Why Conor- Diaz 2 not at lightweight?

As a big Conor fan. It's so win or lose Conor doesn't lose anything in either FW or LW

It protects Conor from a LW loss. Dana still wants to gift him a LW title shot.

McGregor wanted it the exact same as before so there's no excuses.

Have they given a reason??
Conor McGregor: "What kind of fighter would I be, if I said, 'Hey, I didn't get you at 170, let me try to get you at 155.' I'll make my adjustments. I ate up to the weight. This time, I won't do that."

Because Conor needs his ready made excuse for his second asswhooping.

image.jpeg

Because it makes sense. They would've felt Conor had a better chance at winning if it was at 155.

Risk vs reward. A loss at LW completely derails the champ vs champ match that Dana still wants.

Dana is full of shit. Have you noticed how he keeps referring to Nate as a WW now? Why do you think that is?

Have they given a reason??

Because their tit baby, whining cash cow still has an excuse for losing and they can still squeeze some more cash out of him when he vacates the FW belt for LW and becomes a gatekeeper.

Risk vs reward. A loss at LW completely derails the champ vs champ match that Dana still wants.

Dana is full of shit. Have you noticed how he keeps referring to Nate as a WW now?

I think win or lose if McGregor goes back to 145 and beats Aldo in impressive fashion he could easily get that 155 shot.

Nate struggles to make 155, Conor wouldn't. It'd be advantageous to Conor at 155.

I think win or lose if McGregor goes back to 145 and beats Aldo in impressive fashion he could easily get that 155 shot.

Nate struggles to make 155, Conor wouldn't. It'd be advantageous to Conor at 155.

Nate wanted 155. He was denied.

I have never seen Dana refer to Conor as a WW. Not once.

A LW title shot for Conor is a much tougher sell if he coming off of a loss there very recently in his only LW bout.

Nate wanted 155. He was denied.

I have never seen Dana refer to Conor as a WW. Not once.

A LW title shot for Conor is a much tougher sell if he coming off of a loss there very recently in his only LW bout.

Link? I find that hard to believe, 170 favours Nate. I 100% believe that Conor wanted it the same for the reasons he says.

It's not a tough sell, he's Conor McGregor, it would sell. As long as he has that 145 belt, champion vs champion works.

Now Hendo getting a title shot when he's ranked at number 13 should be a tough sell but they've done that.

Link? I find that hard to believe, 170 favours Nate. I 100% believe that Conor wanted it the same for the reasons he says.

It's not a tough sell, he's Conor McGregor, it would sell. As long as he has that 145 belt, champion vs champion works.

Now Hendo getting a title shot when he's ranked at number 13 should be a tough sell but they've done that.

"If there’s a second fight, I’ll fight at 55. I’d like to be in shape... I don’t want to hear no excuses. I’ll make 55. I was planning on making 55 last time.”

http://www.newstalk.com/Nate-Diaz-wants-to-fight-Conor-McGregor-at-Lightweight

Nate wanted 155 because that is his weight class. He was denied. He has said it more recently as well but I don't have it bookmarked. Maybe someone else can provide it.

Did you see Nate's most recent fight at LW vs MJ? He looked to be in phenomenal physical condition at 155.

"If there’s a second fight, I’ll fight at 55. I’d like to be in shape... I don’t want to hear no excuses. I’ll make 55. I was planning on making 55 last time.”

http://www.newstalk.com/Nate-Diaz-wants-to-fight-Conor-McGregor-at-Lightweight

Nate wanted 155 because that is his weight class. He was denied. He has said it more recently as well but I don't have it bookmarked. Maybe someone else can provide it.

Did you see Nate's most recent fight at LW vs MJ? He looked to be in phenomenal physical condition at 155.

He wanted 55 because he knows 170 could be argued making the fight in his favour. Neither want excuses.

Conor just wouldn't accept any change.

"What kind of fighter would I be if I lost a contest at a specific weight against a specific individual and then I said, ‘Well, you got me this time, cut a load of weight and I'll get you at that weight?'

He's right because if it was changed to 155 and he won, people would point to the change being the difference.

Back