Why Conor- Diaz 2 not at lightweight?

Makes sense I really don't care , but a lot of people will bitch because if he loses to diaz again it looks pretty bad

People on here will, sure.

But if McGregor knocks Aldo out again, the hype train is back on track.

It's a sellable position CM wants to avenge first loss. Coincidentally it offers a clean record at LW if he loses. CM likely realizing moving weight classes takes time to adjust effectively.

Because their tit baby, whining cash cow still has an excuse for losing and they can still squeeze some more cash out of him when he vacates the FW belt for LW and becomes a gatekeeper.

Yeah, a guy jumps two weight classess above, taking a risky fight on short notice,
puts up a fight, and he's whining baby?

STFU, keyboard warrior!

Yeah, a guy jumps two weight classess above, taking a risky fight on short notice,
puts up a fight, and he's whining baby?

STFU, keyboard warrior!

If he fought a top 5 welterweight he would have gone up two weight classes. He fought an inconsistent lightweight and still got wrecked.

See how conor moans about the bigger man, his reach, his weight? Carlos condit is the number 5 welterweight. Hes 2 inches taller than nate, and an actual welterweight. Conor would get fucking destroyed by condit. How do you think conor would do against the guys condit competes with, like gsp, rory macdonald, and indeed, nates big brother? These guys are actual welterweights. Conor fought a fat lightweight who had no camp, don't kid yourself otherwise.

personally I'd love to see kelvin gastellum get that red panty night

The title shot is based on champion vs champion, the only thing that de-rails it is if he loses the belt.

As long as he's in the position of the dominant featherweight champion that fight is on the table.

How can they possibly make that match up if he loses twice to a guy thats not even a candidate for a title shot in LW, it would be a fucking farce. "Oh nate fucked you up twice, but sure, have a title shot." nate is 3 and 3 in his last 6 fights. So you can't get past that guy and you get a shot in his division? That would be pathetic even by ufc standards

How can they possibly make that match up if he loses twice to a guy thats not even a candidate for a title shot in LW, it would be a fucking farce. "Oh nate fucked you up twice, but sure, have a title shot." nate is 3 and 3 in his last 6 fights. So you can't get past that guy and you get a shot in his division? That would be pathetic even by ufc standards

Still champion vs champion and you're all thinking about it fresh off the Nate fight, it'd be after he fought Aldo the 2nd time, his stock would be back up.

Conor McGregor: "What kind of fighter would I be, if I said, 'Hey, I didn't get you at 170, let me try to get you at 155.' I'll make my adjustments. I ate up to the weight. This time, I won't do that."

You actually believe that shit?

Still champion vs champion and you're all thinking about it fresh off the Nate fight, it'd be after he fought Aldo the 2nd time, his stock would be back up.

I think we just plain disagree, fair enough man

So... will Conor ever be able to make it back to 145? I say good luck with that.

I think we just plain disagree, fair enough man

A 45 year old ranked outside the top 10 in his division is about to fight for the title.

If they think people will buy it, they won't hesitate to sell it, no matter how illogical it may be.

Nate wanted 155, but Conor wanted 170 so as usual the UFC gave Conor what he wanted. Apparently Kavanagh tried to convince Conor that 155 would be better, but Conor wanted it 170 so it would be exactly like the first fight

Sadly this goes back to being beaten by the "bigger man" idea, I see it now, post fight spin will be...

"Conor went up 2 divisions to take this fight against a bigger opponent, he has marbles of stone, no one else in UFC history has ever jumped 2 weight classes", blah, blah, blah... Still FW Champ.

Have they given a reason??

Because Conor wanted
He said if he changed the factors and win, people would say that was the reason, so everything must mantain the same, including the weight
And the ass kicking he will get lol

Sadly this goes back to being beaten by the "bigger man" idea, I see it now, post fight spin will be...

"Conor went up 2 divisions to take this fight against a bigger opponent, he has marbles of stone, no one else in UFC history has ever jumped 2 weight classes", blah, blah, blah... Still FW Champ.
This

Back