because Nate would have had to crash cut the weight to get to 170 and its not healthy at all. This time, its to salvage his reputation as a LW after the inevitable happens(again) to those who don't pay attention and don't realize that Nate isn't even a WW.

I agree that Connor overreached by wanting to conquer WW.
He should have sticked to 155.
Nevertheless, if you are not a keyboard warrior, you should look at the facts straight
and understand, what a huge heart it took Connor to do that and a great risk.

I agree that Connor overreached by wanting to conquer WW.
He should have sticked to 155.
Nevertheless, if you are not a keyboard warrior, you should look at the facts straight
and understand, what a huge heart it took Connor to do that and a great risk.

please... realize that he over reached by wanting to take on LW... NOT WW... NATE IS NOT A WW... Quit fucking saying he took on WW... he fought a LW at 170 lbs...

109 lightweights currently on the UFC roster. Nate is easily top ten.

Have they given a reason??
Conor believed that Nate would be st00pid with his money, so he won't have enough money left over to eat steaks and steaks!

you know, Leprechaun logic.

please... realize that he over reached by wanting to take on LW... NOT WW... NATE IS NOT A WW... Quit fucking saying he took on WW... he fought a LW at 170 lbs...

Agreed.
But he is a TOP 10 LW, with wins at WW, who fought for a title.
Huge risk. Takes balls!

Agreed.
But he is a TOP 10 LW, with wins at WW, who fought for a title.
Huge risk. Takes balls!
Minimal risk possible to his stock... But single handedly blew his star power out the window when he got subbed. Hence the terrible to let sales thus far

So is he ever gonna defend his fucking belt in the division he is supposedly the champ of? I mean sometimes I really forget he is the featherweight champion

Minimal risk possible to his stock... But single handedly blew his star power out the window when he got subbed. Hence the terrible to let sales thus far

BJ was far safer fight.
Equal size and reach, long layoff, many wars, but a Legend and LW+WW champ.
And still a Big name, bigger than Nate!

Less risk more reward.

BJ was far safer fight.
Equal size and reach, long layoff, many wars, but a Legend and LW+WW champ.
And still a Big name, bigger than Nate!

Less risk more reward.

Gonna have to agree to
Disagree here... Conor can do no wrong in some eyes... However delusional they may be lol.

Back